Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help from Doctor

• 24-06-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

What help does a Doctor give you these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Depends on the doctor and what you tell him/her. Maybe they give you nicotine replacement therapy, which has a high failure rate. Maybe they recommend lifestyle change and exercise, which can be great advice. Perhaps they would recommend an alternative treatment, such as hypnosis, or acupuncture etc.

I'm a hypnotist and have received a number of clients via GP referrals for smoking cessation, but I usually get more complex issues referred, because most GPs know the patient must "want" to stop smoking. Talk to your GP. I believe it's important to be able to do this. A good GP will spend a little while discussing it with you, because smoking is not easy to stop doing for most people.

PM me if you would like a referral to a local, qualified hypnotist. Its not regulated and there are plenty out there who haven't a clue. I hope you succeed, whatever you choose.

Good Luck OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GeorgeSlate

Doctors help very much when you are in the stage to quit smoking. They guide you for different plans and tell you about the offers that would be helpful for you to quit smoking. They recommend you the best suggestion that is helpful for your health.

Advertisement