Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Death by Degrees is fairly ****e iirc. The Bouncer was fairly crappy as well. It's fun but shallow and over in about 3 hours. I remember people going wild over the previews with amazing new tech like 'people jumping over subway turnstiles' (I kid you not, for some reason the reports always focused on this!). Ended up being another early PS2 disappointment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Bouncer was to be the killer app for the PS2, after a very lacklustre launch.
    Masses of hype did nothing to mask that it was sh1te, it was to be the title to show how essential the PS2 was but did the system no favours at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It so is!

It's fairly decent so far. Just distpatched
    those two gold statue dudes and got the book again
    . :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It's fairly decent so far. Just distpatched
    those two gold statue dudes and got the book again
    . :)

The production values are ropey and the basic combat is, well, basic but keep at it. It goes to some seriously weird places storywise and in terms of changing up the gameplay. Also I can't stress how important new game plus is to enjoying the story. Best use of new game plus since chrono trigger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was over in Glasgow for training with work so got to pop into game which was nice. Got this because it was cheap and also was in time for a Pokemon event which we rarely get over here :)

21B86914-5302-441F-9817-0034E4796F39_zps3hmba0l0.jpg

And now to fly back over to the uk in the wee hours to see motley crue. I wonder if I can get them to sign a copy of crue ball....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I got to say, I find myself enjoying collecting for the PS2 , surprisingly. Some good titles and it's fairly easy to find a lot of games at charity shops and car boot sales still.

I kind of picked up everything on PS2 since by that stage I had money. There's a few weird obscurities still to pick up and I need to pick up NTSC versions of the ****ty PAL conversions (Persona 3 and 4 being in 50 Hz in ****ing 2007, **** you Square Enix). Still I'm always finding something I don't have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The PS2 has one of the most incredibly diverse software libraries.
    Also, it is probably one of the great comeback kings, given just how pants it's opening launch software was, Fantavision excepted, though the PS3 gave it a run for it's money.
    Everytime you think you've everything you have ever wanted on it, you see something in CEX or some Jap or US release gets mentioned and off I go again, buying for the format.

I wouldn't call it a comeback king. The launch and post launch line up was absolute dirt but it kept selling just because of the name and that MGS2 E3 footage. PS3 was a bigger comeback king, sure the system was flooding stock rooms of videogame stores months after launch.

WTF bidding is up to £295 on the DK conversion on ebay, what do people think they are bidding on?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262118224996
    hash=item3d0776d151:g:qKUAAOSwA4dWMqbY[/url]

350 now!

• Advertisement

MGS2 footage, of the prologue!
    Then the blessed mulleted one disappeared to be replaced by that Raiden twonk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Friend in Spain came up trumps big time for me. It doesn't come up too often as it was only released in Spain and in limited numbers. It certainly doesn't appear on UK sites that much and when it does it's for big bucks. In terms of loose carts it's close to grail and a boxed version certainly is.

2uze69x.jpg

Finally found a ness Amiibo in Birmingham. Seems to be perpetually out of stock here, even after re-stocks

161E1B5C-FCAC-4EF8-BD14-85129196CAEB_zpscvgfv8fm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Finally found a ness Amiibo in Birmingham. Seems to be perpetually out of stock here, even after re-stocks

161E1B5C-FCAC-4EF8-BD14-85129196CAEB_zpscvgfv8fm.jpg

Did you not move to Canada? Birmingham?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Did you not move to Canada? Birmingham?

No Canada is not until next year. Have been in the Glasgow & Birmingham for the past few days but back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Few thing I got this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Corholio wrote: »
    Friend in Spain came up trumps big time for me. It doesn't come up too often as it was only released in Spain and in limited numbers. It certainly doesn't appear on UK sites that much and when it does it's for big bucks. In terms of loose carts it's close to grail and a boxed version certainly is.

2uze69x.jpg
    I used to play that from time to time but found it fairly confusing, not sure if it generally was or if it was just me since, never heard anyone talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

what a day! Guy on donedeal had a boxed master system (untested but works fine after I checked) for €20 . drove over and when I arrived he had that atari for another €20 and threw in the extra carts and manuals with it. Stopped at a charity shop on the way back, picked Jak II for ps2 and the lady told me she had more playstation games. Went to the back room where she had two boxes full of ps2 type cases and walked out with about 30 ps2 titles and some gamecube sports games all a euro each.
    12208424_10153737079828276_97577795644726484_n.jpg?oh=f4d52665571c2811f8120d936db2ccee&oe=56C422FA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I used to play that from time to time but found it fairly confusing, not sure if it generally was or if it was just me since, never heard anyone talking about it.

It's a pretty bizarre, dreadful enough game. Half the game has nothing to do with the movie either. Certainly for collecting reasons only I would say.

The movie it's based on is bonkers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's by far one of the rarest PAL snes games but doesn't really ever get mentioned, bit of a weird one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

BGOllie wrote: »
    what a day! Guy on donedeal had a boxed master system (untested but works fine after I checked) for €20 . drove over and when I arrived he had that atari for another €20 and threw in the extra carts and manuals with it. Stopped at a charity shop on the way back, picked Jak II for ps2 and the lady told me she had more playstation games. Went to the back room where she had two boxes full of ps2 type cases and walked out with about 30 ps2 titles and some gamecube sports games all a euro each.
    12208424_10153737079828276_97577795644726484_n.jpg?oh=f4d52665571c2811f8120d936db2ccee&oe=56C422FA
    Great haul, i expect another game chasing video !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Just thought id ask here, how does the price sound for this saturn bundle? He's looking for €140
    http://www.adverts.ie/9230181

Cheers lads

As they are boxed it's probably worth it, plus Virtua Cop and the gun as well as Sega Rally and Manx TT is great.
    Daytona on offer is the lesser of the two available, it looks better yes but plays worse.
    If you do buy it shift the games you don't want as a lot or in RAGE and buy the likes of Panzer Dragoon and its sequel, as well as get Nights and the analog controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    As they are boxed it's probably worth it, plus Virtua Cop and the gun as well as Sega Rally and Manx TT is great.
    Daytona on offer is the lesser of the two available, it looks better yes but plays worse.
    If you do buy it shift the games you don't want as a lot or in RAGE and buy the likes of Panzer Dragoon and its sequel, as well as get Nights and the analog controller

Cheers man

You'd want to get it modded. A Saturn at 50hz is a crime against humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Some nice importy goodness arrived today:

Damn, that's a real nice stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, that's a real nice stick.

Bet you say that to all the guys :D

• Advertisement

Bet you say that to all the guys :D

No, they get the wrong idea.
    So, instead, I hang around in soccer team locker rooms and comment on their balls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement