Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Inchicore

Options
  • 23-06-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am thinking of moving to Inchicore, close to Drimnach luas stop.
    I was wondering whether it is a safe area as I have read several and I am a bit worried.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

I lived around that area a few years ago.
    I wouldn't recommend Inchicore to my worst enemy, only good thing about the place is that if you like football you can go watch St Pats from time to time.

Local shops/pubs are crap. Pubs in particular are unfriendly to new customers.
    Other than it being cheap to rent, there's really nothing that's any good in that part of the city.
    And the locals instantly hate you if you're not from there.
    Plenty of street crime and the odd murder thrown in there too.

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tell us what you really think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Good jaysis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

I live there currently and the problems Matt describes are over blown or non-existent. Perhaps you should go and have a look in the shops, have a drink, see if you can spot any burnt out cars or taped off crime scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I live in Inchicore, the northern end of Inchicore, not the luas end. In my experience it's fine. Plenty of undesirables, but that is the result of direct wealth redistribution, expect it all over Ireland and Europe. The Wallace Restaurant on Grattan Cresent is lovely and there's a nice chipper and Chinese. There's a primary school a playground/park and allotments, again on Grattan Cresent. A tesco (Tyreconnel Rd.) that opens late and a spar(Emmet Rd.). Other than that there's not alot there, Roy's Cafe on Emmet road do nice breakfasts and lunch, in a greasy spoon style. No Cafés and no nice shops, but who cares when you are less than 15 mins from the city centre by public transport. It's also clode to leafy Kilmainham, the modern art gallery, Kilmainham Gaol, the Hilton (nice bar for cocktails) and a gym.

The local kids are ferral shoplifters that travel in packs. You're down the south end of Inchicore, you have to walk passed some ghetto flats to get to the main part of Inchicore, they've knocked down most of the flats but a significant amount remain. They're actually quiet enough flats, but I'd avoid walking around there at night as it is poorly lit. The main bit(Emmet Road) is a bit run down, lot's of derelict units, heavy traffic and extremely poor pedestrian facilities. Again you're talking a fairly decent commute to the city centre so I'd recommend it provided you are not a delicate little flower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pushia

Thank you all for your feedback, it was really helpful. Lot's of food for thought...

Thank you again !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

You're moving in the wrong direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Big thread here abut Tramyard (which is in the middle of Inchciore) including a post of mine:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057125126

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

I have lived in Inchicore for 16 years. It is what it is. Close to city on LUAS good bus route. IMO its the most settled area to live in Dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

I have lived in Inchicore for four years. You'd see the less desirable folk around alright but they generally don't tend to give any hassle. The only real problem I had was when my car had the side window smashed and a pair of sunglasses taken out of it. So secure parking would be an advantage to you. I have seen a group of teenagers going around lately, one of them carrying a golf club so I presume these lads could be at this. One of the group looks about 16 but his face looks like he already has liver failure, as his skin is so yellow. Have seen him hanging around the Italian chipper near Myra Close. Other then that just keep your wits about you and keep your mouth shut and the usual avoid the dark areas and you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement