Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy 17 : 00 Uruguay - there can be only one! (RTE2/ITV4)

Comments

The lads are in jolly mood much to the distain of many!!

Is Giles tipsy? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

They have a former FIFA referee on the German panel, FIFA will talk with the ref, if he didn't see it, then FIFA will deal with it. Surely a big ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Conclusive pic - it was a bite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »
    I would condone bringing back the death penalty for these kind of actions.

Here we go again, make light of this nothing incident...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Shades of Rijkjaard's spit on Voller here with RTE. They had great craic with that back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Eamo's no amateur psychologist to be sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Who was the third player Suarez has bitten? Today, ivanovic and.....?
    Otman Bakkal, back at Ajax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Sure what can they do but laugh. To do it for a third time is madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

They are laughing about the bite and yet two minutes ago they were on about cleaning up the game re. Tackles like Marchisio got sent off for.

Amateur stuff.

ah why is everyone such a prima donna these days. They were taking the piss for a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The lads are in jolly mood much to the distain of many!!

Is Giles tipsy? :pac:

No, just senile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ian Wright is dialling in the family of a British soldier as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

This is why I watch the rte panel, hilarious..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

titan18 wrote: »
    ITV are discussing it, despite not even showing the match. Fcuk RTE

ITV did show the game just not on ITV1

• Christ the outrage here is painful. Id sooner someone attempted to bite me than ran around trying to break my legs like Keane et al used to. If he gets a ban fair enough, if not then fair enough, Costa got away with a headbutt earlier in the tournament.
    Your defending him and comparing the incident to the above which is even more hilarious.

Fair enough if he gets a ban??? lol

A ban should be first thing he should receive there is no fair enough if he doesn't. Unbelievable.

The outrage is deserved he's a disgrace to do that to another player on the pitch yet again.

There's clearly a screw loose in his head.

Nobody is defending it. Id say most fans will agree if he is sentenced a long international ban should be the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Fuuuuuuck talk about drama! This WC has been incredible.

I like(d) Suarez a lot but he's finished. A remarkable player but there is no coming back from that. His international career is over and the only question is whether the punishment will carry over to the club.

Big predicament for Liverpool. Surely they can't persist with their talisman now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Someone should give him a Snickers. He turns into a right diva when he's hungry.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bq6hYC7IUAEJfQU.png:large

No, just senile

not funny tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

mike65 wrote: »
    What's the story with retrospective action?

Lads on RTE were saying Costa was not gotten for headbut so doubt Suarez will wither

• Advertisement

His international career is over

Don't be so daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No one was injured or hurt. Bigger things to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Banning him for 6/7 matches clearly doesn't work on him, up it to say 20 with 50 if he does it again, or whatever it takes for him to get it to stop.

Should be talking about Uruguay going through

Looks like many lawn mowers will fly into orbit if he gets off Scott free with this one (and he might!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

About the game if Italy had adopted Mexico's approach they may have got through, the best 2 teams qualified out of this group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nobody is defending it. Id say most fans will agree if he is sentenced a long international ban should be the outcome.

I'd say most fans will be happy to see him serve a suitable ban from all football.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    going to be a melee at the end of the game...all the italian subs are waiting to storm the pitch.

You were wrong, it's not the GAA

niallo27 wrote: »
    No one was injured or hurt. Bigger things to worry about.

As I said, making light of it again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Meedah

There's no proof he actually bit him. He could simply say he was sniffing Chielini as he admired his masculine scent.

I should be a lawyer.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Your defending him and comparing the incident to the above which is even more hilarious.

Fair enough if he gets a ban??? lol

A ban should be first thing he should receive there is no fair enough if he doesn't. Unbelievable.

The outrage is deserved he's a disgrace to do that to another player on the pitch yet again.

There's clearly a screw loose in his head.

All geniuses have a mad streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

What about a general ban from football for anything up to 5 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I like(d) Suarez a lot but he's finished. A remarkable player but there is no coming back from that. His international career is over and the only question is whether the punishment will carry over to the club.

Big predicament for Liverpool. Surely they can't persist with their talisman now?

The only predicament for Liverpool is accepting Real Madrids bid for Suarez.

Hes been well behaved this season in the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

I like(d) Suarez a lot but he's finished.

Not a chance he's finished... It'll be the exact same as last year. Take his bans, and be back again. And then the football fans will forget about it. Exactly like last year

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looks like many lawn mowers will fly into orbit if he gets off Scott free with this one (and he might!) :)

He won't get away with it. Not a chance.

• Don't be so daft.
    Agree..

But I just cannot understand what he the man does be thinking.

To go from knocking out England to doing this..it's crazy stuff. And he's scuppered nearly any chance of Uruguay getting any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I feel like I've taken crazy pills! Is that really RTE's reaction to Suarez biting someone for the third time?!

Hope all the teams left get their tetanus shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

gazzamc wrote: »
    This is why I watch the rte panel, hilarious..

I'm all for a laugh, but giving out about Marchiso's red carded challenge, saying it's a disgrace and needs to be stamped out of the game and then turning around and having a great laugh at Suarez taking a chunk out of a person for the 3rd time is very poor punditry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

If Suarez was a dog we would've been put down long ago. How any supposedly sane person can repeatedly act like that is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

And the award for exaggeration of the year goes to...

• Advertisement

As I said, making light of it again...

Is it any worse than carrying on like he tried to end someone's career.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

If replays confirm a Suarez bite/attempt, then he must be severely punished for his cannibalistic tendencies and banned from all football for a minimum of 6 months.

Liverpool fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Couldn't give a toss to be honest, hope Suarez will be available for the next game, ban him after the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItzUHnDvwOI Eamo is a legend here he is swearing.
    Bq6fx51CEAMAXun.jpg Teeth marks but they do not appear human maybe the Brazilian el Chupacabra

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

BINGO!!!!

Suarez bite is all I had left on my World Cup Bingo card

I feel like I've taken crazy pills! Is that really RTE's reaction to Suarez biting someone for the third time?!

Maybe the fact that they're all men who have played the game at professional level gives them a measure of perspective that the average internet fan just doesn't have.

• Advertisement

• darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

John Giles is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

YayaBanana wrote: »
    He will surely get a ban now retrospectively because the ref took no action?

Did he not blow up and give a free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What about a general ban from football for anything up to 5 months?

See that would not be fair then on those who pay his wages, it can only be an internanal ban just like the ban he got with Liverpool only applied for Liverpool games in England

If replays confirm a Suarez bite/attempt, then he must be severely punished for his cannibalistic tendencies and banned from all football for a minimum of 6 months.

4 years minimum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't be so daft.

I preferred the surely Liverpool can't persist with him part. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement