Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil Vs Cameroon - 9:00pm RTE2

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are all the haters now, eh?!!

:pac:

th?&id=HN.607991662200622875&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Based on the way this Brazil team concede possession so easily in the middle of the pitch, i will be betting on Chile to knock them out. Brazil are set up for Chile's style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Dear God Hulk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

kryogen wrote: »
    Fred, the man child genius with the magnificent moustache who takes all of the punches thrown at him and keeps working toward his goal of, well, scoring a goal. Sublime, surreal, serene. It is like the angels in heaven came down and kissed the ball as it left his foot, whispering sweet nothings to it as it made its way gloriously toward its date with destiny.

kyro, are you on the mushrooms again? And I'm sure you know who you are reminding us of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Even Scolari looked surprised.

Relieved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Hulk really is just extraordinarily awful. On this firm he wouldn't get into more than a small handful of teams in the whole WC, as frankly insane as that sounds. Kevin Kilbane showed more skill that he has done so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

[QUOTE=thisonetaken;90968925]No shame in not making the 2002 team, in my opinion that was the best football team ever, Ronaldo/rivaldo/ronaldinho/kaka all at their peak, they were unreal and blew every team away with ease that World Cup[/QUOTE]

Kaka made one appreance if i remember right, He came on for about 20mins in one group match and that was it.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

Biddy_61 wrote: »
    Fred looked offside. Why Ray saying very very tight?

A mile offside dunno what Rays smoking.Maybe he just likes saying tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

baldbear wrote: »

The line was with the last defender but it should have been on the ball, he's obviously behind the defender but he might have been level with the ball when it was played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Based on the way this Brazil team concede possession so easily in the middle of the pitch, i will be betting on Chile to knock them out. Brazil are set up for Chile's style

At least Chile will have more or less their full squad available this time round, In 2010 they had 4 or 5 first team players suspended or injured.

On form Chile should be them, but history is hugely on Brazil's side.
    Chile have only won 1 of their last 19 against Brazil.

baldbear wrote: »
    He actually managed to be offside twice, it was really rather impressive.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lmao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Neymar is a bit too precious, isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Did Big Sam give Big Phil a loan of his playbook before the WC? So many long balls

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are all the haters now, eh?!!

:pac:

Brasil is rocking Mr p have the barman in an Ireland jersey

• Advertisement

At least Chile will have more or less their full squad available this time round, In 2010 they had 4 or 5 first team players suspended or injured.

On form Chile should be them, but history is hugely on Brazil's side.
    Chile have only won 1 of their last 19 against Brazil.

I think they missed Vidal today. Tactically the Dutch are also on another planet compared to this Brazilian team. They're all over the place.

Lovely piece of skill there from Neymar, but the supporting cast couldn't quite match it.

Billy86 wrote: »
    He actually managed to be offside twice, it was really rather impressive.
    And now he managed to give the ball away twice.

"Pass to their defender didn't work. I need to think of something. How a out another pass to that same defender? They'll never see that one coming! "

Hulk off for the silkier skills of... Ramirez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hulk being applauded off or people applauding because he is coming off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

His rainbow flick didn't work but the next time he gets the ball he dinks it over the head of an oncoming defender. The confidence and sheer audacity of the Barca man should be admired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Turtyturd wrote: »

Rumour has it he'll replace Suarez at Liverpool :pac:

Arsenal will beat us to him by offering an extra £1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

No thats fred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

If Hulk's name was Jim he'd be a bus driver or something more suited to his skills

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I think they missed Vidal today. Tactically the Dutch are also on another planet compared to this Brazilian team. They're all over the place.

Yeah Vidal is a huge player for any team. He sets the tempo of the pressing in the midfield and he's a goal threat.

The game today was strange though, they were comfortable when they were playing 3 at the back but they changed to 4 at the back to chase a goal for the last 30 mins.

They got very little from the referee as well. The Dutch had nearly twice as many fouls and Chile could have had at least one penalty before the 1st goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Brazil are just weak everywhere. Can't wait to see them play a decent side.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oscar has been very underwhelming once again.

Not the first time I've seen Oscar balls up a move.

Ref is a joke. Two bad fouls not called after one or two reds not given earlier. Just because a team is losing doesn't mean they should get away with hacking the opposition, hate that mentality.

Neymar off to avoid a suspension/injury for the knockout stages.

Willian on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Turtyturd wrote: »

They wouldn't like it when he's angry in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I ended up with Cameroon in the draw at work - lucky me!

They scored a massive goal against Brazil and I'm just delira for them.

10yoyo's, but that's the luck of the draw.

Surely Cameroon can score once more before this World Cup ends :)

Feeling Optimistic,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Goal for Mehico!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think Chile could very well beat this Brazil team. Their defence is so weak and Chile have a lot of flair up front.

Yeah Vidal is a huge player for any team. He sets the tempo of the pressing in the midfield and he's a goal threat.

The game today was strange though, they were comfortable when they were playing 3 at the back but they changed to 4 at the back to chase a goal for the last 30 mins.

They got very little from the referee as well. The Dutch had nearly twice as many fouls and Chile could have had at least one penalty before the 1st goal.

I don't gamble too often and this World Cup looks to be a nightmare betting-wise. But i will bet on Chile to knock Brazil out. And a sizeable bet (for me) too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I have a feeling Dani Alves will make a miraculous recovery.

If it stays like this, Mexico will be joint top on 7 points with 2 goals scored and none conceded.

Edit: Mexico 2 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I think Chile could very well beat this Brazil team. Their defence is so weak and Chile have a lot of flair up front.

Mexico have sprung to life. Only 1 goal between Brazil and them now. With 15 minutes to play, there could be a real fight for top spot... who gets it if they end level on GD?

Bacchus wrote: »
    Mexico have sprung to life. Only 1 goal between Brazil and them now. With 15 minutes to play, there could be a real fight for top spot... who gets it if they end level on GD?

Goals for i'd imagine as the head to head was 0-0. Brazil would stay top

• Advertisement

Whichever team has more goals scored.

If it's looking like Mexico will top the group Referinho will be brought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Brasil is rocking Mr p have the barman in an Ireland jersey

Haha brilliant, I'd say you're having some time over there! Only a matter of time before one of the big boys snap him up. Next season will be the year of Fred :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Biddy_61

He went down like a bag of spuds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't know how it works if they're level on goal difference. Goals scored would probably come into it? Mexico might be looking to avoid the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Mexico again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Mexico 3-0 up now. Sh*t just got interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Now level on GD

3 - 0 now in the other game and Mexico are top of the group on GD.

So its GF before GA? Now that Croatia are out I hope they just let Mexico score another :pac:

Well thats Brazil top

• Advertisement
Advertisement