Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen worktop opinion

• 23-06-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Thinking of fitting a new kitchen needs a bad overhaul previous owners have a pine/cream formica worktop with presses that are not designed for my height nothing is practical in the kitchen size/height wise nearly take your eye out opening the corner presses :( Anyway just wondering what do people like I am looking for a clean contemporary finish with easy maintenance. Worktops granite, wood or laminate I like the white presses and wood countertop effect but wood be harder to maintain than the other worktops.
    A light wood press is nice too but with black countertop. Wondering how easy to keep clean are those white glossy kitchens they look lovely with a wooden countertop and would add loads of light.
    Wood harder for me to pick I have the old pine which I hate and defo dont want a dark wood as I have a small kitchen but do like the modern look of walnut. Back in the boom time it was all about the maple shaker kitchens :)
    Anyone out there got a glossy white/cream kitchen or wooden counter top looking for tips. I'm looking for a colour/style that won't date to be honest as want this to be a worthwhile investment.
    Also if anyone knows a good reasonably priced fitter they could recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Try ikea's 3d planner to give you ideas.Even if you dont go with them it will help you get the look your after.

Re glossy doors they can be a pain to keep clean from finger-prints if you dont use the hadles all the time.
    Solid wooden countertops need to be oiled every 6-12 (depending on ware and tear)months to keep them watertight and stop stains.You could just go with a wood effect laminate top instead so there wouldn't be any maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

We did a contemporary cream/taupe gloss kitchen recently and opted for Silestone worktops. This is the colour we chose and we are very happy with it.
    http://www.silestone.co.uk/quartz-colours/colour/blanco-city/

Looks like this

capri%20limestone.jpg

Advertisement