Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling to Dublin for 3 months

Options
  • 24-06-2014 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone,
    I will be traveling to Dublin from NY in the US for school at the Dublin Institute of Technology. I was just curious at any information anyone could give to me on anything in general. I know that is a bit vague but i'm just curious as to what I should expect. Also I am currently looking for an apartment for September through December so any suggestions on that would also be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The best place to look for accommodation would be daft.ie. DIT actually has several campuses around the city so you will need to narrow it down if you want specific info about the area you will be living/attending college :)

You could also take a peek in the DIT forum here - you might meet some fellow students there before you even start class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

pardee8 wrote: »
    I was just curious at any information anyone could give to me on anything in general.

I'm very tempted to tell you we're having a heatwave which is expected to end tomorrow.

It doesn't rain as much here as people think it does.

Daft.ie is good for flats. Shared accommodation is good for getting to know people (if you get the right sharers).

Meetup.com is great, but you'll get to know people through college.

Dublin is well-placed. It's a capital city, on the sea and close to the hills of Wicklow.

That'll do for starters. More interesting facts later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pardee8

Sounds great, Thanks to the both of you!

Advertisement