Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy 17 : 00 Uruguay - there can be only one! (RTE2/ITV4)

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Right just given you a heads up, I'm going to start a Luis Suarez thread, relating to this incident and previous incidents so I'll give ye all a few posts to stop talking about it here and watch out for the new thread that I'll setup.

So take all your Suarez chat over their.
    We might need a Luis Suarez sub forum at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Disappointed with Italy. Thought they had more in them than playing for a draw. Prandelli was meant to be changing the mindset of Italin football yet we saw them revert to type. Sitting back, play acting, fouling etc.
    Cassano once again did sweet FA. Cant help think that Rossi maybe would have been a better choice. Balotelli? Where to begin. Would not want him in my team. Time and time again he's shown himself to be a liability who cant be trusted to turn up.

Pirlo was sloppy enough at times yesterday but what a player he's been for the Azzuri. He'll be sorely missed. Leg-end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Any sponsors should immediately pull out of their sponsorship deals with Suarez. Yet again another incident crops up that tarnishes his image. He has become one of the most marketable players in club football, and is a hero to many young children (my own young cousin for one) but there is no way a global brand could associate themselves with such a controversial character anymore. As a comparison, Tiger Woods suffered enormously from sponsorship withdrawals when his infidelities came to the surface, so surely Suarez will be hung out to dry now too.

As an aside, I'd say Balotelli is grateful such a talking point emerged from the game as it deflects attention away from what was the most listless performance from a big-name player in all my time watching the World Cup

• Just realised; page record for a match thread? 74 in less than 24 hours holy ****balls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Any sponsors should immediately pull out of their sponsorship deals with Suarez.

Not all sponsors and brands should walk away from Suarez.

pedigree-doggie-dentures-dentastix-small-37564.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lost in all the controversy was a sad reality dawned after yesterdays game. A fantastic and a truly legendary player has graced the world stage for the last time. The great midfield maestro Andrea Pirlo has now left the world stage. A man who led his team to the 2006 World Cup, a genius we watched bamboozle an entire England midfield in 2012. They are just snippets of the many, many wonderful memories he left with fans across the globe. He has been and will always be remembered as one of the true greats of the game. Class, nonchalance and genius personified, it has been an honour and privilege to watch you Andrea. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Ah hear...I hate Liverpool and Suarez as much as the next man but 12 months? Are you off your head?

Christ, what he did was disgusting but some of the reactions are priceless:

"He's finished"

"Ship him out"

"12 month ban at least"

"How would I explain it to my son"

Get a grip people.

The tooth hurts.

Sorry I mean truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,497 ✭✭✭✭Victor

For a moment I thought the thread title was the score line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

i dont care about your opinion so jog on son. have a discussion rather than stir it or pm me if you want but lets keep things on topic for everyones sanity

Just remember this is the same guy who said he wouldn't mind if Suarez drove a bus full of special needs kids off a cliff, it's like talking to a child whose only response is to cry :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know which one was more dangerous! From the same match.

Suarez should be thrown out of the World Cup and banned.

But one of them is being forgotten about!

I know which one was more dangerous! From the same match.

Suarez should be thrown out of the World Cup and banned.

But one of them is being forgotten about!

I don't think the problem with it (the bite) is the danger to the player being bitten. It's the complete and utter craziness of it. It's just bonkers. Biting someone is just such a nasty animalistic thing to do.

The whole thing is such a pity, we want to see players of Suarez's talent play at the World Cup but then he goes and does this completely idiotic thing that jeopardises his participation and therefore his country's chances of progression. I'm a Man Utd fan and I wanted to see him perform on the world stage. That's what the world cup is all about, the best players playing their best stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Balotelli was just horrible throughout the game and I'm glad to see the back of him, he's the main reason the game has gone to ****... bloody diver... if Suarez was to bite anyone i wish it was him..

He's a smug prick too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Bq_aQDUIYAAZB4T.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement