Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Myrddin wrote: »
    Looks too reflective to be rear-projection (maybe it is??), it's hardly a crt is it?? Or might it be lcd and the guns function as pointers instead of normal crt guns?

Think it is rear projection Mitch said was working when he fired it up but that was many moons ago guess ill have to open her up and have a peek

Holy bejebus.
    Das a hudge beatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That is amazing man! Serious get!

Cheers lads hopefully wont have any surprises when i try to get it going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Wow, that's just epic! Congrats on the awesome find! Post pics / vid of it after you get around restoring it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mother of God!

Tchoin wrote: »
    Wow, that's just epic! Congrats on the awesome find! Post pics / vid of it after you get around restoring it!

Will do im working away from home during the week so time is limited at the minute but will do as much as i can

Master of the Universe

Still in awe . Fair play dude :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Still in awe . Fair play dude :pac:

Imagine getting that up the stairs to the apartment!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Imagine getting that up the stairs to the apartment!

I'll probably end up trying at some point :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Collected this from the parcel motel earlier. Just in time but it'll be tomorrow before I play it. Candle added for extra spoopiness.

2F48708F-B996-48B1-842A-F3F451FA03AA_zps4q1mwawv.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

A few gets from Gamestop. Thought a tenner for Black Flag was decent and picked up the other two for the 3 for 2 offer. No idea what Dungeon Siege is like, Inferno is a poor man's God of War I think. There was probably much better games in the same offer but I was in a rush.

5xOsje8.jpg

Also spotted Nier, had to pick it up after seeing Retr0 bang on about it. Better be worth the 12 quid. :P Never heard of Future Soldier but it was a freebie.

H6R4uVX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Some great sales at the moment alright on PS3/X360 stuff. Dante's Inferno is actually decent enough :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Also spotted Nier, had to pick it up after seeing Retr0 bang on about it. Better be worth the 12 quid. :P

It so is!

FixitFelix wrote: »
    WU4OKNK.jpg
    [/IMG]

so!
    Does it work?
    house of the dead 1 pcb on ukvac for £110
    I dont how how compatable the screens/guns are.
    Hotd 3 is sega chihiro while 1 is SEGA MODEL 2C CRX acording to system16.

Lots of work to do!
    hotd_3_deluxe_cabinet_0.jpg

looks like virtua cop 3 will slot right into it!
    never knew the chihiro was based on the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

people are actually chucking ram into their xbox's to get them to run chihiro games (some of them anyways).

I ordered death by degrees and its on my email from CEX but it seems they have forgotten to give it to me :mad:
    Bottom row is from a chap on adverts who has godlike packaging skills.
    12182506_910942795655756_7346857149079205878_o.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like Ghost Squad will fit in there as well, being also a Chihiro title.
    Ghost_Squad_arcade_flyer.jpg

you can netboot it like the naomi too.

Few cabs in enniskillen on ebay.
    only for the brave....the very brave.
    I thought about it myself but realized these are money pits.
    you'll be spending your money on rotted plywood.
    unless they were 50e each or something

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/hellfire-cab-pole-posistion-midway-wheels_topic348353.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Few cabs in enniskillen on ebay.
    only for the brave....the very brave.
    I thought about it myself but realized these are money pits.
    you'll be spending your money on rotted plywood.
    unless they were 50e each or something

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/hellfire-cab-pole-posistion-midway-wheels_topic348353.html
    WTF bidding is up to £295 on the DK conversion on ebay, what do people think they are bidding on?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262118224996

The pole position isn't that bad, buy it! I'd love a Super off road racer
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pole-Position-Arcade-Cabinet-/262118232401?hash=item3d0776d151:g:qKUAAOSwA4dWMqbY

The DK was a space firebird originally.
    still a nintendo tho.
    monitor is necked too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Think most of those cabs are well beyond economic repair - only for the dedicated.

Let me him hang onto them for another year or so until he sees a bit of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Quick question, heading over to Barcelona next weekend, besides CEX (which I know where they are), are there any retro shops I should drop into? I'm staying near the Gaudi cathedral.

Anyone any recommendations?

Will this work? ? Was gonna ask what other games are compatible? Yes serious amount of work but its not putting me off, just yet ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Think most of those cabs are well beyond economic repair - only for the dedicated.

Let me him hang onto them for another year or so until he sees a bit of sense.

It is nice though, already at £295 :s

Midway wheels is a big beast http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midway-Wheels-Arcade-Cabinet-/262118246809?nav=SEARCH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Quick question, heading over to Barcelona next weekend, besides CEX (which I know where they are), are there any retro shops I should drop into? I'm staying near the Gaudi cathedral.

Anyone any recommendations?

There was a retro game shop a few years back when I checked. I got too preoccupied with other activities anytime I was there to go find it though

I need help, I cant stop buying ps2 games.

4tLPxfX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think Ive see that The Bouncer game in every bargain bin and charity shop Ive ever looked in, is it any good?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I think Ive see that The Bouncer game in every bargain bin and charity shop Ive ever looked in, is it any good?
    I seen the squaresoft logo and it was a fiver so I thought I got away with a steal.
    Its a 3d beat em up with RPG elements but imo it plays far too slow compared to yakuza, even when I forced it to 60hz it was still slow

EDIT : I thought death by degrees would control like tekken for some reason, I wonder why I thought that (it doesn't)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement