Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They're seriously one of the best ever adapter thingies created for a jamma harness.

Coupled with a Saturn and its heaven.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think my psu might be a bit sh1te. Must send that back to you actually.

Edit:
    For anyone looking to get one of these, all I can say is you rarely see something like this so well put together. Mr Final bandit, you really need to put a bit of clear Acrylic on the top and bottom of these and attach with a few screws. You can then charge crazy arcadeforge prices :0)

Can't remember what they look like but are there holes at the pcb corners to screw feet to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Added a blog entry for it, need to update with more pics and videos of it working at some stage.

Ya got 4 holes on the corners for mounting on a plank, never really got into the whole arcylic sandwiching stuff !!

Added a blog entry for it, need to update with more pics and videos of it working at some stage.

Ya got 4 holes on the corners for mounting on a plank, never really got into the whole arcylic sandwiching stuff !!

Cheers. Yeah I'm not pushed about an acrylic housing since it would be mounted inside a cab.

I'm willing to bet I've asked this before but the daughter boards - I'm guessing there's a modified controller cable (not shown) connecting the console controller port to those white connectors on the daughter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yes cables to hookup to the console controller ports are supplied :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Ordered another RGB scart cable for the wii (lets hope this one actually works properly) and VF3tb for my jap dreamcast.

and some manga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

After all my moaning I went ahead and got this. Albeit for a more reasonable €47 using flubit and parcel wizard.

56696EE5-F7CE-40C1-96E4-00F83B3BFA7E_zpsnisd2gjn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hopefully it's better than the reviews suggest.
    there's only one NFS I need though

need_for_speed_most_wanted_frontcover_small_dnCrMn5b6onqcWk.gif

Im so good at underground 1 , I can break the AI.
    I would be leading by a good half of a lap, then when braking for one corner one of the ai cars would speed past me and speeds not achievable by the car even with it fully modded.
    I think it's called rubber banding no ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

airmax87 wrote: »
    Im so good at underground 1 , I can break the AI.
    I would be leading by a good half of a lap, then when braking for one corner one of the ai cars would speed past me and speeds not achievable by the car even with it fully modded.
    I think it's called rubber banding no ?

Yeah that's rubber banding. And actually the reason I rage quit underground 1 at the second last race :P could do a perfect lap with a fully modded car yet still would be just beaten on the last lap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So after a long week of trying to sort everything out including transport organising and door removing, finally got delivery of Mitch's (via kev2me) Astro City yesterday.

2rorzv9.jpg

Been an absolute joy playing the likes of Sunset Riders, Super Side Kicks and Captain Commando on a cabinet again for the first time in probably about 10+ years.

A few people to thank but hopefully it won't sound all...

tumblr_lmo4o6sP6i1qeq7gro1_1280.gif

Mitch for the initial deal of course, Ciderman for the extremely kind original offer to bring it down, Edd for the advice and kev2me for bringing it down and storing it until I could organise pick up for it, very much appreciated for all the advice too. Ye are all a credit to boards in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great stuff well done.

Super to see it in position, i was wondering what had happened to it.

I had to remove my rear sliding door, initially fitted in the front door but not through any internal doors.

Onwards and upwards, slippery slope.
    Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Corholio wrote: »
    So after a long week of trying to sort everything out including transport organising and door removing, finally got delivery of Mitch's (via kev2me) Astro City yesterday.

2rorzv9.jpg

Been an absolute joy playing the likes of Sunset Riders, Super Side Kicks and Captain Commando on a cabinet again for the first time in probably about 10+ years.

A few people to thank but hopefully it won't sound all...

tumblr_lmo4o6sP6i1qeq7gro1_1280.gif

Mitch for the initial deal of course, Ciderman for the extremely kind original offer to bring it down, Edd for the advice and kev2me for bringing it down and storing it until I could organise pick up for it, very much appreciated for all the advice too. Ye are all a credit to boards in fairness.

Cork beers? :pac:

Although i think we all know Kev2me's place aka The Savoy 90s arcade would be the place for it in Cork!

eddhorse wrote: »
    Great stuff well done.

Super to see it in position, i was wondering what had happened to it.

I had to remove my rear sliding door, initially fitted in the front door but not through any internal doors.

Onwards and upwards, slippery slope.
    Ed

Funnily enough I had the opposite initial problem, wouldn't fit in the outside door (as i suspected from measuring beforehand) so had to be removed and just about sneaked in, but it flew through the internal doors.

One day I'll have a naomi..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

airmax87 wrote: »
    One day I'll have a naomi..

MTE5NDg0MDU1MjUxNjgyODMx.jpg

or

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoK6D8l_n773qMaOSIoj03y9PoqmnHrjECw60CLlzSEFQEGDk7

the second one, but not with those manky balltops

Not mad about the 3 button layout on them - first two buttons are practically vertical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Enjoyed a good month and a half in terms of buying games.

PS2 games I've bought between the middle of October and November;
    1Y69wLG.jpg?1

And I also added 20 euro to my preorder to get this nifty little bundle with Fallout 4;
    eRW44FLl.jpg
    OrxihwEl.jpg
    v7WgECRl.jpg

I'm currently waiting on the Prima Games "Vault Dweller's Survival Guide" Book to arrive at my door, to add to it.

Been a good month for me :)

Update - Book arrived today and she's lookin' lovely;
    C0G0gy3l.jpg

I just got a super famicom with 2 controllers off ebay for 48 quid shipped , and a madcatz te stick on cex for 55. :D

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Does anyone else hate the massive CEX stickers they put on their boxes? Ridiculously hard to get off too.
    Come off fairly easy for me, although my room is littered with them.

sugarman wrote: »
    Does anyone else hate the massive CEX stickers they put on their boxes? Ridiculously hard to get off too.

WD40 according to a guy on Game Chasers.
    Worked well for me when I tried.

Doge wrote: »
    WD40 according to a guy on Game Chasers.
    Worked well for me when I tried.

WD40 is amazing for getting off stickers off anything. Be careful with putting it near any other label you dont want to come off, it spreads like mad. A cotton bud dipped in it will work good.

369562.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

My girlfriend had some charity sale in work for dvds, books and I asked her to get any games that came in

VAYXVlE.jpg

Hopefully I can get some more retro games off her co workers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Been sniffing for a copy of RE: Darkside Chronicles for a while. It's in my "I'd pick it up at retail if it's cheap, but I'm too lazy to hunt it down online" list.

Also probably damning indictment of my priorities in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

anyone played RE: Darkside Chronicles, what's it like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They're light-gun games obviously, but they're ok, enjoyable enough. Bugged me a little where they deviated from the plot of the original games, but it's pretty well done and nicely put together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can get both RE Chronicles titles as HD remasters on the PS3, via the PS Store, for about €19.99 or so.
    Not the same as a physical release and you'll have to own an infernal PS Move to play them properly, but they are supposed to look fantastic.
    Sadly there's no Guncon 3 support, supplanted by Sony's own motion tech, which is a pity.

Also out there is House of the Dead 4, which is only available via PSN apparently. I don't think this was seen outside of the arcades, I think the franchise went with HotD Overkill for the home consoles instead, beginning with the Wii and later the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

HotD: Overkill was superb, most enjoyable light gun game I've ever played. That ending though... :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement