Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy 17 : 00 Uruguay - there can be only one! (RTE2/ITV4)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't be so daft.

I preferred the surely Liverpool can't persist with him part. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

microsim wrote: »
    You were wrong, it's not the GAA

Jaysus can't even slag properly though what the GAA has got to do with Suarez biting only you know.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    All geniuses have a mad streak.
    Classic niallo27 :pac:

Were all still waiting for the mad streak to end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Suarez will be out of football for months.

FIFA aren't going to turn a blind eye to this. Unlike the RTE panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Daemos wrote: »
    If Suarez was a dog we would've been put down long ago. How any supposedly sane person can repeatedly act like that is beyond me

If cantona was a dog and jumped into the crowd he would have been put down. If Keane was a dog and went to break Hallands leg, he would be out down. What's your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

How long of a ban do people think Chiellini will get for his elbow on Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bq6iyKqCcAANwUt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is it any worse than carrying on like he tried to end someone's career.

Racism doesn't physically hurt someone either, is that OK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Maybe the fact that they're all men who have played the game at professional level gives them a measure of perspective that the average internet fan just doesn't have.

Sure, they came up against that all the time in their career :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You do realise it has nothing to do with the club he plays for? A lot of people hate pepe and if he was as visible in the PL he'd be in a worse way.

There are very few top level players currently who have the ridiculous record he has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Walking Suarez

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Maybe the fact that they're all men who have played the game at professional level gives them a measure of perspective that the average internet fan just doesn't have.

Since when was biting ever acceptable? They made light of it because it is ridiculous. He's possibly cost his country's chances of progressing and given himself a ban. If an Ireland player did that he would be slated beyond belief.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

No, just senile

I get the feeling some people don't know what senile means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got to be at least six months. He could have knocked a tooth out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Skid X wrote: »
    Suarez will be out of football for months.

FIFA aren't going to turn a blind eye to this. Unlike the RTE panel.

They only turn a blind eye to slave labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I take it he can only be banned internationally, or can it be passed on the club as well?

Anyway, he got 8 games for racism, 10 games for the Ivanovic bite, time to put the foot down now and lay down a marker after he hasn't learned his lesson. 15 game ban if not more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He won't get away with it. Not a chance.

This ain't the FA, and the British media have no clout here. There's a possibility he gets away with it...there's no precedent for retrospective action in world cups.

God it would be hilarious if no action was taken!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

If cantona was a dog and jumped into the crowd he would have been put down. If Keane was a dog and went to break Hallands leg, he would be out down. What's your point.

What about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

microsim wrote: »
    Liverpool fan?

Since you're only a recent blow in, I'll forgive you for that.

• Advertisement

• Got to be at least six months. He could have knocked a tooth out.
    Better not lose those teeth get them insured, don't want him sucking on shoulders now do we? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Which is worse?

1. A bite
    2. Stamping on someone knee in an attempt to "do" them?

He should receive the standard 3 (max 5, if you want to make an example) game suspension for violent play, red card. It's an incident on par with Zidane's infamous headbutt.

Anything else is just hyperbole or lack objectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Couldn't give a toss to be honest, hope Suarez will be available for the next game, ban him after the world cup.
    No. You can't postpone a ban until it happens to be convenient to the player or country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah jaysus.

Dont think he racially abused anyone at today's match so your post is fairly pointless. Served his time for that too

He supposedly bit someone today not racially abused someone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Dunno. How long do you think Suarez will get for trying to exsanguinate a player for the third time?

I am pie wrote: »
    Which is worse?

1. A bite

He should receive the standard 3 (max 5, if you want to make an example) game suspension for violent play, red card. It's an incident on par with Zidane's infamous headbutt.

I think the phrase is whataboutery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

0 games, which would be the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Not Pro-Italy just anti Scum of the earth.

So throw scorn on 1 country for 1 player

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

No genius ever exists without a touch of madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did anything happen before it?

Seemed unprovoked as the defender was not even looking at Suarez

• darced wrote: »
    In a way it's hilarious how bad the lads are tonight, so yes it is quite amusing how idiotic they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

I am pie wrote: »
    Which is worse?

1. A bite

Number 1 is the answer.

Next question please. I love quizzes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This ain't the FA, and the British media have no clout here. There's a possibility he gets away with it...there's no precedent for retrospective action in world cups.

Your not watching ITV at the min then

See that would not be fair then on those who pay his wages, it can only be an internanal ban just like the ban he got with Liverpool only applied for Liverpool games in England

Liverpool can fine him his wages in that case? Regardless, punishment is punishment and in a case like this should apply across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Giving out about the English media and then bitting an opponent. Suarez is in for some ride when he returns to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Ekotto wasn't retrospectivally punished was he? Think the manager just left him out last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Not even fully sure he did bite him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    4 years minimum

Way to harsh, I'd stick to the 6 month ban plus 6 months spent with....

13767_17146_logo.jpg

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ekotto wasn't retrospectivally punished was he? Think the manager just left him out last night.

Liverpool fans adopting their beloved martyr position when Suarez gets banned ;)

• Advertisement

Quick, look over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Cantona and Keane have never repeatedly bitten other human beings, as far as I'm aware. My point is how can anyone bite someone for the 3rd time having not learned their lesson from the previous two. Disgraceful behaviour, something far more serious than a 10-game ban has to come from this

gazzamc wrote: »
    This is why I watch the rte panel, hilarious..

They're mental!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't get what goes through someones mind, let alone a professional football player, to make them think "Hey, I'll just bite this guy in the shoulder! I mean, sure I've been punished badly in the past, but I'll get away with it this time, right?"

I mean....what does he hope to achieve in the situation. The ball was nowhere near him. What's the end game in biting someone? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

edgecutter wrote: »
    Giving out about the English media and then bitting an opponent. Suarez is in for some ride when he returns to England.
    No chance he's staying in England next season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

ITV reckon FIFA can go back to the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bq6hYC7IUAEJfQU.png:large

I could easily see FIFA doing nothing with regard to this 7/4 looks very tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

La Mer wrote: »
    No genius ever exists without a touch of madness.

How come Ronaldo or messi, dont bite anyone????
    Actually, how come nearly every other professional footballer doesnt bite anyone????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 4m
    Chiellini has just told Italian TV that Suarez did bite him. "It was clear-cut. It was ridiculous not to send him off"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I wonder have Liverpool started printing the t-shirts yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement