Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Very nice. Forgot about side by side special. Looked really good from what I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Very nice. Forgot about side by side special. Looked really good from what I remember.

It's definitely one of the better ones I have, the videos I found on YouTube don't do it justice. I acquired a copy before I bought that one, but it well worth the money. Was it yourself that had the Option racing game on PS?

Yep. Pretty solid racer and worth trying out. Can be had pretty cheap too. There's a lot of bad import racing games out there though. C1 circuit springs to mind....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if Arkanoid Returns is compatible with the Namco paddle controller for the PS, you'd hope so.
    I must take a look and see if there's anything to be had.

I have a copy of Super Putty for the Snes and Toki for the MD incoming from a little closer to home..... Wexford... no customs that I know of between here and there.... perhaps there should be!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Feck sake, the thing I got caught on customs for wasn't even that expensive, only 60 euros altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I need to play Side by Side Special again, its a beast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up a non retro copy of Elder Scrolls Oblivion GotY Edition in CEX today.
    It's a vast and very enjoyable game and this comes with all three pieces of DLC, though the horse armour is so slight an extra it hardly counts, but Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles are far more substantial.
    This is mostly for my son, he has been playing Skyrim to the exclusion of almost anything else, and is looking forward to the DLC for that for Jebusday this year, but he has tried a little bit of Oblivion and enjoyed it, so this will be a nice treat I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Finally got one of these back in my hands for my birthday. She knows me well.

Minty boxes too.

eddhorse wrote: »

Minty boxes too.

All that image lacks is the christmas wrapping paper in flitters around the treasure!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    All that image lacks is the christmas wrapping paper in flitters around the treasure!

I removed them for photographic purposes, never be as good as Steves photos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Minty boxes too.

Glorious get there edd. What a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Minty boxes too.

Happy Birthday Ed!

Why didnt anyone else wish him one you inglorious bastards! :pac:

Always loved the Tron style box art of the original Gameboy, i bet it had quite an effect on customers when they saw it in stores at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Doge wrote: »
    Always loved the Tron style box art of the original Gameboy, i bet it had quite an effect on customers when they saw it in stores at the time.

I was more excited by the contents rather than the cover tbh. Tetris was/is superb on GB.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I was more excited by the contents rather than the cover tbh. Tetris was/is superb on GB.

I preferred it on the GB Pocket though, better screen, great battery life, more compact.
    Same games but better.

Glorious get there edd. What a machine.

Yeah I had it when I was 10 or so I think, so its come full circle.
    Doge wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Ed!
    Why didnt anyone else wish him one you inglorious bastards! :pac:

Thanks for the bday wishes, getting old now.
    I did like that art on the box as well, its in great condition too.

It is in good condition, has a chargeable battery pack and that magnifying front part. All the manuals and boxes are minty fresh, nearly too minty if you get me?
    I used to have Tetris, Kirbys Dream Land, Zelda Link's Awakening and NHL Hockey, so might get another play through of Zelda.

I played it for 20 mins last night, screen takes a bit of getting used to, Its a DMG-01 model, are there rarer models than others or will I go ahead with the backlight mod?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some more Steve Bailey spank material arrived today. Pics later. :pac:

Dreamcast VGA cables came today !
    Need to go nab an old pc monitor now but it looks fine on my TV
    KMH1Kli.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me or have you defiled that game by playing it at 16:9 aspect ratio?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Do my eyes deceive me or have you defiled that game by playing it at 16:9 aspect ratio?

4:3 is tiny on the screen no matter how I set the tele up.
    Getting an auld pc CRT, dont worry :pac:

DOA2 looks gorgeous on it.

need rgb scart cables to post overly large pics of scanlines in the what are you playing thread now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Gunners Heaven is a really fun game and not too difficult to 1cc.

blag wrote: »
    Gunners Heaven is a really fun game and not too difficult to 1cc.

Yeah it's a poor man's Gunstar Heroes but that doesn't make it bad at all and is probably the next best thing to it. It was definitely the highlight of the PS1 launch line up in Europe and a bit of a sickener that the US didn't get it. I remember Violet Berlin rated it as her favourite PS1 game for the year it launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It plays better PAL 50hz and letterboxed.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

The advantage of working in development is that most of my colleagues are or were gamers. Today one of them showed up with this box full of GB and GBA games. his entire collection. Castlevanias, metroids, zeldas, breath of fire, pokemons, astroboy, gunstar, harvest moon, shining force, gunstar heroes, kingdom hearts, advanced war ... about 40 games in total ! I'm stunned.

safe_image.php?d=AQAf20qAt-MHjg_S&w=487&h=487&url=https%3A%2F%2Figcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xaf1%2Ft51.2885-15%2Fe35%2F12105126_1073856295966685_466623923_n.jpg

Well colour me green and call me kermit jealous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

BGOllie wrote: »
    The advantage of working in development is that most of my colleagues are or were gamers. Today one of them showed up with this box full of GB and GBA games. his entire collection. Castlevanias, metroids, zeldas, breath of fire, pokemons, astroboy, gunstar, harvest moon, shining force, gunstar heroes, kingdom hearts, advanced war ... about 40 games in total ! I'm stunned.

https://external-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQAf20qAt-MHjg_S&w=487&h=487&url=https%3A%2F%2Figcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xaf1%2Ft51.2885-15%2Fe35%2F12105126_1073856295966685_466623923_n.jpg

That's a remarkable haul!!! :eek:

If there're any that you already have, let us vultures pick over the duplicates in the marketplace! ;)

Impressive haul... except Lunar Legend. That game needs to be wiped from the face of the planet for what it did to the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yeah I'm still speechless. There's a lot of top games there. all CIB too !!
    I'll try and get a video sorted this weekend

Giz a shot of them Pokemon games yeah? Sound.

Really nice GET though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pfft, I have more than that on my EZ-Flash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement