Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restore issue?

• 24-06-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I have my new iPhone 5s for about 2 weeks now. Every time I leave my house the below message appears on my phone. Also, a message saying that my phone cannot be backed up until the restore is complete. There is no media missing from my phone. Every night my phone has a wifi connection and is charging. I cannot understand why this message is appearing. Can anyone shed some light?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try plugging it into your computer and see if that fixes it. It might force it to finish the restore.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Zcott wrote: »
    Try plugging it into your computer and see if that fixes it. It might force it to finish the restore.

Would that not just sync it with iTunes? The library on my computer is different from my phone. If my phone syncs with my computer I'll loose loads of music etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

HungryFish wrote: »
    Would that not just sync it with iTunes? The library on my computer is different from my phone. If my phone syncs with my computer I'll loose loads of music etc...

That's what your phone is trying to restore.

That's what your phone is trying to restore.

It's restoring from cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

HungryFish wrote: »
    It's restoring from cloud
    your print screen has you on 3G. Just restore when on wifi or restore through itunes.

• Advertisement

your print screen has you on 3G. Just restore when on wifi or restore through itunes.

I get this message whenever I leave my house and wifi connection. My screen shot is on 3G because the message only appears when I leave wifi. What I can't understand is why after 2 weeks it's still trying to restore and there is nothing missing from my phone so I don't know what it's trying to restore...also, as I mentioned, if I sync my phone with I tunes on my computer, I will loose a lot of media. My phone is trying to restore from iCloud from the last backup of my last phone which was done the morning I got my new phone. I think something's gone wrong somewhere but I don't know what 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go to settings iCloud, storage and backup. Wait a min and it will tell you how long it thinks is left. Wait until you're connected to wifi.

Something is still trying to restore and unless you bought all the music on the phone through iTunes, iCloud won't restore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Also, it might seem daft but do try turning it off and on again while plugged in.

Advertisement