Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy 17 : 00 Uruguay - there can be only one! (RTE2/ITV4)

Comments

• Just dawned on me that its most likely we'll never see Pirlo at a major international tournament again.
    Sad Day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Gbear wrote: »
    You shake them off and maybe give them a kick up the hole.

You don't do something that would give them ****ing brain damage.:confused:

Ah behave CareBear. Someone bites me and my reaction would be to throw a punch. So would most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

It's all the English medias fault!

Everything he has ever done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Prandelli's just resigned from the Italian job. Obviously couldn't continue after what he saw today from Suarez. The mental anguish has him crushed.

Eye witnessing those kinds of assaults in person can be a very traumatic experience that can have a long lasting effect on someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bq6las9IgAArz7F.jpg

Fairly noticeable mark there.

I actually don't think he'll get banned though. It was easy for the FA to ban him since they had clear video evidence of him sinking his teeth into Ivanovic's arm.

While he obviously did bite Chiellini, I haven't seen any camera angle yet that clearly shows it so Suarez would probably be able to fight any action taken against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Just dawned on me that its most likely we'll never see Pirlo at a major international tournament again.

No wait, he already announced his retirement didn he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Skid X wrote: »
    In over 99% of the games Luis Suarez has played at professional level he didn't bite anyone.

And still people go on and on about these indiscretions.

Over 99% of people a serial killer meets are unharmed. People still go on and on about the murder victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You only have to look at the reactions of the lads he's bitten. It's outlandish, mental behaviour, they are in disbelief as to what has just happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bq6las9IgAArz7F.jpg

I actually don't think he'll get banned though. It was easy for the FA to ban him since they had clear video evidence of him sinking his teeth into Ivanovic's arm.

While he obviously did bite Chiellini, I haven't seen any camera angle yet that clearly shows it so Suarez would probably be able to fight any action taken against him.

Is that shopped? Looks a lot clearer than anything else that's been shown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He can claim its a Uruguayan gesture of endearment welcoming the Italians to his continent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

They look like photoshop to me 10492038_805380436151684_4261813347162492473_n.jpg

Bq6las9IgAArz7F.jpg

I think he'd actually get away with it only for his previous antics.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

My thoughts too, is there actual evidence he bit or is this the media kangaroo in action?

Chiellini was simulating all game. Horribly so, maybe he played against Suarez rep?

If he did bite then this is strike three ban him for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Ah behave CareBear. Someone bites me and my reaction would be to throw a punch. So would most people.

Yeah. In the heat of the moment you lash out. He said he'd still be digging the head off him.

It's a bit ironic giving out about someone's savagery and then responding like an angry chimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Dunno, found it on this twitter page.

twitter.com/@th14Renato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Some stitches required apparently

tdy-shark-bite-111013.grid-4x2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You only have to look at the reactions of the lads he's bitten. It's outlandish, mental behaviour, they are in disbelief as to what has just happened.

In fairness they had the same reaction to the sending off so you can't go by that

Gbear wrote: »
    Yeah. In the heat of the moment you lash out. He said he'd still be digging the head off him.

It's a bit ironic giving out about someone's savagery and then responding like an angry chimp.

That's not my nature. I didn't expect to react like that. My whole point is it absolutely infuriated me so much I went into a complete rage. Never happened before or since.
    Unless it's happened to you then you can't really know for sure how you would react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I agree he should be banned but no more so than a two-footed leg breaker would be

A bad tackle tackle can be malicious too but the real difference here being that Chiellini could play another match in the morning if needed. Not the case with the former example

I know which one I'd rather be on the end of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Mod Edit: Too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's not my nature. I didn't expect to react like that. My whole point is it absolutely infuriated me so much I went into a complete rage. Never happened before or since.
    Unless it's happened to you then you can't really know for sure how you would react.

Fair enough. I was being a bit harsh on you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Prandelli's just resigned from the Italian job. Obviously couldn't continue after what he saw today from Suarez. The mental anguish has him crushed.

Eh, there is the small matter of Italy not getting out of the group stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

microsim wrote: »

Please tell me you know hes joking?

Please??...

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Bq6vVfBCMAAsO8F.jpg

Hi Brendan Its Luis here I have done it again.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Just watching a replay of the Italy v Uruguay game on Asian TV and it has a "parental guidance" symbol on the bottom of the screen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

microsim wrote: »
    That obviously pales into comparison here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This is Chiellini directly after the incident

article-2667460-1F17171800000578-798_634x467.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Turtwig wrote: »
    My thoughts too, is there actual evidence he bit or is this the media kangaroo in action?

Chiellini was simulating all game. Horribly so, maybe he played against Suarez rep?

If he did bite then this is strike three ban him for

Ah I've seen the marks on RTE they just aren't near as obvious as that one. I'd be fairly certain from the images that he had a nibble alright

As for Cheillini, how he's not ashamed of himself for all that acting up is beyond me. Not the biting incident, just in general. I know we see it day in day out in other leagues but christ he was particularly bad tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Interesting to hear the reaction of Uruguayans. Last time Pool fans generally stayed onside, but it was in a meaningless game at seasons end (ban carried over obv). He's royally screwed Uruguay here and was a passenger in the game, albiet after last weeks heriocs

Even though he's blurred out, you can tell Cavani is thinking "oh no... not again"

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Interesting to hear the reaction of Uruguayans. Last time Pool fans generally stayed onside, but it was in a meaningless game at seasons end (ban carried over obv). He's royally screwed Uruguay here and was a passenger in the game, albiet after last weeks heriocs

What are their reactions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Turtwig wrote: »
    What are their reactions?

It will be interesting I shouldve said. Id hazard a guess at mixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bq6w2h6CUAAqpKs.jpgBq6w6IeIQAAWdFQ.jpg

Who to believe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Tooth marks are pretty clear on that one

Edit: if it really is the original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Seemed pretty clear on the BBC replay; was certainly clearer than the ITV pictures. Dunno how anyone can doubt he bit his shoulder.
    The guy obviously needs some serious psych help as it's just not normal for grown adults to resort to biting someone when under pressure or feeling frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I don't know what all the craze is about.

It's an off the ball incident. In such situations most players kick or stamp. Others elbow or punch. Others again head-butt. Suarez has a thing about biting. Curious. But so what?

It's nothing special. Its not even worse. Its violent off the ball conduct and should be adequately dealt with. If FIFA have nothing in place he's a very lucky man.
    But overall no reason to go nuts.

However, I'd say his agent had a heart attack watching. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I hope Chielli took his rabies shot before travelling to Brazil...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

So is there or is there not an actual mechanism available to FIFA to ban Suarez? Seem to remember Danielle De Rossi getting a retrospective ban for elbowing a player back at the 2006 World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Seriously though, what the hell is the guy's problem? Biting someone?? It's like the behaviour of a frustrated child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Suarez is so silly, I'd say the Uruguayan coaching staff will be furious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Boskowski wrote: »
    I don't know what all the craze is about.

It's an off the ball incident. In such situations most players kick or stamp. Others elbow or punch. Others again head-butt. Suarez has a thing about biting. Curious. But so what?

It's nothing special. Its not even worse. Its violent off the ball conduct and should be adequately dealt with. If FIFA have nothing in place he's a very lucky man.
    But overall no reason to go nuts.

However, I'd say his agent had a heart attack watching. :D

Its just an off the ball incident, what does that mean? I just stabbed a player but its was an off the ball incident so no worries.

Kicks and elbows happen regularly enough as players try to hide them as part of the game. Headbutts are never full on headbutts just lads squaring up to each other and as soon one guy touches foreheads the other lad is down like his shot...nobody gets seriously injured.

But how often have you seen somebody punch somebody in the face on a soccer field? If Saurez straight up walloped a guy in the face, there would be an uproar and rightly so. I'd argue that biting somebody from behind is worse than a punch, its more cowardly and dangerous (you are trying to pierce skin and diseases can be passed).

I think the uproar is justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

In over 99% of the games Luis Suarez has played at professional level he didn't bite anyone.

99.9999999% of professional footballers have NEVER bitten anyone so obviously a serial biter gets a lot of attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Only Liverpool fans could have a gif showing Suarez biting someone and photographic evidence of the damage and still doubt that it happened. Some even trying to get digs in at Chiellini :p baffling. Before someone says it I'm not talking about all Liverpool fans obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

I have to say, I've never seen pure childish bias as bad as this.

Suarez fucking BITES someone and all Liverpool gremlins can say is yeah but UNITED CANTONA KEANE biting is not bad as headbutt why do you hate Liverpool :(:(:(

this is exactly like a child (because at this stage, a child and Suarez are one and the same) getting suspended for biting someone, and the parent saying it wasn't a big deal :pac:

There's a reason they only post their opinions on the internet and not in real life.

One things probably certain. FIFA will do this swiftly, not like the English FA where things tend to drag on a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think the only answer is to give him a proper punishment. He should have to play wearing one of these from now on,,,,,

hanniballecter.jpg

Liam O wrote: »
    Only Liverpool fans could have a gif showing Suarez biting someone and photographic evidence of the damage and still doubt that it happened. Some even trying to get digs in at Chiellini :p baffling. Before someone says it I'm not talking about all Liverpool fans obviously.

There's very few defending his actions tonight. Quite the opposite.

And no not only Liverpool fans defend their player. Also a lie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It would appear that the Italian pushed his shoulder into King Luis face, forcing open his jaw in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is actually 98.9% of his matches where he didnt bite.

Played 278, opponents bitten 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

There's a reason they only post their opinions on the internet and not in real life.

and whats that reason??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement