Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Cavan town

Options
  • 24-06-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Cavan town.

When I go to current dentist he is constantly giving me additional treatments, like do you want an xray, do you want a clean, while I am in the chair and I never know what the final cost is going to be. I want whatever treatments I need but I would like to be given a plan and costing at the checkup, prioritising the treatments between necessary and nice to have, no surprises.

Also, a family member had a really bad experience recently with my current guy so I want to change dentists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well you could learn to say no!

Church street has two on them. I found both to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

@unclebill98 my issue is that the bill has been know to be £100 above what I was expecting on the day. I need to budget, know what treatment I need as priority and plan the expenditure. Just saying no comment seems to be missing the point and a bit rude!

But thank you for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Relax......welcome to the internet. If you needed the extra stuff then they should really inform you of the price. If you did not need it then you really should have said no. If the bill is huge after your finished and its no where near what you budgeting for the visit then they should have come to an arrangement for payment.

I had the same thing years ago in a Chiropractors in Dublin. X-ray this, massage that..... Felt like it was part of the treatment plan but alas its a money making thing. Stop going, hay....I cured.

Joanne O'Reirdan (Spelt very badly) is the one I use the most. No pushy sales ****e, in--out do whats needed.

Don't want to have to determine what I need done myself, I am not a dentist. Don't want to have to negotiate a payment plan after I have had treatments that I don't know we're necessary on the day as opposed to sometime soon.

Just want to go to a dentist who will discuss a treatment plan and what are the priority treatments after they have given me a dental exam.

I will check out Joanne o Riordan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Colm Smith Cootehill. I used him and found him excellent. Very well run practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,547 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I've had some treatment done at Church Street Dental and found them fantastic.

http://www.cavandentist.com/

Thanks for the recommedations - I have made an appt with Church Street Dental.

Advertisement