Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contract break

Options
  • 24-06-2014 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I recently received a bill of over €200 for breaking my contract, im positive I was out of contract and called numerous times for an explanation. I was told they would check it out and listen to my phone calls to confirm. im still waiting, this morning I get a debt collection letter! crazy stuff! I left eircom once I knew my contract was over and switched provider.
    is this normal behaviour for eircom? reading other post on here and elsewhere I guess it is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tmp33bmw wrote: »
    I recently received a bill of over €200 for breaking my contract, im positive I was out of contract and called numerous times for an explanation. I was told they would check it out and listen to my phone calls to confirm. im still waiting, this morning I get a debt collection letter! crazy stuff! I left eircom once I knew my contract was over and switched provider.
    is this normal behaviour for eircom? reading other post on here and elsewhere I guess it is.
    Hi tmp33bmw

If an account is in contract an early cease fee is charged for the remainder of the contract if ceased before the completion of the contract period. To challenge this an official complaint must be made to customer service on free phone 1901 where your complaint will be investigated - the investigation can take up to 10 working days. For an update on official complaint a call must be made to customer service on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tmp33bmw

I did call 1901, still waiting! but it seems they forgot to get back to me and decided to go a different route. I think its might be time
    for com-reg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi there,

If you could PM me with the account details I can look into this and follow it up from here.

Thanks,

Tony

Advertisement