Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored Work in NY?

Options
  • 23-06-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    If I was to get someone to say they would hire me for work in the USA, am I legally allowed work there?
    Is there any kind of Visa that allows this?
    I was thinking of going out for 2 months on a Holiday Visa, but then I wouldn't be alllowed work. So If i was able to secure an employer to say they were hiring me, would I be allowed to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

simply....no, not unless you are extremely qualified at what you do, and there is a shortage of people able to do it in America

The company have to sponsor and pay for the visa, with legal fees etc, this can be up to $10,000. There are also a limited range of visa options for you.

1. H1B - applications close in April
    2. L1 - have to work for a company for 1 year before you can apply for it
    3. J1 - have left college with in 12 months

Most of us here (and on boards) are either here with specialized visas or because they were sponsored by their spouse.

Advertisement