Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing internship and Btea

Options
  • 23-06-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi I'm a mature student on BTEA heading into 4th year of a general nursing degree in September.I will start a 36 week internship in January which will pay on average around €7 per hour and this is part of the four year degree.Will I still be entitled to the BTEA.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Taken from BTEA operational guidelines
    In circumstances where BTEA participants have to, as an integral or compulsory part of their course of study, undertake a period of work placement/experience or a thesis, the allowance will continue in payment for this period. The participant must supply written evidence from the Registrars' Office/Admissions Office or Student Records Office of the school/college/institution confirming this and the start and completion date
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Education-Allowance-Scheme.aspx#app2

However I wouldn't take it as a given that you would continue to receive the allowance if your work placement is paid. Check with BTEA office in Carrick on Shannon:
    Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

James3321 wrote: »
    Hi I'm a mature student on BTEA heading into 4th year of a general nursing degree in September.I will start a 36 week internship in January which will pay on average around €7 per hour and this is part of the four year degree.Will I still be entitled to the BTEA.Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just wondering did you get the BTEA while you got paid for internship?

Advertisement