Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Flaregon wrote: »
    Time to buy a nomad to **** in, that picture is required for the internet.

If you do I will have to get the guys together and initiate an intervention!
    Nomads are for life not for voiding your bowel.

Besides, could have been worse, could have been Streets of Rage or Golden Axe! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got myself a European 3ds Xl. A pink one... All my fecking handhelds are pink.

Trip World just shot up in price and there's now two inazuma eleven games on it so was time to take the plunge.

Would also like to say I'm getting pissed off with game grumps playing something slightly rare I want and sending the prices through the roof.

Now to become known as the sicko that bought senran kagura in Sligo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, everything you have fun with and fits in your hand is pink....
    Fascinating but not entirely surprising....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Dragon-Quests.jpg

Went back to Argos this weekend to pick up the Dragon Quest I passed on last week (Sentinels), now that it dropped further in price :)

Would like to find Chapters of the Chosen as well. I usually keep an eye out for it in Gamestop but haven't seen it, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

Why are you so tickled pink Retr0?

Is it a case of getting the pink handhelds cheaper or a preference for the colour?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dragon-Quests.jpg

Went back to Argos this weekend to pick up the Dragon Quest I passed on last week (Sentinels), now that it dropped further in price :)

Would like to find Chapters of the Chosen as well. I usually keep an eye out for it in Gamestop but haven't seen it, ever.

You should get the two joker games as well. Nice find with DQV.its regarded as the finest jrpg ever and for a while was ridiculously rare. I had to get an Italian copy. I thought 4 was a lot easier to find?
    waveform wrote: »
    Why are you so tickled pink Retr0?

Is it a case of getting the pink handhelds cheaper or a preference for the colour?

They just seem to go cheaper. Have two pink DS lite, a pink us 3ds, a pink euro 3ds Xl and a pink gameboy colour.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They just seem to go cheaper. Have two pink DS lite, a pink us 3ds, a pink euro 3ds Xl and a pink gameboy colour.

It's only natural I suppose, sure all girls suck at video games so they probably get bored after an hour and sell them on.....

TriceratopsFeatureModern02_495.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you do I will have to get the guys together and initiate an intervention!
    Nomads are for life not for voiding your bowel.

Besides, could have been worse, could have been Streets of Rage or Golden Axe! ;)

True people seem to be putting more offencive things and there nomads....and why put that vil image in our heads, streets of rage 'vomits in side"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

It's only natural I suppose, sure all girls suck at video games so they probably get bored after an hour and sell them on.....

TriceratopsFeatureModern02_495.png
    Dems fighting words.
    Sounds more like Ciderman, with the selling on part :p

Sera wrote: »
    Dems fighting words.
    Sounds more like Ciderman, with the selling on part :p

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You should get the two joker games as well. Nice find with DQV.its regarded as the finest jrpg ever and for a while was ridiculously rare. I had to get an Italian copy. I thought 4 was a lot easier to find?

Maybe 4 is easier to find but I only frequent a few local gamestops which makes it harder. DQ5 I picked up in a CEX in the UK, haven't seen it around these parts at all.

Will have to look into the Joker games.

I see the PS2 Dragon Quest game is available on ipad but they're looking for €18! I just can't spend that on an App.

I see the PS2 Dragon Quest game is available on ipad but they're looking for €18! I just can't spend that on an App.

I have it on the PS2 and have never really played it though it looks fantastic.
    I really must get back to it... Some day :(

I heard the iPad port is very poor and based on the original Japanese release without the orchectrated soundtrack and exceptional English voice acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

finaly got a new PSU for this.
    First time this boots up in 20 years and it's running smooth.
    Some disks are gone altogether but I've gor a box with 100s of floppies. Some of my old assembler codes and musics... i'll be busy this week :)

314598.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

A true retro get rather than PS3/NDS games ;)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I still gonna post it though ðŸ˜
    Atelier Ayesha came today

Hey, you can never have too many gets!

Impossibru!

Got lucky today, picked up No More Heroes 2 for the Wii, only a tenner in GS.
    Also picked up the Lone Ranger set for Disney Infinity, 15 in Smyths.

Got lucky today

nudge-nudge.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwNjxrz9T7rRulG8OIgm8MWHV8ucFdy6DvioG3OyU2XjXmBvhkHQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

...getting my msx2 back soon and it appears my brother found our original videopac in the attic . Retro you say ? :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Got lucky today

family-guy-021207-10.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Decided to join the ps vita club today.

GameStop, of all places, have this bundle for €149 so decided to take the plunge. It's the Wifi/3G model.

197E150F-B291-45E9-8A50-516EE38B6D84_zpsfi4xg0ig.jpg

It's a lovely lovely device and I'm pretty pleased with my Vita as well.
    It is a pity it remains relatively unpopular in the West.
    Part of the problem, for me at least, is the insistence on trying to port games from home console to handheld, instead of tailoring something unique for the Vita.
    Same problem that the PSP had I guess.
    That said, Tearaway is reason enough to own it and I'm having tons of fun with Muramasa Rebirth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah it's really surprising how little selection of games and advertising all the shops have. It's a shame because even though I've only been playing around with it for a little while it's a really solid little device and tearaway is a pretty nice platformer. Reminds me of puppeteer a lot.

The vita has a really solid library of RPGs. However I've been using mine to mostly play PSP games!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely get atavan! €150 for all of that is a great deal. Tearaway is a super game, such a breath of fresh air.

Unless you have tiny hands, I'd recommend getting one of these PS Vita Grips (or something similar). Makes the device much more comfortable to hold and no issues pressing the shoulder buttons.

Decided to join the ps vita club today.

GameStop, of all places, have this bundle for €149 so decided to take the plunge. It's the Wifi/3G model
    Copycatter! :P
    Pity I hadn't seen that deal, got mine in the Cash converters for €115 with Gravity Rush.
    I dunno even what model mine is tbh whoops. There's a few Vita games I want, DanganRompa, Sweet Fuse and the new Kagero <3, although I might get the PS3 version of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I finally picked up a Japanese copy of Majora's Mask. Worked out at under 50 euro with delivery. It took a while to track down, but it was worth the wait. The N64 memory expansion is included in this version, for some reason boxed pal expansion packs seem to sell for nearly 40 euro on their own.:confused:

P1040120_zps55667e1d.jpgP1040119_zpsa8899afb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Once again the Japanese showing how to do artwork

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement