Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netherlands vs. Chile, Group B Decider, 17.00 kickoff

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Very poor of RTE to not show highlights from the Spain game at half-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Woop Woop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

It had been coming. The Dutch had taken over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yeaa!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Up to a point but why aren't they going all out to win this, a draw is no better than a defeat for them.

Maybe they don't mind getting Brazil in the next round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Yes! A beaut of a header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,869 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Maybe they don't mind getting Brazil in the next round?

Might fancy them more than Croatia? I guess...

Might fancy them more than Croatia? I guess...

To be honest, even though Brazil will more than likely have the officials on their side, they still look an average team to me. By comparison, Croatia look stronger and were hard done by in that first match. I think I'd take my chances against a poor enough Brazil sooner than I would against a pretty decent Croatia.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shocking marking on the goal.

poor match

Ref MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I hope Chiles number 17 gets a puck in the gob, might shut him up for a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

absolutely awful game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That ref is getting some amount of abuse from the Chileans

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Depay, 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hilarious. Robben has robbed em!

Robben being unselfish :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Robben is such a WC player, I love watching him play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Best In The World.

• Advertisement

Absolutely brilliant by Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Brilliant counter attacking goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Headshot wrote: »
    Robben is such a WC player, I love watching him play

W****** C*** - harsh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Good refereeing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Tight match, one Side deserved it as much as the other Reay. But that ref might as well have worn am Oranje jersey to be honest.

For me Holland were deserving winners, they didn't need to win and were content not to chase the game. LVG made some sweet tactical changes and then finished the game off. The Dutch are looking really good to me and I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Biddy_61

Good pass by Robben for the 2nd goal. Was that his first pass though? Usually a bit selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Holland comfortable for most of the game

3 wins from 3, it can only go downhill from here! 4 more and they'll be world champions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

No, there were others.

Wouldn't be so sure about Holland winning it. I could see France having the beating of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Wouldn't be so sure about Holland winning it. I could see France having the beating of them.

Holland are well set up but they don't have the players to win a World Cup. I thought they wouldn't get out of the group.

I think there was a bit if doubt about them getting out of the group in general. I remember reading an article before the tournament started that said Chile were the dark horses that would knock out Holland and go through with Spain! Funny how it's turning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Sneijder was rubbish again today so it was pretty much Robben and some astute tactics that won it for the Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mossey79

Robben player of the tournament so far

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The manager is the worst of the lot. Deplorable sportsmanship. I wanted to support Chile this year too. Hate how common the gamesmanship has become sours the wins for so many teams for me.

I don't get the big fuss over the waving of an imaginary card, seems to just be an issue with those who watch the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

vidor wrote: »
    I don't get the big fuss over the waving of an imaginary card, seems to just be an issue with those who watch the Premier League.

Yeah, It's seemingly OK to claim a throw, corner, handball, free kick etc but once you call for a yellow card you are the devil incarnate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah, It's seemingly OK to claim a throw, corner, handball, free kick etc but once you call for a yellow card you are the devil incarnate.

No, you see it's ok to ask for a yellow, it's only waving the imaginary card that gets people's knickers in a twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Robben has been outstanding easily the player of the tournament so far. Devestating player on his day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

vidor wrote: »

No he just whinges all the time. Waves the imagingary card. Complains about every call. Calls for frees at every oppertunity and he has a super punchable face :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

SantryRed wrote: »
    No, you see it's ok to ask for a yellow, it's only waving the imaginary card that gets people's knickers in a twist.

Does making that little dive gesture get people's panties in a tangle also?
    I think it's crazy how worked up people get over the card waving thing, you're trying to influence the referee into making a decision. It's no different to slapping your forearm looking for a handball in the box.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's one thing to claim that something happened - corner, dive, whatever, but quite another to run to teacher to tell him to give the bold boy a detention like an oily little lick-arse.

Is probably it.

Advertisement