Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order Confusion

Options
  • 24-06-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom,

I'm really hoping you can help me. I've been trying to get support from you colleagues but no one wants to deal with me. Sales sent me to the winback team who said they can't help me becuase i order online and need to talk to webmasters@eircom.ie who are silent. I just need someone to sort it. Hopefully you can here. 

I signed up to your services on June 10th and selected the 27th as an installation date. I also gave notice to my current provider to cancel our broadband from the 27th. I also organised a day off work for the installation. I received a mail saying ...

[font=arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for choosing eVision from eircom.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]What happens next?[/font]
    [/font]
    • We are currently processing your eVision order. We will be in contact in the next couple of days to arrange your installation. Find out what to expect during your installation.
    • Should you need to change the date of your appointment, please ring [url=tel:1800 580 500]1800 580 500[/url] by at least 4pm the day before your appointment and a member of our team will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
    [*]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you,
    eircom[/font]

[*]

I called again a week later on the 17th to confirm everything was going ahead as I had heard nothing, I was told that you were just busy at the moment but my order was fine.

I just called your sales team this morning to confirm everything was ok and I was told that its not available in my area till July 2nd! So I am concerned for a couple of reasons.

1) Will i still get the friends of eircom discount?
    2) I hope I don't have to place a new order? Can you keep my details?
    3) Can you just send the equipment via courier on Friday and I will connect it up on July 2nd?
    4) I hope i won't be waiting later than the 2nd as I have no broadband from Friday due to my current provider ceasing services.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Eircom,

I'm really hoping you can help me. I've been trying to get support from you colleagues but no one wants to deal with me. Sales sent me to the winback team who said they can't help me becuase i order online and need to talk to webmasters@eircom.ie who are silent. I just need someone to sort it. Hopefully you can here. 

I signed up to your services on June 10th and selected the 27th as an installation date. I also gave notice to my current provider to cancel our broadband from the 27th. I also organised a day off work for the installation. I received a mail saying ...

[font=arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for choosing eVision from eircom.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]What happens next?[/font]
    [/font]
    • We are currently processing your eVision order. We will be in contact in the next couple of days to arrange your installation. Find out what to expect during your installation.
    • Should you need to change the date of your appointment, please ring [url=tel:1800 580 500]1800 580 500[/url] by at least 4pm the day before your appointment and a member of our team will be happy to reschedule your appointment.

[*]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you,
    eircom[/font]

[*]

I called again a week later on the 17th to confirm everything was going ahead as I had heard nothing, I was told that you were just busy at the moment but my order was fine.

I just called your sales team this morning to confirm everything was ok and I was told that its not available in my area till July 2nd! So I am concerned for a couple of reasons.

1) Will i still get the friends of eircom discount?
    2) I hope I don't have to place a new order? Can you keep my details?
    3) Can you just send the equipment via courier on Friday and I will connect it up on July 2nd?
    4) I hope i won't be waiting later than the 2nd as I have no broadband from Friday due to my current provider ceasing services.

Thanks,
    Stephen
    [*]

Hi stereo_steve

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience caused by this, I would just like to clarify that if you used the friends and family code everything will be fine with the discount.

We will not be able to send the equipment as the service requires full installation by an engineer as a number of changes need to be made to your line and the socket in your house.

If you could send me any order number you have that would be great - if you have no order number please PM me the name this was placed in & and address involved.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Thanks a lot,

I just sent you a pm with my address.

Regards,
    Stephen

Thanks a lot,

Regards,
    Stephen
    Thanks stereo_steve

I'm having this looked in to - as soon as I have an update I'll be in touch with you here right away

Al

Thanks a lot,

Regards,
    Stephen
    Thanks stereo_steve

I'm having this looked in to - as soon as I have an update I'll be in touch with you here right away

Al
    Thanks Alan,

By any chance is my location causing an issue? Google maps places me about 2km away from my actual house. Perhaps you use gmaps to check if a user can avail of your services when they place an order?

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Stephen

Thanks a lot,

Regards,
    Stephen
    Thanks stereo_steve

Al
    Thanks Alan,

By any chance is my location causing an issue? Google maps places me about 2km away from my actual house. Perhaps you use gmaps to check if a user can avail of your services when they place an order?

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Stephen
    Hi stereo_steve

The location isnt the issue here I can safely say - leave it with me and I'll get back as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan

Thanks Alan
    Hi Steve

PM sent in reply just now

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Just to follow up on this, I got my phone line installed yesterday. I went through the family and friends URL and now I see hte price has changed dramatically. Previously it was €30 a month and now I see it says €50.

Has this changed? 

thanks,
    Stephen

Hi Alan,

Just to follow up on this, I got my phone line installed yesterday. I went through the family and friends URL and now I see hte price has changed dramatically. Previously it was €30 a month and now I see it says €50.

Has this changed? 

thanks,
    Stephen
    HI stereo_steve

I'll look in to this and get back as soon as I have more information. I should be back to you by this afternoon.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Has this changed? 

thanks,
    Stephen
    HI stereo_steve

I'll look in to this and get back as soon as I have more information. I should be back to you by this afternoon.

Thanks
    Al
    I think i might know whats wrong. I follow the URL. See the correct price.

It asks for my number, it says number not recognised ( does it take a while ? The number i have been given is working)

I then select my address instead and then I think its redirecting me to the normal order area and this is the problem.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Has this changed? 

thanks,
    Stephen
    HI stereo_steve

Thanks
    Al

It asks for my number, it says number not recognised ( does it take a while ? The number i have been given is working)

I then select my address instead and then I think its redirecting me to the normal order area and this is the problem.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi stereo_steve

That's exactly it - the line is not qualifying for efibre (yet) - I'm unaware of what need to be done to get it qualifyed but I've asked efibre opps to look in to this. I'll keep you updated Steve.

Al

Hi Alan,

Has this changed? 

thanks,
    Stephen
    HI stereo_steve

Thanks
    Al

Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi stereo_steve

That's exactly it - the line is not qualifying for efibre (yet) - I'm unaware of what need to be done to get it qualifyed but I've asked efibre opps to look in to this. I'll keep you updated Steve.

Al
    Morning Alan,

Good news I am able to order broadband this morning however not with my link. I get redirected to the main section of the website. I suspect it was used when I placed my original order that completed last month?

I'll pm  you with the details.

Thanks,
    Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Alan,

Has this changed? 

thanks,
    Stephen
    HI stereo_steve

Thanks
    Al

Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi stereo_steve

Al
    Morning Alan,

Good news I am able to order broadband this morning however not with my link. I get redirected to the main section of the website. I suspect it was used when I placed my original order that completed last month?

I'll pm  you with the details.

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen

Al is out of the office until next Tuesday. Can you send the PM to me and I will follow this up,

thanks
    Colm

Hi Guys,

The installer was just here. All is working. I am very happy!

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

Hi Guys,

The installer was just here. All is working. I am very happy!

Thanks for all your help.

Steve
    No worries stereo_steve

Glad you are happy with it :)
    Al

Advertisement