Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not getting any better

• 23-06-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

A year and a half ago I had a bad fall which resutled in me fracturing a vertabrae in my lower back (L5) I ended up in a back brace for 3 months. Luckily I didn't need surgery. After the back brace came off and I was given the ok to return to work, I started physio. The physio was through the hospital and it was infrequent, starting with once a week and then going to every 3 weeks etc. It was different each time. Long story short, I am back at work over a year and I suffer with back pain, but it is all in my shoulders/shoulder blades and neck. I dont have any pain where the fracture was. I have attended private physio and it helped for a while but I still suffer with the same symptoms.
    I am very active, I go swimming, do pilates, walking etc. I can't take on much more exercise. My work has me sitting at a desk every day which probably doesn't help.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or could anyone offer any helpful advice/solution.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

I smashed my collar bone up there a while ago and had to get a plate put in. I think it probably took about 18 months to 2 years for all the problems to clear up. Very frustrating, as after a few months of no progress you really start to feel like it will never get better. I also picked upi loads of secondary problems in my neck and t-spine.

I kept on doing my rehab work and eventually it did clear up. It was kind of weird that it got to about 80% quick enough and then there was no progress for ages and then suddenly it got a lot better.

Anyway, hang in there. Bones actually take a long time to heal properly. Even after they've gotten strong enough to not be a problem any more, it still takes years for the healing process to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RhiannaC

What is your diet like?

Advertisement