Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe flash player trouble

Options
  • 23-06-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I downloaded student autocad and the tutorials videos need flash player, my laptop is new and has the latest flash player on it.
    when I try and play a video im told I need to update flash player and when I try to update it and then an error comes up (flash player not responding) and says close window and try again, problem is window wont close and I have to turn off computer and start all over again.
    should I uninstall autocad and try again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Did you try to uninstall the flashplayer? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html Then reinstall it from scratch.

When the window wont close just right click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and start task manager. Look for the flashplayer process right click it and end process. No need to restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

YA tried uninstall and reinstalling it. no luck. adobe keeps telling me go to manage add on but there is noting adobe there.

Its like autocad uninstalled it but left some problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Did you try to reinstall AutoCAD?

When you load up the tutorials, does it open up in a browser? If so, which one are you using?

Did you try to reinstall AutoCAD?

No I didn't

When you load up the tutorials, does it open up in a browser? If so, which one are you using?

When I open auto cad and try and play the video a second browser opens saying I need to update Adobe flash player to play video. When I press the link I'm sent on a Adobe page with the download on it. I click down load and it goes through the usual stuff like "Adobe want access to your computer". A download window comes up with the percentage of whats downloaded on but never get going, it's says there has been a error close window and try again.
    When I clicking the X to close window the cursor changed to a egg timer and never closes.
    I trying to open very first tutorial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

In your Program Files, browse to where AutoCAD is installed. There may be a few videos in that folder. Check for files ending in .swf, or .flv.

If it's trying to open up the tutorial in a separate window / browser. Try installing Chrome or Firefox and set that as your default and try again. Chrome may work as it has a separate Flash plugin (built in to the browser).

• Advertisement

In your Program Files, browse to where AutoCAD is installed. There may be a few videos in that folder. Check for files ending in .swf, or .flv.

If it's trying to open up the tutorial in a separate window / browser. Try installing Chrome or Firefox and set that as your default and try again. Chrome may work as it has a separate Flash plugin (built in to the browser).

Ya tried that no luck. adobe page is telling me that I have flash player but its disabled.
    I follow the instructions of how to turn it on in manage add on, but everything in there is enabled.

feeling lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Do a scan with adwcleaner or malwarebytes , actually, do a scan with each of them to eliminate any potential malware - virus issues...

Advertisement