Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone / sony docking station problem

• 24-06-2014 7:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Hi , hope you can help. I have a 4s . I have been using a sony docking station for the last year and all has been perfect. Recently however my phone won't work on it! Only change I've made was installing spotify. I know it's not the docking station as my gf phone works on it , and it is still charging my phone. It just won't play music. My phone plays fine thru headphones but the sound is also disappearing intermittently on videos or music when not connected to anything. When this happens , even when I press the volume buttons , the volume symbol and bars do not come up on the screen. I hope I'm explaining this ok, any help appreciated , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Check connections on the phone and even try the docking station. It will probably be the phone though, just see if you can see any dust or dirt blocking it. This can be a common problem when it won't recognise the phone. To me though it seems like a software problem. If it charges the phone and your gf's phone works then maybe something changed with a recent update.

Another thing that could help would be a restart. Hold the power and home button down until the iPhone turns off and then release both. This will restart the phone and can sometimes fix small issues like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

DubDJ wrote: »
    Check connections on the phone and even try the docking station. It will probably be the phone though, just see if you can see any dust or dirt blocking it. This can be a common problem when it won't recognise the phone. To me though it seems like a software problem. If it charges the phone and your gf's phone works then maybe something changed with a recent update.

Another thing that could help would be a reset. Hold the power and home button down until the iPhone turns off and then release both. This will reset the phone and can sometimes fix small issues like this.
    Cheers mate , will give it a go when I'm home later

No joy , if it's a software issue what's my best option? Is she fooked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Have you done a hard reset? Hold both power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears?

If that doesn't work try uninstalling Spotify just to see if that's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It would be very unusual for an App to cause problems like that, especially spotify as it's so high profile. You could try removing it, but other than that maybe try a factory reset of your iPhone and then restore all your stuff back to it. That could fix the issue too.

• Advertisement

I'll try uninstall it first , before I wipe it completely . I want my Nokia 3210 back !

Advertisement