Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help? Maybe pregnant?What are the Pregnancy signs for people with underactive thyroid

Options
  • 24-06-2014 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am just wondering whether i am just having a normal period or have I fallen pregnant? I have been on evra patch for at least two years now but in last 3months i have been disgnosed with having an underactive thyroid and am currently taking tablets for it. Anyway this month my period has been very light normally would be much heavier especially seem i did not take a gap last month to get my period so i was on my patch for 6 weeks without a break. Anyway i was wondering whether my light period is a sign of my underactive thyriod or could i be pregnant? Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

The only way of knowing definitively is to consult your GP and find out how your medication could effect menstruation and get them to do a pregnancy test while there. Collect some morning urine and bring it to your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

There's a thyroid misery thread over on the long term illness forum that's very helpful.

If you even suspect your pregnant you need to go to doctor. Thyroid medication normally has to be upped in the first trimester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We can't give medical advice, you need to go to your GP or take a pregnancy test.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement