Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A run dmd is the next thing on my list. They really are awesome

They are awesome, but hey it's like that and that's the way it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Corholio wrote: »
    They are awesome, but hey it's like that and that's the way it is.

But, sometimes, It's Tricky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That reminds me of a pinball company called Multimorphic.
    http://www.multimorphic.com

The magnetic side art sounds like a good idea.

The pinballs also can have fire and smoke trails behind them.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I've attached a zip with a pdf and dxf of the door part. Not sure if the thickness is in there.

Here's a link to the "thing" on thingiverse. It has pics that show roughly how thick it is.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:890469

I'll have a look in the warehouse today and you might be lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked up a PAL Snes there, to replace by badly yellowed one (which I'm giving away for free to A&R users here). It will live alongside my US Snes, so I figured I may as well go all out & pick up a Super Famicom at some stage & complete the holy trinity! The Snes embodies retro gaming for me, so I don't mind doing a Steve X2 and having a few different iterations of it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Beauty and the beast.... :pac:

Anyone know why Nintendo went back to their original Super Famicom design after releasing the US version? You think after creating new molds for the US they'd continue on using them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They needed an edgier console to combat the genesis and segas marketing. Europe was a bit different, the Megadrive was up against the Amiga and continent Europe has a massive manga and anime culture that would be accepting of the more japanese design.

Mars coin mech, credit board and faceplate.

Arcade pile building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Picked this up today for my Atomiswave cabinet as i dont think ill mame this one

http://i.imgur.com/8EFWjn2.jpg

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Picked this up today for my Atomiswave cabinet as i dont think ill mame this one

Ohh lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

FixitFelix wrote: »

brown_boot.svg

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

brown_boot.svg

??

Haha sure is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice little purchase there from Adverts,
    these beauties
    MjQ3MzNhNjFkMGUyZWJiZTc0MTNkM2RlZWNiNmI3ODFGaVlkaBPnbLMQuvpvmuDgaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNTY1YTBjMGY5MThiMTQ0OGY5MTBjMTM2YWE5ZjRhNzdlNTM5ZDA2ODY4ZTU3MmU2NmZkYjBlOWY4YzQyZjAxNi5qcGd8fHx8fHwyMTl4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg
    Kirby's Blockball, Mole Mania, Tetris Attack
    YjRhNjRjZjFkYjliNDA4ZTQ3YmE2N2ZlZmIxYTJjMjaZlnqDNY7reNbYaxEHeckEaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzI0NjdmYWY5YzBiODU5NWZkOTM0YWUyOWMwMDI2OTQwZjlmNGEyYTE5NjI4Y2IzYjE5ZTUzNjhjOWNiMWUyNy5qcGd8fHx8fHw5Mng5MnxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvd2F0ZXJtYXJrLnBuZ3x8fA==.jpg
    Pacman, Kirby's Star Stacker, Boggle, Bust A Move 2
    ZDJhMmI2NTIwNTVlYjU3MGRiYjNiNTBjNTQxMDlmYmLiCiEMob2V0EWReG_e5iiGaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDVlY2Q1MjU4YTRhMTk4ZjJiOGRmMmVlYmM0N2ZjODMzOTI1ZmZiYzhlMGExNzU4YmQ4MTg5ZDljMTg1ZGU1MS5qcGd8fHx8fHw5Mng5MnxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvd2F0ZXJtYXJrLnBuZ3x8fA==.jpg
    Kirby's Dreamland 2, Rayman and Spyro 2: Season of Flame.

and all for the princely sum of a tenner, with another three notes for postage.
    And I think that's my Kirby collection almost complete as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Swapped my ps1 stuff for a jap dreamcast
    Time to order some RGB scart cables and a VGA box :)

CO4WNJFWcAAxCmQ.jpg:large

And a smashing orangey spiral as well, yum, pass the J
    Jaffa cakes!
    Oddy, seeing reminds of Virtua Fighter 3tb, Incoming and Pen Pen Tri icelon, gods help me!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And a smashing orangey spiral as well, yum, pass the J
    Jaffa cakes!
    Oddy, seeing reminds of Virtua Fighter 3tb, Incoming and Pen Pen Tri icelon, gods help me!

I thought I had blank discs too, and I'm broke until tomorrow so I have to bum around on facebook to get some off a mate :D.

Also I'm so used to having RGB scart cables for all my consoles and I forgot that If you use composite with a foreign console its gonna be in black and white :o

I shouldn't have to do anything special with the power right ?, I dont need a step down or something? I just have the standard power cable the DC\XBOX\PS123 use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You'll need a step down for the dreamcast alright. Although you should be able to open it up and swap out the PSU with a European one.

You'll need a step down for the dreamcast alright. Although you should be able to open it up and swap out the PSU with a European one.

Anyone want an NTSC-J dreamcast ? :pac:

EDIT: In all serious though, where could I order one cheap or pick up locally ?
    Which one do I need ?

I'm surpised the thing works (I turned it on when I got it foolishly) So either your man already did the mod or this was a timebomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

FFVI.jpg

Wasn't cheap, worked out at pretty much €50 but it was the only thing I bought while aboard with work. Pretty happy with it. I'll post some pics of other retro goodies I saw later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a package in the post this morning but not opened it. It's from a ebay auction I took a chance on since the user had no feedback. Just hope it's not a rick roll on a cartridge! It's taken me 5 years to finally get this poxy game!

• Advertisement

open it

When I get home I will, was late for work this morning so didn't have time to rip the cellotape off! I'm hoping it's Trip World... Or it could be a car insurance reminder :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    When I get home I will, was late for work this morning so didn't have time to rip the cellotape off! I'm hoping it's Trip World... Or it could be a car insurance reminder :(

Sure who needs car insurance, if you get banged up you can always play Trip World in the cell. I'll mind your msx while you're on the inside.

Sure who needs car insurance, if you get banged up you can always play Trip World in the cell. I'll mind your msx while you're on the inside.

Lets face it, being from Balbriggan it was only a matter of time....

Thanks young Smash for Tokyo Bus Guide for my DC and Layer Section for the Saturn, they are spot on!

It's not up for another 15 days but I'm hearing all these stories about premiums going up. ****ing robbing bastards :/

Lets face it, being from Balbriggan it was only a matter of time....

Thanks young Smash for Tokyo Bus Guide for my DC and Layer Section for the Saturn, they are spot on!

Glad you liked them, thanks for the network adapter.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not up for another 15 days but I'm hearing all these stories about premiums going up. ****ing robbing bastards :/

I know, it's a disgrace, they have people over a barrel. Surely a valid nct should suffice irrespective of a cars age. It's hard enough building a no claims bonus in the first place.

No claims bonus is a thing of the past. I call it a no claims penalty these days, because despite increasing experience, premiums go up every year :(

Myrddin wrote: »
    No claims bonus is a thing of the past. I call it a no claims penalty these days, because despite increasing experience, premiums go up every year :(

Ahem... back on topic Oh Glorious Cat Mod.....
    car insurance queries search ;)

• Advertisement

Ahem... back on topic Oh Glorious Cat Mod.....
    car insurance queries search ;)

I-stand-corrected-e1323445580878-225x300.jpg

:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement