Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Anchovy fillets - can I get them in Dublin ?

Options
  • 23-06-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Not looking for the salted fillets you get on pizza's, but the fresh white fillets you get in tapas dishes....anybody seen them in Dublin ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The olive stall in Temple Bar food market & (if this still happens) around the side of Powerscourt Arcade on a Thursday sell them. Fallon & Byrne did sell them but I'm not sure I've seen them there recently. When Lidl has a Spanish week they tend to have anchovy fillets too (in the fridge).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink.

tHB

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Think tesco have them at the deli counter with the olives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Should this not be in the food + drink forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kingaaa wrote: »
    Should this not be in the food + drink forum?

No, he wants to know where to get the item in Dublin, so it should be here. Besides, if you have an issue with moderation, report the post, don't post about it on thread.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    No, he wants to know where to get the item in Dublin, so it should be here. Besides, if you have an issue with moderation, report the post, don't post about it on thread.

ahhh...get back in your box - I only asked a question!!!.... seems to be more moderaters than posters on boards.ie now - never heard such tripe in all my life !!! Surely a question about food should be in a food section, not in a section about a geographic location ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kingaaa wrote: »
    ahhh...get back in your box - I only asked a question!!!.... seems to be more moderaters than posters on boards.ie now - never heard such tripe in all my life !!! Surely a question about food should be in a food section, not in a section about a geographic location ??

And you got your answer and a reminder that if you had anything else to say about it to PM somebody instead of whinging about it on thread. If the OP was looking for something to cook with white anchovy fillets then it would be in one of the food forums, but he asked WHERE to get them in DUBLIN, hence it's in the Dublin forum. Not everyone who posts on the food forums would know specific shops in Dublin that would have them so he'd have a better chance of a reply here. Have yourself a read of the charter before you post again please.

January wrote: »
    And you got your answer and a reminder that if you had anything else to say about it to PM somebody instead of whinging about it on thread. If the OP was looking for something to cook with white anchovy fillets then it would be in one of the food forums, but he asked WHERE to get them in DUBLIN, hence it's in the Dublin forum. Not everyone who posts on the food forums would know specific shops in Dublin that would have them so he'd have a better chance of a reply here. Have yourself a read of the charter before you post again please.

Dont like your tone pal....nobody here is whinging...grow a pair and step out from behind the keyboard.....muppet !!

And by the way, if you bothered to read the post you would see I AM the original poster.....don't be so eager to flex your cyber-muscles....it's only a forum !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

kingaaa - banned for a week.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement