Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy 17 : 00 Uruguay - there can be only one! (RTE2/ITV4)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Meedah wrote: »
    Chill out, no one died.

So you think it's normal behaviour to repeatedly bite people?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Chiellini was rolling around play acting in the first half so I don't feel sorry for him at all. I hope he won't be too uncomfortable on the flight home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Someone must have told them to cop the **** on. Kids watch football put it that way. What kind of example are they setting if they think it should be ignored. ****ing mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Yet punching someone in the head repeatly is the for sensible, mature adults. :pac:

He was biting his knuckles lol

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

It's for animals and problem children.

Humans are from the animal kingdom it is a natural reaction.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

hes an awesome player who has issues.....

Let down his country and club imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yet punching someone in the head repeatly is the for sensible, mature adults. :pac:

Go on out and bite 10 people. Tell me how many hit you back when your finished...

niallo27 wrote: »
    You can't be comparing assaulting a member of the public on live TV with a bite surely.

Biting someone is assault. Stop trying to defend him, nobody gives a fcuk about man utd except you and one other poster. We're not blaming Liverpool here, you don't have to defend him to the hilt.

If you were playing 5 a side and someone bit you, would you forgive them if they were wearing a Liverpool jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Uruguay just about deserved to go through. I think they showed more hunger in the end. A controversial game though, there's plenty for the critics to get their teeth into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

microsim wrote: »
    Chiellini was rolling around play acting in the first half so I don't feel sorry for him at all. I hope he won't be too uncomfortable on the flight home.

Luis never rolled around either:)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bq6c76OCAAA6Tdi.jpg:small

Lucky son of a gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Fair enough if that's what you think but you will not get away with biting someone in front of the world. This is not a foul, it will be classed as assault.

It's incredibly unmanly behaviour, I'll say that much. But in the grander scheme of things it ain't a huge deal. FIFA may expel him from the tournament if there is enough whining but, to that end, the British media don't count even if it's the majority of what we hear.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Zico wrote: »
    Uruguay just about deserved to go through. I think they showed more hunger in the end. A controversial game though, there's plenty for the critics to get their teeth into.

Ignoring the obvious moment of madness, I did feel that Uruguay deserved the win. Italy were very negative and it bit (:pac:) them in the ass once they conceeded. They took a massive risk just shutting down and it didn't pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Biting someone is assault. Stop trying to defend him, nobody gives a fcuk about man utd except you and one other poster. We're not blaming Liverpool here, you don't have to defend him to the hilt.

If you were playing 5 a side and someone bit you, would you forgive them if they were wearing a Liverpool jersey?

I'm not defending him. He is a nutjob. I'm just saying there are loads of brilliant players that were flawed like him before such as utd players and there will be in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Meedah

So you think it's normal behaviour to repeatedly bite people?

When did I say it was normal behavour? Read again and process what was said.

• LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's incredibly unmanly behaviour, I'll say that much. But in the grander scheme of things it ain't a huge deal. FIFA may expel him from the tournament if there is enough whining but, to that end, the British media don't count even if it's the majority of what we hear.
    So what about the media from all the other country's who witnessed the incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Zico wrote: »

Italy just lacked that bite up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Omnomnomnom

suabitedfsjj.gif

• Advertisement

• darced wrote: »
    Grazing LOL :pac::pac::pac::pac: that's what cattle do.

He sunk his teeth in ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

stock-photo-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil-hear-no-evil-monkeys-1670371.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Suarez's biting is more very weird rather than dangerous. But of course he will get a long ban. I think Liverpool should maybe let him go if we get a big offer. He is letting down the club.

I'm not defending him. He is a nutjob. I'm just saying there are loads of brilliant players that were flawed like him before such as utd players and there will be in the future.

Out of interest, what do you reckon his punishment should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

You can hear the keyboards of the English media typing out their hate of Suarez

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So what about the media from all the other country's who witnessed the incident?

They won't care as much as you may like them too. Diving, spitting and cheating all part of the game as practiced outside her majesty's empire (USA and Ireland excepted!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrjoshua

Probably false teeth. Then they can be removed at the start of the game. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Meedah wrote: »
    When did I say it was normal behavour? Read again and process what was said.

Your post implied that it's not a big deal. I beg to differ. There's clearly psychological issues there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm not sure. Can previous from club incidents be taken into account. 6 games maybe. Knowing FIFA no ban or maybe a three game ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

In fairness though you have to respect Suarez's record. He's never lost a game in which he's bitten an opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They won't care as much as you may like them too. Diving, spitting and cheating all part of the game as practiced outside her majesty's empire (USA and Ireland excepted!)
    Biting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He didn't dive, spit or cheat. He bit someone. Assaulted someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Find it ridiculous some people passing it off as a nothing event, and saying it's not worse than a punch.

If someone throws a punch you have the chance to respond or react. Biting or spitting on is about the level of a scumbag, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

DeanAustin wrote: »
    And the award for exaggeration of the year goes to...

I think that's more in hope from some sets of fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    This ain't the FA, and the British media have no clout here. There's a possibility he gets away with it...there's no precedent for retrospective action in world cups.

God it would be hilarious if no action was taken!!

Torsten Frings missed the 2006 semi-final due to a retrospective ban.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jul/04/worldcup2006.sport8

• LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Nothing got do with me liking them too, park your differences aside for once.

No biting should never be part of the game it's worse than all of the above, it could be classed as a mental thing and it has happened repeatedly.

The lads on here can post all the funny videos they want about the kids but that's the kind of example he is setting if he continues to do what he is doing.

With the world media focused fully on him there's no way he's going to side step this one and rightly so. The punishment he received before didn't work so they need to do something else.

The man needs counseling.

I wonder how Chiellini feels after this, he's looking at medical to give him injections to prevent infection ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

In over 99% of the games Luis Suarez has played at professional level he didn't bite anyone.

And still people go on and on about these indiscretions.

He didn't dive, spit or cheat. He bit someone. Assaulted someone.

Yeah, well we'll see. I don't expect the Latin press to be crying "Assualt omg"!! but I've been wrong before. :)

• Advertisement

Prandelli's just resigned from the Italian job. Obviously couldn't continue after what he saw today from Suarez. The mental anguish has him crushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You can argue that the unsavoury element of biting makes this a more serious offence than the damage caused but it shouldn't comprise 95% of the punishment.

As far as I can see it falls under Violent Conduct.

You'd get a 3 game ban for clocking someone. Probably the same for spitting.

5 or 6 for this seems fine to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

he should be focked out of the WC.

darced wrote: »
    You sound like you and old Luis would get on great.
    How can you say that with a straight face, assault is assault and grazing your teeth on someone is at a much lower level than repeatedly punching someone in the head.

If someone is ever locked onto your arm, take out your phone with the other hand and post here how you deal with it.

• darced wrote: »
    Find it ridiculous some people passing it off as a nothing event, and saying it's not worse than a punch.

If someone throws a punch you have the chance to respond or react. Biting or spitting on is about the level of a scumbag, simple as.

Exactly.

And when the **** did I compare it ever to a headbutt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Skid X wrote: »
    In over 99% of the games Luis Suarez has played at professional level he didn't bite anyone.

And still people go on and on about these indiscretions.

In 100% of the moments where I've come in contact with people, I've not bitten anyone.

I'd fully expect to get punished badly the first time I did though, let alone the third :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If someone is over locked onto your arm, take out your phone with the other hand and post here how you deal with it.

You shake them off and maybe give them a kick up the hole.

You don't do something that would give them ****ing brain damage.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

La Mer wrote: »
    You can hear the keyboards of the English media typing out their hate of Suarez

Perfect filling for their toothless displays.

Not so long after his brace against them, they will dig the needle in deep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

prandelli resigns as italian manager

I'm not sure. Can previous from club incidents be taken into account. 6 games maybe. Knowing FIFA no ban or maybe a three game ban.

I think his club and international incidents should be kept separate. People calling for him to be banned for life are delusional. Having said that, kicked out of the competition and a lengthy ban should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Just dawned on me that its most likely we'll never see Pirlo at a major international tournament again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement