Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance for Beacon Hosp

Options
  • 23-06-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a health insurance plan that would fully cover side room procedures at beacon hosp?
    Most only seem to cover 80%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Most VHI plans and some plans from other insurers will cover this. What plan do you currently have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

LostArt wrote: »
    Most VHI plans and some plans from other insurers will cover this. What plan do you currently have?

Hi

One Plan extra .. only covers 80% of treatment at beacon hosp

One Plan Extra covers 80% for certain orthopaedic and ophthalmic procedures in the Beacon, 90% certain cardiac, anything else is fully covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

One Plan Extra covers 80% for certain orthopaedic and ophthalmic procedures in the Beacon, 90% certain cardiac, anything else is fully covered

Be careful if you do upgrade your plan, as some companies put a waiting time on the upgraded parts.

Yeah its the ophthalmic I'm after unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

Laya / Aviva will give you the full opthalmic cover, but you'll have to serve upgrade waiting periods

Laya / Aviva will give you the full opthalmic cover, but you'll have to serve upgrade waiting periods

Been looking there...any ideas what plans exactly?

Laya's Connect Care definitely covers the Beacon, think it's about €1,400

Does it have to be the beacon? I'm pretty sure Blackrock waive their excess fees for health insurance patients.

Thanks for that .. yeah Laya looks good.

Only problem now is that if I switch and need treatment in next 5 years, and having cancelled my 80% paying VHI policy, I'll have to fund it ALL ..
    maybe I'll need two policies to run concurrently... Hmmmm...

• Advertisement

Zipppy wrote: »
    Thanks for that .. yeah Laya looks good.

Only problem now is that if I switch and need treatment in next 5 years, and having cancelled my 80% paying VHI policy, I'll have to fund it ALL ..
    maybe I'll need two policies to run concurrently... Hmmmm...

no you won't. You serve an upgrade waiting period to use the higher benefit only. In the meantime while serving the waiting period you have 80% on the Laya plan

no you won't. You serve an upgrade waiting period to use the higher benefit only. In the meantime while serving the waiting period you have 80% on the Laya plan

Ah good news...thanks for that....

Will ring Laya tomorrow so :)

Advertisement