Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Neenan 10km - Millstreet, 27/6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

Anyone here doing it, they seemed to get a good crowd last year.

Clashes with the Timoleague/Courtmac one in mid Cork, but this is nearer to me.

http://visitballyhoura.com/index.php/2014/04/22/willie-neenan-memorial-10k-road-race-millstreet-27th-june-2014/

Anyone know if it's hilly? Wouldn't mind having another crack at 40, or at least get near 41 anyway, so if anyone knows anyone pitching it at that time I would like to hijack their pacing!

I did it last night year but unfortunetly i cant do it this year. i thought it was a very good race last year, very well marshelled. on the question is it hilly!! yes its hilly enough, small hill at start upto town then downhill down to the end of the town where you turn right and thats where the fun starts!! there is serious enough drag for about a mile if i rememebr correctly. tough enough finish also as there is a drag back into town to the finish line. overall i think it would a tough course to get a PB. great local support out for it also which is always a good thing. food afterwards was fantastic:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I did it last year also, tough course indeed but unreal support from the locals as you finish up in the town. We had a beautiful evening for it last year.

Nice race alright, tough, but at least you get the full benefit of all the uphill before about 6km with long downhills after. Great support out, great food afterwards, nice touches like well marshalled for traffic and a proper finish line with a fast run into it.

Advertisement