Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Bank €19.99 in Aldi

• 24-06-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

2 on sale this Thursday

Professional Power Bank:
    12000 mAh
    Output: 1ASV
    3 x USB Ports
    LED power status to show you how much charge is left

Rugged Power Bank‡

7800 mAh
    Output: 1ASV
    2 x USB ports
    Waterproof, dust proof, shock proof (IP4 BIPS)
    LED torch
    LED power status to show you how much charge is left

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The rugged version has lower capacity but includes an LED lamp, looks good value for €20 if the battery is good quality ...

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-26th-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/professional-power-bankrugged-power-bank/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭nc6000

If this Power Bank was fully charged how many times would it charge a smartphone, say a Moto G?

EDIT : The Moto G has a 2,070mAh battery and the Rugged Power Bank is 7,800 mAh. Does this mean it would charge the Moto G almost 4 times? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

nc6000 wrote: »
    If this Power Bank was fully charged how many times would it charge a smartphone, say a Moto G?

EDIT : The Moto G has a 2,070mAh battery and the Rugged Power Bank is 7,800 mAh. Does this mean it would charge the Moto G almost 4 times? :confused:
    Correct. Though you'll rarely get a full 7,800 mAh from it even on a full charge.

EDIT: Picked up the last pro in Sandyford earlier, fully charged out of the box. Win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

nc6000 wrote: »

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Correct. Though you'll rarely get a full 7,800 mAh from it even on a full charge.

The practice of overstating battery capacity probably applies equally to the OP's phone and the Aldi battery pack so it would be reasonable to assume that the Aldi device will charge the OP's phone almost four times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I went on a bit of an Electric Picnic tech splurge. I managed to pickup a Pro Powerpack (12000 mAh) even though the sign said sold out. No need to worry about a dead phone this time round.

I also picked up the Wireless Speaker Bug. Surprisingly good sound from it for something so small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

coylemj wrote: »
    The practice of overstating battery capacity probably applies equally to the OP's phone and the Aldi battery pack so it would be reasonable to assume that the Aldi device will charge the OP's phone almost four times.

Energy loss due to heat etc can be pretty huge on some brands of power pack, you can probably write off at least 25% of the capacity due to heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

Has anyone tested this rugged power pack. Just picked up one in aldi half price €9.99. How many charges would an iphone5 get. Battery terrible in these. Hopefully it'll sort me out for the picnic.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have one of those. Didn't get hard use, but I would think you'd get 2-3 charges out of it.

Has anyone tested this rugged power pack. Just picked up one in aldi half price €9.99. How many charges would an iphone5 get. Battery terrible in these. Hopefully it'll sort me out for the picnic.

Where was it half price?

I picked up one of the 12,000 mAh ones in Aldi yesterday for €9.99. It looks like a great bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Picked up a coup;e of these the other day,great value, only thing is charging from pc, when pc goes into sleep mode it also stops charging battery pack, can You use iPhone charger to charge these?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

meathman0 wrote: »
    Picked up a coup;e of these the other day,great value, only thing is charging from pc, when pc goes into sleep mode it also stops charging battery pack, can You use iPhone charger to charge these?

Works for me :)

Can't find it on the Aldi site anymore, gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

Sacramento wrote: »
    Can't find it on the Aldi site anymore, gone?

They were originally on sale around June/July but they had a good few left over and are still selling them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

They were originally on sale around June/July but they had a good few left over and are still selling them

Look in the locked glass unit , if they have it, it should be on display, still had some in Navan.

Advertisement