Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stock

• 23-06-2014 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anyone know anyplace where u can buy good quality chicken and beef stock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

dragonfly7 wrote: »
    Anyone know anyplace where u can buy good quality chicken and beef stock.

Where are you ?? Annies roasts (in Mahon ,Midleton , and Douglas markets in cork often sell fresh chicken stock

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dragonfly7

im in dublin and hate stock cubes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

dragonfly7 wrote: »
    im in dublin and hate stock cubes

There is a company in Dublin called Pure Brazen the make 100% natural stock, was going to send you there link but their website is gone.The were on Dragons Den a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

thread recommending tesco finest stock here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88482514

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I was very sceptical when they first came out but I have been converted.
    Knor stock pots.
    Yes they are a bit salty but I've made some soups with them that you would never know had stock cube type things in them.

Don't knock them until you try them.

I still make and freeze my own stock but I regularly use the chicken pots too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I get lots of chicken wings & BBQ ribs from the chinese takeaways. I store all the bones up in a bag in the freezer. I only eat it myself though any nasties from eating off the bone would be killed off during cooking time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

rubadub wrote: »
    I get lots of chicken wings & BBQ ribs from the chinese takeaways. I store all the bones up in a bag in the freezer. I only eat it myself though any nasties from eating off the bone would be killed off during cooking time.

YUp, I always have a big bag of bones in the freezer too.

Advertisement