Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Im really tempted to get a saturn off jap ebay, the yellowed ones are pretty cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

airmax87 wrote: »
    Im really tempted to get a saturn off jap ebay, the yellowed ones are pretty cheap.

Prob stupid questions but is the Saturn region locked? and how much you lookin at, including post an packaging and import tax an stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Prob stupid questions but is the Saturn region locked? and how much you lookin at, including post an packaging and import tax an stuff?

They are region locked, though the much recommended 4 in 1 Action Replay cart takes care of that so you don't need to mod the console (plus the beauty of a Jap one means it's running at 60Hz so you're all set)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nothing special, just some plywood in the back seat for the rear of the arcade machine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice little MD game incoming, nothing to compare to some of the mighty gets here, but it'll do for me!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nice little MD game incoming, nothing to compare to some of the mighty gets here, but it'll do for me!

Wiley Wars? Pulseman? Rolo to the Rescue?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Wiley Wars? Pulseman? Rolo to the Rescue?

Or Greendog the Beached Surfer Dude !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Myrddin wrote: »
    They are region locked, though the much recommended 4 in 1 Action Replay cart takes care of that so you don't need to mod the console (plus the beauty of a Jap one means it's running at 60Hz so you're all set)

Cool, thanks for that. I've been thinking about picking a Saturn up for a while now. EBay Japan is a bit, well, I can't can't anything lol.

Any recommendations on where I should be looking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Cool, thanks for that. I've been thinking about picking a Saturn up for a while now. EBay Japan is a bit, well, I can't can't anything lol.

Any recommendations on where I should be looking?

I've tried it a few times. No matter whether I try English, or Japanese (from a non google translate search) I can't find a thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Here's one for just under €50 posted

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171973182657&globalID=EBAY-IE

You're probably better off using yahoo auctions instead if Japanese eBay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eddhorse wrote: »
    Or Greendog the Beached Surfer Dude !

Seriously, **** that game. I managed to finish it back in the day, not sure how I managed it without falling into a boredom coma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I've tried it a few times. No matter whether I try English, or Japanese (from a non google translate search) I can't find a thing!

Have you tried Buyee just went on there typed in sega saturn and there's loads in the auction

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seriously, **** that game. I managed to finish it back in the day, not sure how I managed it without falling into a boredom coma.

Yeah i remember it from back in the day , it was a mother fooker ! Annoying as hell.

Arrived this morning, happy days
    bi6YEM6m.jpg

Not new exactly, but I got this SFC there recently (thanks again CosmicSmash) which was badly yellowed. Thanks to some peroxide-related voodoo, it's now ready to join the collection. The holy trinity is complete!

^^ Oops, wrong thread. Fixed now!

"One of these kids is doing his own thing, two of these kids are kind of the same...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

It's here! It's here! My Chibi Robo Zip Lash amiibo bundle

Just picked this up through yahoo auctions, add says its working but ill wait until it arrives :-)
    Says little use but id be surprised if its that minty.
    Didnt cost much so won't take much of a hit if its not.
    tUEiyv2.jpg
    tA8w8rz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FixitFelix wrote: »

First import from Japan so. You'll find that if you get something from japan in 'fair' used condition it will more often than not arrive with a just out of the factory sheen off it and a microscopic crease in the top right corner of the manual.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FixitFelix wrote: »

First import from Japan so. You'll find that if you get something from japan in 'fair' used condition it will more often than not arrive with a just out of the factory sheen off it and a microscopic crease in the top right corner of the manual.
    Well hopefully so, if all goes well i might pick up a few more consoles, seller had great feedback over 8,000 items sold so should be ok

It's here! It's here! My Chibi Robo Zip Lash amiibo bundle

So, is it any good?
    I hear the game is m'eh but the amiibo is lovely.

So, is it any good?
    I hear the game is m'eh but the amiibo is lovely.
    I'm still playing SMTIV so I won't get around to it for awhile.
    I wasn't expecting an amazing CR game anyway, with the change in gameplay and the GC one is just so hard to compete again tbf. I'm getting refunded a tenner as well, I can't complain.
    On the subject of the amiboo, it's pretty cool, very shiny. I might post a few more photos later.
    I'll have to work on my Jenny cosplay now lol ribbitribbit
    tumblr_m9y4btdCBo1qlhoglo1_r5_250.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 j12gerst4

got a new pair of shoes. woo

A few Chibi Robo amiibo photos

Thanks to Mitch.

Stuck in the hall for now as it cant fit through any doors. Have to take the back sliding door off :s

Its a slippery slope this arcade machine habit.

A few Chibi Robo amiibo photos

You just know Chibi Robo will come alive at night and have adventures in your house while you sleep.

You just know Chibi Robo will come alive at night and have adventures in your house while you sleep.
    I wish he'd clean my room and talk to my teddies *sigh* someday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's be nice if he went around and tidied the place up while I sleep!

Why are new games so damn expensive?! Was going to go pick up the new need for speed this week but it's €60+ everywhere. €75 in hmv/GameStop. €70 in Smyths and €63 in Argos. I don't mind €50 or so for a new game but over €60 I feel is taking the pistachio a bit. The crap sterling exchange rate rules out Amazon and the like. I guess I'll just hold out and hope for some Black Friday deals at the end of the month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement