Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sometimes it's worth taking a chance on eBay:

lDFnxsvl.jpg

Finally picked this up after 5 years of hunting for it. This game goes for insane prices from Japan, I only saw one copy over there for North of 400 euro. What some people don't realise is it got a very limited German release. It's much harder to find but much cheaper and was about 80 euros about a year ago. Then Jeremy Parish did his Gameboy World Series and mentions this game a lot there and on retronauts and the price is on the up so decided it was time to finally get my hands on it. Before I kept having such bad luck, last minute snipes spoiled by the seller forgetting to allow international bidding and other crap but I finally own it.

You can also get it on the EU 3DS virtual console but that is for peasants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My local charity shop has Red Dead Revolver on PS2 and I forgot to run back and buy it after visiting the bank. I never played the game in my life and I have been so curious to try it for years. The game has never surfaced anywhere, not even in CeX and I won't buy it online. My next visit shall be next week and it better still be there :P

Will post a pic if I get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thats one of my favorite ps2 games right there. Make sure to pick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was always on team Juarez, until Redemption obviously. Gun was decent aswell. Need a current gen western ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I wasn't going to pick this up but oh well!

https://instagram.com/p/7qqpLuABK7/

Also another get for me was my work permit for Canada. Officially legit to move to Canada now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought Revolver was kind of meh to be honest, another kind of meh rockstar game. Was surprised how good Redemption was considering how meh revolver was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thought Revolver was kind of meh to be honest, another kind of meh rockstar game. Was surprised how good Redemption was considering how meh revolver was.

It certainly looked meh to me back when I first saw it in a magazine article (oh those were the days). Probably is completely meh. But, meh. It'll be nice to have in my collection, seeing as I never got to see the likes of it locally, ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Also another get for me was my work permit for Canada. Officially legit to move to Canada now!

What da fuk!

No!

You can't go!

We won't let you!!

They like curling over there, and eating maple syrup on everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

My controller fetish continues.. Negcon new in box and a Ascii Grip :)

21433947576_8113e5f136_c.jpg

Grip needs a good clean though, as its a onehanded controller I can't be sure what the previous owner was doing with their other hand while using it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What da fuk!

No!

You can't go!

We won't let you!!

They like curling over there, and eating maple syrup on everything

Yeah but the poutine is amazeballs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Watch out for ladies offering to show you their beaver - it may not be what you think :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

11557317.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Update on that NTSC-J dreamcast, your man said he was playing it fine on the Irish power supply, Do the power supplies look any different from eacother, ie could I open it up and confirm visually that the power supply is the PAL one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

airmax87 wrote: »
    Update on that NTSC-J dreamcast, your man said he was playing it fine on the Irish power supply, Do the power supplies look any different from eacother, ie could I open it up and confirm visually that the power supply is the PAL one ?

I'm pretty sure its written on the board right where the figure 8 lead plugs in

or where the square is in this image
    https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/NDTYlWMuiMCcR5nW

I'm pretty sure its written on the board right where the figure 8 lead plugs in

or where the square is in this image
    https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/NDTYlWMuiMCcR5nW

Cheers ! , Ill get the hammer and find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Last few bits arrived last week, Seireki 1999 and Shadow of the Tusk.

P1060882_zpsycm8hlmo.jpg
    P1060879_zpsqa1cl3q0.jpg

Picked up Double Shienryu and joined the ranks of the perverted with The Daibijin.

P1060922_zpsy9jqnhvd.jpg

Mr Driller G and Ciderman furnished me with a network adapter at the weekend. I'm still on the hunt for a suitable hard drive.

P1060923_zpsr8o3xiqm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The condition of your gets does always be the mintiest of mint, lovely haul!

Myrddin wrote: »
    The condition of your gets does always be the mintiest of mint, lovely haul!

Thanks, I get most of my stuff from a guy in Japan, most of his stuff is very reasonable. He tracked Tusk down for me, the cards are still sealed, I also got 1999 and Shienryu from him. I must post a link in the sales link thread. The rest came from Yamatoku on EBay.

I see you're moving the SNES on, fair play. I have a SFC in work that I don't use, it's fairly discoloured but it works okay, may need a clean though. There may be an empty SNES box lurking in my attic too. I will check tomorrow to make sure it's still there and you can collect them on Friday if you want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got some nice gets arriving tomorrow, here's a clue to what they are :pac:

the-officefinger-gunsmichael-scottstress-relief.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The Sniper 2? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well, I guess a good few of us have this by now :0)

013iTsJ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I've promised myself that even if I get a WiiU, I'll never get any Amiibos, because once I start I'd be worse for collecting than Ryo Hazuki & Ash Ketchum combined.

Thanks, I get most of my stuff from a guy in Japan, most of his stuff is very reasonable. He tracked Tusk down for me, the cards are still sealed, I also got 1999 and Shienryu from him. I must post a link in the sales link thread. The rest came from Yamatoku on EBay.

So is shadow of the Tusk any good? The art is very reminiscent of Ghouls N'Ghosts.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So is shadow of the Tusk any good? The art is very reminiscent of Ghouls N'Ghosts.

I didn't even get a chance to try it out, tried 1999 and it plays really well. There are some nice lighting effects going on, and it plays nice and smoothly, possibly better than the ps1 version. I'm a few hours into Chronotrigger on the snes and want to keep going on that at the moment, started and stopped before but I'm determined to give it a full play through this time. If I'm not working too late I will try Tusk, as far as I know most of the menu's are in English.

Was on the CEX site there and they have Yakuza for just a 6 quid, albeit about a fiver shipping, so lash a few copies of FIFA 05 into your basket to make up for it.
    Snagged KOF XI (never seen this in the shops when it was out) and CVS2 for myself, and 2 bogey 3rd party controllers because I'm too cheap for dualshocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Corholio wrote: »
    Got some nice gets arriving tomorrow, here's a clue to what they are :pac:

the-officefinger-gunsmichael-scottstress-relief.gif

Yee-haw!

sv5hz8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Keno wrote: »

Great game, i just have the cart :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My GB goodies arrived, only a tenner less posting, very very happy with this lot
    vZuBONGm.jpg

imgur links seems to be not working for some reason

Also picked up Dark Messiah Elements for the 360 in GS for €4.

• Advertisement

Grip needs a good clean though, as its a onehanded controller I can't be sure what the previous owner was doing with their other hand while using it..

He was playing with himself by himself.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement