Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil Vs Cameroon - 9:00pm RTE2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Fred is playing more like Wilma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Why aren't Brazil wearing their blue shorts? Like, at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Yes i saw the goal, a lot of keepers will anticipate shots before they happen, its part of the game. Houghton made it out to be the howler of the century.

He didn't make it out to be that bad. He rightly criticised the keeper letting a fairly standard shot go in straight down the middle because he dived a good second or two too early.
    I wouldn't have Suarez, I wouldn't have Robert, I wouldn't have Robben, I wouldn't have Bale, I wouldn't have Ibrahimovic, I wouldn't have anyone ahead of Neymar other than possibly Messi and Ronaldo.

Barca tinted specs methinks. Suarez has undoubtedly been better, with just a little bit less of a fuss made over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

One would be forgiven for thinking Andersonisgod struggles to post objectively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wouldn't have Suarez, I wouldn't have Robert, I wouldn't have Robben, I wouldn't have Bale, I wouldn't have Ibrahimovic, I wouldn't have anyone ahead of Neymar other than possibly Messi and Ronaldo.

Robert of the house Baratheon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

2 great goals but suarez for me is easily ahead of neymar this year. No doubt about it though neymar will be a huge star, only 22. some player

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

And Hulk is playing like Bill Bixby.(Some of you may have to google that one)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lols Hulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Ha! Hulk smash!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Noooooooooo, that deserved a goal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That was more Banner.

Hulk fucks up what would have been one of the greatest World Cup goals of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Ah that would've been super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Bacchus wrote: »
    Why's that? Camaroon are still in this.

You can't lose by less than one, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Feck sake hulk! Would have been a great team goal.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Laurent Robert people, gosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Why are Hulk and Fred still playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Hulks needs to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

mosstin wrote: »
    On the face of it it looks impressive. How many in friendlies though, of which Brazil play a multitude?

A lot of meaninless friendlies.

But to be so young with them stats is amazing.

No matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lord Jesus and Christ almighty, how if fecks name is that Hulk muppet in a Brazilian shirt? It was harder to miss that than it was to score.

ankaragucu wrote: »
    And Hulk is playing like Bill Bixby.(Some of you may have to google that one)

I tried googling him there, but all I get is pictures of an overgrown green, angry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Timmyctc wrote: »
    He didn't make it out to be that bad. He rightly criticised the keeper letting a fairly standard shot go in straight down the middle because he dived a good second or two too early.

Barca tinted specs methinks. Suarez has undoubtedly been better, with just a little bit less of a fuss made over him.

Yes he did, hes Ray Houghton. Every goal ,corner, throw in is caused by a monumental error of epic proportions that the player "shouldve done a different way" The king of hindsight - I like him though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

This Brazil team will get murdered at some point in this competition. I wouldnt put it past Chile to give them a hiding.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Yes he did, hes Ray Houghton. Every goal ,corner, throw in is caused by a monumental error of epic proportions that the player "shouldve done a different way" The king of hindsight - I like him though

I know what Houghton is like. But like, he didn't say it was the howler of century nor was that implication made you silly silly moo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

You can't lose by less than one, mate.

Are you sure about that. Gimme a minute, I'll go edit check the soccer Wiki page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Trust Hulk to fcuk that up, great move

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He has the carefree attitude of a kid in a playground but upon this young man's shoulders rests the greatest burden imaginable in football and he is stepping up to the plate and then some. Those skills at the end of the half are typical of Neymar, another Brazilian genius to rival Pele, Socrates, Garrincha, Rivaldo, Ronaldo or Ronaldinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Fred must be the worst striker to ever play for Brazil, why is he in the team he contributes nothing. Brazil are such a one man team i doubt they will win the world cup in fact they won't get past the QF imo Neymar has been fantastic but Brazil have no Midfield no Striker dodgy defense Germany, Argentina, Holland, Colombia would all kill them, i fancy Chile to beat them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Has Dunphy been at the sherry ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

There's nothing incredible about brazil's Hulk, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

Robert of the house Baratheon?

Autocorrect says Robert, I say Arjen Robben.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

He has the carefree attitude of a kid in a playground but upon this young man's shoulders rests the greatest burden imaginable in football and he is stepping up to the plate and then some. Those skills at the end of the half are typical of Neymar, another Brazilian genius to rival Pele, Socrates, Garrincha, Rivaldo, Ronaldo or Ronaldinho.

No Kaka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lapin wrote: »

Is he ever off it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

He is no where near what you think he is and he will never even get close to getting there. I like him but he's a better version of Robinho. He wouldnt have made the 2002 team.

Can I ask a genuine question. Do you only write like this in the SF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Honestly you should be a poet or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Is my sarcasm detector broken? I can't see how Neymar is half the player of any of those you mentioned ... :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Judging by some previous posts above I'd say he's not the only one!

Can I ask a genuine question. Do you only write like this in the SF?

I don't post very often in other forums and those that I do post in wouldn't invoke the same amount of passion as football, other than the odd post on television or films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ronny Whelan. Please stop dying your hair. You look ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hulk is an abysmal footballer. To think that a club paid €60 million for him is mind boggling. Fred is also dire.

I don't get the panels criticism of Luiz Gustavo though. He is a very accomplished defensive midfielder. He would be ideal beside a more creative CM who can dictate the pace of a match.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has anyone scored a free kick in this tournament or even come close?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I know what Houghton is like. But like, he didn't say it was the howler of century nor was that implication made you silly silly moo.

he implied in an incredulous tone that he jumped out of the way of the ball as if it was fire, that was the implication you silly silly goose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Why feed?

I hope Croatia get through aswell, really bad injustice against Brazil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

Peist2007 wrote: »
    He is no where near what you think he is and he will never even get close to getting there. I like him but he's a better version of Robinho. He wouldnt have made the 2002 team.

No shame in not making the 2002 team, in my opinion that was the best football team ever, Ronaldo/rivaldo/ronaldinho/kaka all at their peak, they were unreal and blew every team away with ease that World Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Look at the general makeup of your average Brazilian crowd during a league game with the majority being black/mulato, fairly sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

nuxxx wrote: »
    Why feed? I hope Croatia get through aswell, really bad injustice against Brazil

I was seriously worried about the game tonight.. I was sure they were gonna call offside on the goal, but the officials tonight see to be brave enough for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Brazil would be so much better if the manager wasn't so bloody stubborn, and loyal to certain players. Look at the players he left out of the squad - Coutinho, Lucas Moura, Felip Luis, and Miranda while Willian can't get in the team ahead of Hulk. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

€15 off :eek:

How much was the pie to begin with ?

Think you have to spend €30 online with Dominos. When deal started it was €15 off but i think now it could €20! It dosnt work with meal deals though tried that the other day so you have to order items separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No shame in not making the 2002 team, in my opinion that was the best football team ever, Ronaldo/rivaldo/ronaldinho/kaka all at their peak, they were unreal and blew every team away with ease that World Cup

The '82 Brazil team never won the World Cup but would have eaten that team for breakfast.

Advertisement