Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If the force feedback was removed the wheel tightened up a bit then I reckon it wouldn't be a bad controller. The layout is ok and the wheel as a steering mechanic works pretty well.

Sounds like you've a mini project to get started on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Finally got my old budy back from France. This was my first bought cart ever :)
    11951837_10153605922793276_6948681839323068794_n.jpg?oh=c066829f976dbd33e15cc45faca18607&oe=56641AE3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

LongZ wrote: »
    Finally got my old budy back from France. This was my first bought cart ever :)
    11951837_10153605922793276_6948681839323068794_n.jpg?oh=c066829f976dbd33e15cc45faca18607&oe=56641AE3

Oh thats lovely, damn you with your msx pictures. Supposed to be a good game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yeah it's a good game... veeeery different from the NES one.
    I'd love to get Retr0 to give his impressions on it as I'm too biased myself (as in, I don't really care for the NES version :) )

Also, found this little guy today too:
    11988558_10153609356118276_3132723639596091205_n.jpg?oh=72adaf28251d9ab0960e70a81c42d8db&oe=56A85B0C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This arrived from Japan. Mint condition Twin Famicom AN505BK (I went with the slightly more desirable 505 model because of the longer controller cords). Came with Mario 1, 3 & Zelda. The controllers on it look & feel like it's barely ever been played!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

^^ That is absolutely gorgeous.

All i got is a tube.

But its from Arcade Art Shop whoop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Starfighter for the 3DO arrived but I could only collect it today, and mighty fine it is too
    mgg1TKem.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Myrddin wrote: »
    This arrived from Japan. Mint condition Twin Famicom AN505BK (I went with the slightly more desirable 505 model because of the longer controller cords).
    I don't think I've seen one of those before, looks really cool and love that it had longer controller cords

I don't think I've seen one of those before, looks really cool and love that it had longer controller cords

Yeah I'd never seen one in the flesh myself, they're very nice actually. There's two different models:

the 500's - which have no power led, no turbo function on the controller, & very short leads
    the 505's - these have the power led, turbo functions & a longer controller lead. The lead still isn't what you'd call long, but it's significantly better than the Famicom ones etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was looking at that package on EBay, works out around €200 odd, all in.
    A beautiful looking device, what are the essential games for the famicom disk unit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A lot of them got cart releases later on in the West. Off the top of my head I can only think of Mario 2, Otocky and Arumana no Kiseki. Bio Miracle might be a bit cheaper on FDS as well, the cart version is horrendously priced.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was looking at that package on EBay, works out around €200 odd, all in.

That's the one. I'd sold my Duo-R and a few other little bits so I'd enough for this AND a standard PC Engine (which I only ordered today), so it cost me nothing in that sense. While the Duo-R is a sweet machine, the cd element in it was never used, so I figured I'd move it on & buy some Ninty goodness.
    A beautiful looking device, what are the essential games for the famicom disk unit?

There's not many essentials for it, given many were ported as Retr0 mentioned. I'll probably pick up about ten or fifteen disk games for it, & leave it at that. Price wise they're quite collector friendly at the mo, so it can't hurt to pick them up while their cheap I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Yeah I'd never seen one in the flesh myself, they're very nice actually. There's two different models:

the 500's - which have no power led, no turbo function on the controller, & very short leads
    the 505's - these have the power led, turbo functions & a longer controller lead. The lead still isn't what you'd call long, but it's significantly better than the Famicom ones etc.

I have a red 500, so I wasn't aware of the turbo function on the 505's! Thought the only difference was in the longer controller leads. Cool! Enjoy it!

I think I'll stick to my Famicom and the Retron 5 for my Fami gaming needs.
    I must pick up a third party Famicom pad though, the regular cables are so damn short and I don't feel like modding the machine to install longer ones.
    Apparently it's not a hard mod to do though, you just need to invest in a few NeoGeo extension cables.

I think I'll stick to my Famicom and the Retron 5 for my Fami gaming needs.

Or sell that infernal Retron & buy a Twin Fami*

*of course in a few weeks purchasing said Retron back again

Careful now, or you run the risk of starting a rumour about my games habits that I could find to live down, that has no basis in reality whatsoever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Ordered a PS2 multitap from CEX last night, how long are they usually with shipping ?

airmax87 wrote: »
    Ordered a PS2 multitap from CEX last night, how long are they usually with shipping ?

Because it's CEX you will probably end up with a preowned one of these
    sDvO5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

You're almost as bad with your ads! ;)

The only difference is you pull out before its too late!

Kwilliams.jpg

Doge wrote: »
    You're almost as bad with your ads! ;)

I've noticed that actually, the last two things I've listed I've later talked myself out of selling them, though I did relist & sell the Duo R :o

• Advertisement

Have to be fully committed when you're in.
    Pulling out just before the coup de grâce is just a messy business, you might find some relief in it but the other party may feel unfulfilled and empty.
    Sometimes a third party can help, but be careful that your partner doesn't find what they have to offer more interesting, or you might be left holding coats. In a metaphorical sense, of course.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o_zpsa73850be.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I think we can all relate to the above post

I was, of course, referring to selling on Adverts, as opposed to the Marketplace here, which is great, its dedicated Mod be praised....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

sDvO5.jpg

:^)

sr64Rqa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

sDvO5.jpg

Did I mention that I was casually dating a girl from CeX there for a bit?

Yeah... there are plenty of reasons why they're so incompetent... the managers sound like a shower of:

speech-balloon-orange-w-icon.pnganchor.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a new Cex in Bray and the prices are absolutely baffling, its like new retail price minus a fiver seems to be their policy, often way more than Amazon. Ive been an ereader fan since the early days when people thought they'd never take off and I saw one of my first Sony readers on the shelf in there yesterday for €80, thats 20 less than it cost new about 10 years ago and twice as much as what I paid for my current completely superior Nook. Original DSs for €120, 360s for €160 etc, its a bizarre shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

One just opened in Navan as well recently and prices do seem a bit random on a lot of stuff alright.

At least they don't do the hard sell on "disc protection" or super club cards offering extra trade-in value like the 'other' game store.

"Sorry son I'm a collector - I don't trade-in ever"

MrVestek wrote: »
    Did I mention that I was casually dating a girl from CeX there for a bit?

Was this the Orion slave girl or the one in the Seven of Nine outfit, I can't keep track of yo honeyz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Was this the Orion slave girl or the one in the Seven of Nine outfit, I can't keep track of yo honeyz

Neither. ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement