Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Lounge Ban

Options
  • 23-06-2014 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

I received ban from after hours for this I have not broken any of the rules as laid out, I feel this person has a griever aLucyfur

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Ladies' Lounge Private, The Ladies' Lounge
    You have been banned
    Dear singledad80,

You have been permanently banned from The Ladies' Lounge for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Lucyfur

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by singledad80 View Post
    Hi , its been really hard for both of us, You spoken to me and expect me to trust you after all the hurt you caused you want to go to mediation and forget every thing you have done to me over the last few months, you have hurt us as a family and I find it hard to forget I try so hard to let you move on with your life while you have taken every chance to hurt me, I will trust you only because its right for the kids, yet again I will do it your way as I have done ll the time please please do it right this time.
    gainst me and has not be fare at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nothing to do with After Hours, so I'm renaming thread.

First step is to contact the mod to try and work it out between you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

Lucyfur

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Ladies' Lounge Private, The Ladies' Lounge
    Re: Are you for real
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by singledad80
    Hi my wife is not on boards so please explain how I am communicating with her, the boards is call thing you want to say to you ex I don't talk to mine so what is your problem ?
    Hi,

I have already given my reasons for your ban. As I said, please feel free to take it to Dispute Resolution, where a cmod or admin can overrule my decision if they see it as unjust or unfair.

All the best,

Lucy.
    Lucyfur is offline this is what i got back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi singledad80

I am looking into this for you. This might take some time so please bear with me.

Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi singledad80

Few things here. Firstly the ban.
    Was a ban warranted and is the length appropriate?
    > Is the ban warranted?
    Looking at the previous moderator instruction to you in TLL I can see repeated calls for you to not use TLL as a sounding board for posts directed to your ex. In under a month you received a formal infraction and a 2 week warning for continuing to use Boards in this manner. Normally having issued a ban to a poster they sit back and take stock of their actions and in the majority of cases cease the activity that is prompting mods to action them. In your case though your very first post in TLL after the ban is lifted is more of the same.
    Clearly either you are not willing to listen to the mods who are trying to ensure a fair playing field for all posters or you are not aware of how far down the rabbit hole you have gone.
    So yes, another ban is warranted in this case.

> Next is the length appropriate?
    My first thought was no it wasn't, a jump from a 2 week to a permanent rarely happens and more often than not are overturned in appeal. However, a ban of this nature is what forced me to do a little more digging in your history in TLL as singledad80. I am going to try to be as clear as I can without hopefully upsetting you too much, but at this point looking at your posts I really think you need more help than Boards can give you. It's clear you are not coping with your breakup and the nature of your posts in TLL has me concerned that posting here is doing you more harm than good. Please go and talk to your GP and ask for a referral, breakups are akin to bereavements and many of us need help in learning how to deal with the flood of emotions that keep hitting us as we work through it.

With these two items in mind, I am upholding the ban from TLL.
    I am also making a note though in the SOC category that should you post in this vein anywhere else the ban will be extended to all of SOC. My gut tells me to implement this ban immediately but I want to give you a chance and I don't want to cut off access to all the other forums you use without at least letting you know what is at risk here. Please take this warning to heart, I am contacting the various mod teams shortly and will be alerted if they see more of the same behaviour. For TLL though, who knows, maybe in a year or two once you have built up some history in the other forums you can request the TLL mods to review your ban but at this time I think they have acted in your best interest whether you see it or not.

If you still wish to argue against the ban in TLL you can request an Admin review, but I will not be overturning the ban at this moment in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

You are been very un fare I have posted my feels as a page that's say thing you like to say to you ex and other persons I have posted thing I wanted to say because I do not get angry or up set with people I just let it out on the page all my details are not correct on my page as for needing help I don't need help go to GP you need to give that advice to other people I don't need it, I have been banned because some said I am contacting my wife she is not even on boards and I don't tell any one about me so how am I contacting her I feel that some complained to other people without even asking my side of the story if some one says my wife is on it with out any prove ? just because some one does not like what I wrote sorry you can have feelings without emotion, I am leaving boards I feel your very unjust in what you have done this is where you go for advice and let of a bit of steam instead its a dictatorship in future may you should close that treat if you can say stuff you want to say.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement