Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's pretty much exactly gran turismo 4 but with bikes so worth a try if you like the GT series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think it was outclassed by the early MotoGP games, on the Xbox, the use of triggers as front and back brakes was brilliant, I played Tourist Trophy later on and it looked great but just didn't play as nicely, for me at least.
    Even TT Superbikes and it's sequel on the PS2 were better, at least impressive for their reproduction of the iconic track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Japanese sellers are the best!

15336049-72D4-445B-B88C-CC3D2A94424B_zpsrffty0d8.jpg

Got this in the post this morning. Suzuki bakuhatsu. Puzzler game where she's constantly running into bombs and has to deactivate them. Haven't seen it come up for sale too often so picked it up for a good price.

C6B3D219-2067-4184-A54A-AA6E0A606425_zps2nkkcpt5.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Suzuki bakuhatsu myself in japan. It's proper mental but in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think it was outclassed by the early MotoGP games, on the Xbox, the use of triggers as front and back brakes was brilliant, I played Tourist Trophy later on and it looked great but just didn't play as nicely, for me at least.
    Even TT Superbikes and it's sequel on the PS2 were better, at least impressive for their reproduction of the iconic track.
    Could you flip yourself over the handlebars if you slammed on the front brake?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

It's be nice if he went around and tidied the place up while I sleep!

Why are new games so damn expensive?! Was going to go pick up the new need for speed this week but it's €60+ everywhere. €75 in hmv/GameStop. €70 in Smyths and €63 in Argos. I don't mind €50 or so for a new game but over €60 I feel is taking the pistachio a bit. The crap sterling exchange rate rules out Amazon and the like. I guess I'll just hold out and hope for some Black Friday deals at the end of the month.

This is the reason I only really use ' last gen ' consoles for console gaming ..at least the stuff is cheap when its a few years old and preowned.
    otherwise its PC and Steam/Gog and sales all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Dr Bob wrote: »
    This is the reason I only really use ' last gen ' consoles for console gaming ..at least the stuff is cheap when its a few years old and preowned.
    otherwise its PC and Steam/Gog and sales all the way.

I have yet to buy a physical game for my PS4, and 90% the games you get with PS+ are all "SOOOOOOOOOOO RETRO AND NERDY " indie games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm doing what I did last gen. Wait 6-12 months until they are 10-15 euros in sales.

You might call me a cheapo but I'm just so disinterested in boring Triple A muck that I usually end up playing something old or good or an indie game these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Couple of things I have added to my Slightly Smaller collection....

Sitting attached to my Spectrum
    DivMMC-EnJOY-Black-Edition-with-mozaik-300x300_zpsrmcemwvp.jpg

Attached to my Commodore 64....

C64_zpsfgb9dz3m.jpg

Sitting in my Atari ST....This will work on Atari ST/Amiga & Amstrads

_12_zps6nyqqb3v.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We'll change the name of the forum to "Arcade, Retro and SD card"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Got this beauty in the mail today!

22704207899_595745bac3_b.jpg

23082825872_5fa6527bee_b.jpg

And also this awesome Skull Kid figure :D

23070415906_d52d39a22d_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Sitting in my Atari ST....This will work on Atari ST/Amiga & Amstrads
    _12_zps6nyqqb3v.jpg

Oooo, flashed with the HxC2001 firmware? Much of a premium on the price for it with the basic firmware?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This is as close to retro as I get these days, 360 games. A single copy of it came into stock online in CEX so nabbed it. Be fecked if I was paying ebay prices.

kqXjTIk.jpg

I also couldn't resist picking this up when I saw it in Smyths, the quality is great. And, eh, he's fun to play in the game too! :pac:

diH2ReU.jpg

gGLand7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Tchoin wrote: »
    Got this beauty in the mail today!

22704207899_595745bac3_b.jpg

23082825872_5fa6527bee_b.jpg

Ohhh thats nice

Some of those last heady days of the PS2, GC and Xbox, before the following generation of consoles siphoned off all the development efforts, the games were amazing looking.
    While not a fan of the later series entries, Burnout Revenge on the Xbox and PS2 looked as good as next gen. Another was the aforementioned Moto GP 2 and 3 on the original Xbox, incredible title. They went on to make sequels on the 360 asked later the still sublime Split/Second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    While not a fan of the later series entries, Burnout Revenge on the Xbox and PS2 looked as good as next gen.

my favorite racing game of all time, was playing it a few months back and it hasn't aged at all.

throw in PGR3 and NFS: Most Wanted and Forza, and it was a very good year for racing games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm going through a ps phase at the moment, there's so many great games available across ps1&2. A lot can be bought for reasonable prices if you shop around. This is getting a lot of play at the moment. It's like under water metal slug, the bosses are huge and everything is beautifully drawn, highly recommended.

P1070191_zps6eux9ovz.jpg

P1070218_zpserqicvxy.jpg

P1070221_zpsugdhgsy6.jpg

I picked up some other ps games from Steve Bailey, all in glorious 60hz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's one fantastic game alright. **** hard though. The hitbox feels quite large against everything happening on screen. Really comes to life being played on a cab if you can ever get The Last Bandit to part with one of those jammacons :D

I only have the Saturn version myself and unfortunately it suffers from a lot of slowdown, not sure about the PS1 version. Was on the lookout for a PCB for ages.

After that, Irem went on to create Gunforce II and then Metal Slug. Undercover Cops also has a really similar visual style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

The last boss is incredible too. Eyeballs and uppercuts!

Master of the Universe

blag wrote: »
    The last boss is incredible too. Eyeballs and uppercuts!

Don't tell me you've 1cced that too? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's one fantastic game alright. **** hard though. The hitbox feels quite large against everything happening on screen. Really comes to life being played on a cab if you can ever get The Last Bandit to part with one of those jammacons :D

I only have the Saturn version myself and unfortunately it suffers from a lot of slowdown, not sure about the PS1 version. Was on the lookout for a PCB for ages.

After that, Irem went on to create Gunforce II and then Metal Slug. Undercover Cops also has a really similar visual style.

Aye, when I see that game the first thing that comes to mind is it's crap hard - your ship feels way too big after playing other shmups. It's been a while since I've been on AO or shmups but it's not an expensive PCB as far as I remember. Goregous looking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Don't tell me you've 1cced that too? :pac:

No, but I might give it a proper try sometime, it's a great game.

Pretty sure the slowdown in the game is comparable to the arcade release. Saturn version is supposedly the one to go for, the PS1 is missing tonnes of animation frames.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pretty sure the slowdown in the game is comparable to the arcade release. Saturn version is supposedly the one to go for, the PS1 is missing tonnes of animation frames.

It's the Saturn version that suffers from the slow down, the ps has a more constant rate. I preferred that and imagine most people would.

It's the Saturn version that suffers from the slow down, the ps has a more constant rate. I preferred that and imagine most people would.

Yeah, In The Hunt is one of those rare sprite based games that runs better on Sony hardware, it's amazing, one of my favourite shooters, so many lovely touches, from the spirals of bubbles from the suped up torpedoes to the death animation of your sub, class.

Master of the Universe

The Saturn version is an arcade perfect conversion, in that it has all of the slowdown from the arcade game. :pac:

The PS1 version cuts out some frames of animation so that the game runs quicker but it's actually no longer arcade perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Oh them jammacons are available alright :) Just started to selling a few of them, nobody else had the power problem Steve had with his cab so putting it down to an incompatible psu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Oh them jammacons are available alright :) Just started to selling a few of them, nobody else had the power problem Steve had with his cab so putting it down to an incompatible psu.

Yeah, I think my psu might be a bit sh1te. Must send that back to you actually.

Edit:
    For anyone looking to get one of these, all I can say is you rarely see something like this so well put together. Mr Final bandit, you really need to put a bit of clear Acrylic on the top and bottom of these and attach with a few screws. You can then charge crazy arcadeforge prices :0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think my psu might be a bit sh1te. Must send that back to you actually.

Ah you can hold onto it, must be of use some day :D

• Advertisement

Are you listing them in the marketplace, I didn't know you had them finished and for sale yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement