Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket

Options
  • 24-06-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all, was hoping for some info. Basically I'm moving to Laytown with the family shortly & I'm wondering where is the best place to do the weekly grocery shopping? The likes of Tesco, Aldi, Lidl etc. I am going to assume that these are located in Drogheda. It's been a while since I've been to Drogheda (10+ years) & the Mrs has never been there but sure that's part of the fun. Also, any good cycling shops etc?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

MattD1349 wrote: »
    Hi all, was hoping for some info. Basically I'm moving to Laytown with the family shortly & I'm wondering where is the best place to do the weekly grocery shopping? The likes of Tesco, Aldi, Lidl etc. I am going to assume that these are located in Drogheda. It's been a while since I've been to Drogheda (10+ years) & the Mrs has never been there but sure that's part of the fun. Also, any good cycling shops etc?

Many thanks.

Hi

There is a Tesco located in Bettystown which is good and I find is perfect for a typical weekly shop. There is also a larger Tesco Extra store based in Drogheda which has an even larger selection. There is a Dunnes Stores in Southgate but I find it small and another one located in Scotch Hall in Drogheda. Lidl and Aldi each have two stores (ie four in total) in Drogheda.

I believe there's a bike shop on the quays in Drogheda but others may be more knowledgeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Meath08 wrote: »
    Hi

There is a Tesco located in Bettystown which is good and I find is perfect for a typical weekly shop. There is also a larger Tesco Extra store based in Drogheda which has an even larger selection. There is a Dunnes Stores in Southgate but I find it small and another one located in Scotch Hall in Drogheda. Lidl and Aldi each have two stores (ie four in total) in Drogheda.

I believe there's a bike shop on the quays in Drogheda but others may be more knowledgeable.

Thanks for the info, that's perfect.

Advertisement