Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ribbon on cream cake

Options
  • 23-06-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys. This is quite a simple question but I haven't had to do it on a cake before as I'm not long baking. I've been asked to do a fresh cream sponge for a christening and the person wants a satin ribbon around the sides. How do I stick ribbon to a fresh cream cake? Will it just stick automatically to the sides of the cake? How do I stick the 2 ends of the ribbon together? Thanks a million ðŸ˜႒

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Won't really work, the ribbon will become wet from the cream assuming the sides of the cake are covered with cream, would be a bit of a mess really.

Satin ribbon would be more usual on a sugarpasted cake, you could try the florist's ribbon, that would possibly deal with the moisture better but to be honest I would use a different finish on the sides of a fresh cream cake.

Double sided tape would stick the ends together if you decide to try and use the ribbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lomadesigns

This i'm sure wont work. is it possible to leave the inch at bottom and sugarpaste this area and then use ribbon??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Or put a strip of acetate behind the ribbon.

Advertisement