Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broqdband costing a fortune

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Vodafone 100/20 €40 per month, love living in the town.

^
    I'm on UPC and I'm paying €40 for unlimited 120/12. Hate to have a cap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Vodafone 100/20 €40 per month, love living in the town.
    eoin1539 wrote: »
    ^
    I'm on UPC and I'm paying €40 for unlimited 120/12. Hate to have a cap :pac:

Unfortunately when living in the sticks like me options are limited! :( Am so far away from exchange they can't even guarantee me 1mb connection...

tommycahir wrote: »
    Unfortunately when living in the sticks like me options are limited! :( Am so far away from exchange they can't even guarantee me 1mb connection...

What ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tbh I'd prefer to suffer DL caps than live in the town.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Tbh I'd prefer to suffer DL caps than live in the town.

I like living in the town, I love my Internet too much :pac:

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything more about Aptus going unlimited?

Their website hasn't been updated, ever, and they're not on Facebook or Twitter which i find really strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

They are usually very responsive to emails, I have heard some rumours that they will be announcing a new product which will be unlimited but no idea when that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

tommycahir wrote: »
    They are usually very responsive to emails, I have heard some rumours that they will be announcing a new product which will be unlimited but no idea when that will happen.

I was speaking with them a few weeks ago. Unlimited will be available but only on their 5 Megabit download package. I currently have the 7 Megabit package and for some reason this is not going unlimited. I can however get a 200 Gigabyte monthly download cap for an extra €5 per month. So for €55 per month I can get 200 gig monthly download cap. Not bad but still not unlimited. They are lovely people to deal with but their pricing policies are all over the shop.

mosesgun wrote: »
    I was speaking with them a few weeks ago. Unlimited will be available but only on their 5 Megabit download package. I currently have the 7 Megabit package and for some reason this is not going unlimited. I can however get a 200 Gigabyte monthly download cap for an extra €5 per month. So for €55 per month I can get 200 gig monthly download cap. Not bad but still not unlimited. They are lovely people to deal with but their pricing policies are all over the shop.
    That makes zero sense. It's just typical from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything more about Aptus going unlimited?

Their website hasn't been updated, ever, and they're not on Facebook or Twitter which i find really strange.

I am loving this thread...

I'm moving to Castledermot in 6 weeks and I was seriously fretting about internet. Aptus seem to be a real answer.

I've emailed them and they have confirmed CD is within their coverage.

I know they still have data caps but they are double and triple what the mobile broadband provide.

It's a real alternative until eFibre makes it (if ever).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

I'm moving to Castledermot in 6 weeks and I was seriously fretting about internet. Aptus seem to be a real answer.

I know they still have data caps but they are double and triple what the mobile broadband provide.

Yep. To deal with they are really friendly and offer a decent service. It's their pricing policies as regards data caps etc that are the problem. Surely they are living on borrowed time as when a viable alternative arrives, their customers will be gone in a flash!!

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

There should eFibre in Castledermot by Sept, earlier if you believe the promises so don't go signing any 12 month deals with anyone yet.

There should eFibre in Castledermot by Sept, earlier if you believe the promises so don't go signing any 12 month deals with anyone yet.

I really want to believe this.

I see on the rollout map it says Castledermot is scheduled for July-Sept but I queried this on the Broadband forum and I was giggled at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Agree with previous posters re Aptus. Their installer climbed up a tree here to get a signal, and put up the dish!! I'm the only internet user in the house, and that's just for eejiting around really, so not bothered by caps etc. Massive improvement on the dongle yoke I had before.

I really want to believe this.

I see on the rollout map it says Castledermot is scheduled for July-Sept but I queried this on the Broadband forum and I was giggled at.

Go by this map, shows where the cabinets are to be located.
    http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Click on Fibre Servies Planned & balloon says:
    Estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is Summer/ Autumn 2015

A balloon would never lie now would it.

Go by this map, shows where the cabinets are to be located.
    http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Click on Fibre Servies Planned & balloon says:

A balloon would never lie now would it.

I think I will let my cynicism evaporate and just get mobile broadband instead of signing up for a year with aptus, see how things go over the summer.

I think I will let my cynicism evaporate and just get mobile broadband instead of signing up for a year with aptus, see how things go over the summer.

3G!!!!! in Castledermot . . . . oh dear, dial up would be faster

There's 2 masts depending who you're with, I reckon they are powered by a AAA battery.

3G!!!!! in Castledermot . . . . oh dear, dial up would be faster

There's 2 masts depending who you're with, I reckon they are powered by a AAA battery.

Oh lord it's bad huh?

Ok, we're buying the new house off family so I can speed test their current line speed.

:(

Advertisement