Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minor Hurling Championship 2014

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

amber69 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that's not true. Waterford won last year after been beaten twice. Waterford won the collages last year and then went on to win the all Ireland. Kilkenny had both teams in the final this year, might be the best teams won both years but were hampered in they're preparation earlier in the year.

Westmeath lost in the first round and didn't get a second game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Limerick were awful today. Thought they looked very nervous when lined up before the game, and what the hell were the management at bringing conor fitz on only to withdraw him again..

Very disappointed tbh, another limerick team with croke park baggage to contend with. Congrats to kk though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Limerick were awful today. Thought they looked very nervous when lined up before the game, and what the hell were the management at bringing conor fitz on only to withdraw him again..

Very disappointed tbh, another limerick team with croke park baggage to contend with. Congrats to kk though...

Yeah, we never got going, a shocking performance. No excuses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Congrats to KK minors today. Fully deserving of that victory with some great performances. KK FF was the winning line for me. Walsh man of the match; Blanchfield had his man in trouble from the start and should have been a bit more selfish; Murphy also great performance. Monster free in first half and great work for Walsh's second goal. Credit also KK backs who held some much vaunted forwards. Didn't see this coming while watching them getting hammered by Dublin. Incredible turnaround. Kudos to the management and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Congrats to KK today, a much deserved win. I think it speaks volumes of their character, after taking losing badly at home in their first round match, that character was their in spades again today when the game was in the melting pot. They have some super prospects, especially the three lads inside.

I was disappointed in the Limerick performance. The management are coming in for criticism and I think rightly so. Starting with the sweeper, although only briefly, was a disaster. It not only meant that the young lads had to play to a completely new system on their biggest day, but it just handed the initiative and confidence to Kilkenny. Even afterwards, Limerick were still unsettled with some of their best players like Ronan Lynch and Barry Nash being moved around the place. You've just gotta back yourself in an AI final. They'll definitely get some seniors out of that team and still have a great chance of winning in the U21 grade.

Overall I thought it was a good standard minor game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Limerick played too well in the semi final and were hyped up as favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Limerick played too well in the semi final and were hyped up as favourites.

You have hit the nail on the head. I have seen too many hyped up Kilkenny teams lose at this grade and suspected all week the same could befall Limerick and it did. Having said that it was an exceptionally talented Limerick team but with faults and Kilkenny knew how to get at those faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

You can't rely on lads playing minor in finals when in the vast majority of cases it will be their biggest day ever in Croke Park.

Even at senior level you often see lads have an off day or take time to settle in their first final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

All I can say is that I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke Scanlon around the senior fringes next year. Phenomenal hurler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

I don't go in for this hyped up thing being a factor. Limerick were and still are a very good team. That doesn't change because they were beaten yesterday. Didn't go their way - it happens. There were a few goal chances that should have been taken. Would have been a different story.

Some great players on that team who will be senior for Limerick very soon. Walsh for Kilkenny was unreal, made everything look so easy. Cian Lynch was standout for Limerick.

Well done to both teams for an excellent match.

Advertisement