Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorbike Mechanic/Service In South County Dublin

• 24-06-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone could give me any info on where I could take my 01 R6 to get serviced in the south county Dublin area that are decent price wise/do a good job.
    Probably Oil/Filter, Check Plugs etc
    I normally do all my own work but I have no tools were I live at the minute.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Honda have a service offer on every now and then for a oil, filter and plugs service - I think it was 99 the last time I got it.. They don't only do Hondas (well I don't think anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Scottsbikes in Harolds cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

The Gem workshop,
    Rear 63,Morehampton rd,
    Donnybrook,
    Dublin 4
    ,Phone: 01 491 4520
    01 6676121
    087 6336619

Give Dave a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Thanks for the reply's will check them out for prices etc. Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I always recommend Mototechnic, near KCR
    http://mototechnic.ie/
    Wouldn't go anywhere else myself.

• Advertisement

Cheers everyone :)@Cienciano how long do they usually take to do a service? What are they like price wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cheers everyone :)@Cienciano how long do they usually take to do a service? What are they like price wise?
    I got tyres there before and he did they while I waited. Best thing to do is give him a call and if you don't have a huge amount of time, ask if he can fit you in while you go off for a coffee somewhere. Standard in most places is to leave your bike there for the day, but if you talk to him and he's not busy he might sort something. Last time I was there my bike was done much sooner than expected cos someone else cancelled.
    It's very reasonable price for people who really know what they're at and definitely won't bullshíte you. I never got a standard service there, always parts fitted and bits and pieces done, but labour was always reasonable.
    TBH, I don't mind paying for labour if it's someone who knows what they're at and don't bullshíte you. I end up doing most car stuff myself cos the amount of fecken wasters out there.
    Anyone know of a good car mechanic that won't bullshíte me and knows what he's at btw? :D Must ask robbie if he'll take a look at the car sometime

Cienciano wrote: »
    I got tyres there before and he did they while I waited. Best thing to do is give him a call and if you don't have a huge amount of time, ask if he can fit you in while you go off for a coffee somewhere. Standard in most places is to leave your bike there for the day, but if you talk to him and he's not busy he might sort something. Last time I was there my bike was done much sooner than expected cos someone else cancelled.
    It's very reasonable price for people who really know what they're at and definitely won't bullshíte you. I never got a standard service there, always parts fitted and bits and pieces done, but labour was always reasonable.
    TBH, I don't mind paying for labour if it's someone who knows what they're at and don't bullshíte you. I end up doing most car stuff myself cos the amount of fecken wasters out there.
    Anyone know of a good car mechanic that won't bullshíte me and knows what he's at btw? :D Must ask robbie if he'll take a look at the car sometime

Great stuff thanks for that. Will defo check them out. I usually do all my work but have no tools/space to do all the stuff where I live currently. At least I know what I'm talking about so there would be no telling me the bike needs this and that :)

Bike was bought recently up the north and well looked after only 10k miles on it. :) But its got the "Yamaha Tick" which is a tad louder than others that I've heard. So better just getting it checked out!

As for a car mechanic unfortunately I don't no of any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Sorry to bump an old Thread but rather not open a new one as I've same question just looking for someone that can service a 50cc Yamaha neos near Dun Laoghaire/Blackrock etc if anyone knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

arikv wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old Thread but rather not open a new one as I've same question just looking for someone that can service a 50cc Yamaha neos near Dun Laoghaire/Blackrock etc if anyone knows?

Think Vinny O'brien in Castlebyrne Pk. still does bits n bobs...dont have his number though soz...

• Advertisement

Think Vinny O'brien in Castlebyrne Pk. still does bits n bobs...dont have his number though soz...

Thanks, I'll try and track him down.
    Thus far, Google didn't yield any results for him or a garage in Castlebyrne Park blackrock but Ill keep looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Dave in the Gem Workshop is in Donnybrook a few posts up. Give him a shout

Dave in the Gem Workshop is in Donnybrook a few posts up. Give him a shout

Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.motorbikeworkshop.ie/contact-us - I hate when companies do not provide an email to contact...

Advertisement