Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil Vs Cameroon - 9:00pm RTE2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    3 - 0 now in the other game and Mexico are top of the group on GD.

... Not for long. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Mmmm, interesting.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lovely goal!

Fernandinho, 4-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Ah well, interest fading again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Boom Fernandinho Goal. 4-1 Brazil.

And hopefully thats the last we see of Paulinho starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Billy86 wrote: »
    3 - 0 now in the other game and Mexico are top of the group on GD.

Are they? Mexico have scored 4, let in none.

Brazil have scored 6, let in 2.

Brazil still ahead.

Edit: Nevermind =P

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Feel bad for Cameroon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Kat97 wrote: »
    Feel bad for Cameroon..

I don't, they don't look like they want to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Hahaha, the celebration :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Mmmm, never mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Very, very nice there by Brazil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Feel bad for Cameroon..

I wouldnt. They were only worried about money coming into this tournament. I'm glad they've been dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Feel bad for Cameroon..

I don't, they don't look like they want to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A completely different team with fernandinho playing.

The order for seperating teams on equal points is:

Goal Difference
    Goals Scored
    H2H Record between concerned teams

Home crowd in fine voice now, commentary team will probably need hearing aids.

Croatia pulled one backed anyway so it's done and dusted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

The order for seperating teams on equal points is:

Goal Difference
    Goals Scored
    H2H Record between concerned teams

Would be fairer if it was H2H first. You could finish behind somebody you were level on points with even though you beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Home crowd in fine voice now, commentary team will probably need hearing aids.

And a "seeing aid" for Peter Collins.

• Advertisement

R00ster wrote: »
    Would be fairer if it was H2H first. You could finish behind somebody you were level on points with even though you beat them.

Yeah it would definitely be fairer. I don't know why its that way around.

The Champions League uses H2H first but I think that's because each team plays Home and Away against one another.

R00ster wrote: »

What if it's a 3-way head to head. Team in first on 9 points, other 3 teams on 3, having scored and conceded an equal amount of goals :pac:

I prefer GD ahead of H2H. It makes for scenarios like this evening where Mexico could have sneaked 1st spot. Granted in this case, since the H2H was a draw it would have gone to GD anyway but you get what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Good win for Brazil. Chile game should be a cracker.

A completely different team with fernandinho playing.

He must start their next game.

Bacchus wrote: »
    What if it's a 3-way head to head. Team in first on 9 points, other 3 teams on 3, having scored and conceded an equal amount of goals :pac:

I prefer GD ahead of H2H. It makes for scenarios like this evening where Mexico could have sneaked 1st spot. Granted in this case, since the H2H was a draw it would have gone to GD anyway but you get what I mean.

I think if its a three-way head to head it goes on:

Points gained in the 3 games involving the teams:
    Goal Difference in the games involving the teams:
    Goals Scored in the 3 games involving the teams.

It hasn't even got controversial yet. :pac:
    USA-Germany could end up being a biscotto where both teams will play for a Draw to screw over Ghana and Portugal.

Easy win in the end. Cameroon gave Brazil a bit of a scare but once it went 2-1 Brazil were coasting. The scoreline will flatter them going into the next round but Cameroon were very poor. Chile will be a tough game for Brazil. Neymar is hitting some nice form though and it is players like him that can make the difference in tough games. Last-16 games looking great so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone giving out about The Netherlands being called Holland has little for doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Lapin wrote: »
    Anyone giving out about The Netherlands being called Holland has little for doing.

Even worse if it was a non Dutch person complaining:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I don't gamble too often and this World Cup looks to be a nightmare betting-wise. But i will bet on Chile to knock Brazil out. And a sizeable bet (for me) too.

Its an ok world cup betting wise imo, particularly goal lines, here is how my night went since I have been given the chance to shamelessly brag

gBve2Nz.png

Z2xqXox.png

Sb32kas.png

Enjoyed that match immensely! :)

Double esspresso for Dunphy please.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does it still go to a coin-toss if all else is equal like in Ireland's group in 1990?

• Advertisement

Double esspresso for Dunphy please.

Hair of the dog even.

Does it still go to a coin-toss if all else is equal like in Ireland's group in 1990?

Yeah. It could happen in Group F.
    If Nigeria lose 1-0 to Argentina and Iran win 1-0 against Bosnia it will come down to a coin toss. It's ridiculous. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah. It could happen in Group F.
    If Nigeria lose 1-0 to Argentina and Iran win 1-0 against Bosnia it will come down to a coin toss. It's ridiculous. :pac:

That's pretty much the trajectory that group is following, too

Or maybe just need to go and get the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Ronnie is looking more and more like Darragh every day. He's gone a shade darker this week.

I think it goes down to the number of cards issued in all games before it comes down to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Will RTE be showing Italy/ Uraguay game tomorrow? Im thinking they're prob showing English game which I've no interest in watching now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Bring on Pele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If by some miracle Neymar leads Brazil to win the World Cup, would it put him in the same bracket as Maradona, Pele etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Who in their right mind would complain about that.

Particularly because during the match earlier, the Dutch fans were audibly chanting "Holland, Holland" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

I remember at Euro 2008,Turkey and the Czech Republic were playing each other in the last group game. If the game had finished in a draw they would have had a shootout after 90 mins. Turkey scored an injury time winner.

If by some miracle Neymar leads Brazil to win the World Cup, would it put him in the same bracket as Maradona, Pele etc?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Eamon really doesn't like Brazil.
    They're not that bad.

I'm surprised Dunph can remember what Ronnie said at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

With selecting such a negative side containing two defensive midfielders Brasil have been shocking defensively in this World Cup. Thiago Silva isn't playing well at all either which is surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dunphy trying to talk down Neymar for "messing" (?) in the second half, insinuating he cannot do it against good teams or when it matters. They were right about the rest of the team being awful, but that is just pathetic.

He has a 50+ cap, 30+ goal sample size to choose from. Eaton should just admit he hasn't researched him adequately and has only seen him at Barca where for a number of reasons he hasn't been great or fit in right this season.

They're not that bad.

I think anyone in Eamonn's age bracket would find this Brazilian team very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Dunphy and co very quick to write off Neymar as a great ala PELE, Messi etc, Neymar is still a kid and has dragged Brazil through group stage. give the kid a chance fffs! typical Dunphy crap, after ENG ITA game the Italians were streetwise and full of guile, after Costa Rica game, Italy were mugs according to the Dunphster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

They're not that bad.

I have a very distinct memory of the opening day of the 2002 world cup, must have been japan versus somebody....

.....after the match the panel was discussing likely winners and Bill asks Eamon, and Eamon says Brazil have no chance of winning....

At that point, Liam Brady turns around to Eamon and asks him directly

"so you think that Brazil....four time winners of the competition.... finalists in the last world cup and champions the world cup before that....have no chance of winning".

Eamon replied 'no' but you could sense even he knew how stupid he sounded.

Ever since then, I've viewed him purely as entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Dunphy and co very quick to write off Neymar as a great ala PELE, Messi etc, Neymar is still a kid and has dragged Brazil through group stage. give the kid a chance fffs! typical Dunphy crap, after ENG ITA game the Italians were streetwise and full of guile, after Costa Rica game, Italy were mugs according to the Dunphster.

Ah it's expected with Dunphy. My favourite one was just before Man Utd beat Roma 7-1 at Old Trafford in the Champions League.

Before the game Roma were a 'real' team who would take Utd apart. After the game, Serie A was a league in decline with no good teams in it.

Advertisement