Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Star Lord wrote: »
    HotD: Overkill was superb, most enjoyable light gun game I've ever played. That ending though... :eek:

I love how the warden, and the game's ending, was motivated entirely as a payoff to a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

So, I have a tendency to be extremely lucky with online purchases.

When I bought the GB Micro Famicom Edition, the seller mistakenly sent a loose one with a few games (I had payed for a boxed one), on regular mail from Japan (so it just arrived today). A few days after sending it he realized that, and he sent the boxed one via EMS which arrived shortly.

He said I could keep both, as it was no deal for him to get it back paying 2 shippings + EMS for the other one.

23176609892_9830e93e1b_b.jpg

I do feel a bit guilty though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tchoin wrote: »

When I bought the GB Micro Famicom Edition, the seller mistakenly sent a loose one with a few games (I had payed for a boxed one), on regular mail from Japan (so it just arrived today). A few days after sending it he realized that, and he sent the boxed one via EMS which arrived shortly.

He said I could keep both, as it was no deal for him to get it back paying 2 shippings + EMS for the other one.

23176609892_9830e93e1b_b.jpg[IMG]I do feel a bit guilty though :([/img]
    Not guilty enough to offer to sell it here and Paypal him the money though... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

He must have confused you with Steve X2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Jeez they are nice😠christmas boards raffle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Thargor wrote: »
    Not guilty enough to offer to sell it here and Paypal him the money though... :D

ah... but the wife is growing fond of it already! :rolleyes:

now all I need is to get some good multiplayer games and a link cable :pac:

ah... but the wife is growing fond of it already! :rolleyes:

now all I need is to get some good multiplayer games and a link cable :pac:
    Best one I ever had was when I ordered a cheap finderscope for $15 on Ebay for my telescope and it came in a massive box along with one of these, $200:

skyscout.jpg

The guy sounded so upset in his emails that I forwarded it on to Germany for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

23176609892_9830e93e1b_b.jpg

I do feel a bit guilty though :(

I'll happily take one off your hands :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mod Note: As if it needs to be said,
    No buying and selling outside the Marketplace or Adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mod Note: As if it needs to be said,
    No buying and selling outside the Marketplace or Adverts.

No buying/selling here chief :p

Just think they're really nice devices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Havent bought anything retro in a while with the attic\kitchen works going on, but ive been after this for ages and it popped up on ebay boxed so couldnt resist.

image3.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I got wii RGB SCART cables during the summer and I think they had a sync issue, but because they were so cheap I just assumed it was a bad one off and I ordered another set last week, same problem.
    Only shows greens and purples when I set my trinitron to RGB mode.

..Virtua fighter on the other hand works great.

0H2xc8d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Havent bought anything retro in a while with the attic\kitchen works going on, but ive been after this for ages and it popped up on ebay boxed so couldnt resist.

Excellent! I loved those things as a kid. Looks to be in great condition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

image3.jpeg

No way! there is a blast from the past, I have one of these, well I should still have it :) Got it for Christmas many (many) moons ago. Was always kicking around the house.

EDIT: Holy **** the prices these are going for. Well I know what I'll be rooting around the old house next week for so ha ha

Ashens reviewed it:

My only recollection of it is staring at it in an Argos or Smyths catalog back in the day and being willing to sell my soul for Santa to bring one but then I saw one in action in Dunnes Stores in Galway and was gutted at how completely lame it was :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

found this for a €1 in one of my charity shop rounds. a found Rayman M for p2s

12310691_10153771338338276_5803229235584855260_n.jpg?oh=2b07bc6181d090f4c82448c445a2d010&oe=56AE994A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

image3.jpeg

God I had one of these when I was a kid too! Loved it. I'm sure its in storage somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Me too! Except mine was different, it. Had pop up lights at the friend that had bulbs in them, and im pretty sure the course was much longer than that short loop in ashens video.

Theres actually a video of me playing it on VHS!

I might upload it for the craic.

Speaking of VHS digitising, would a Hauppage PVR give decent quality or are you better off getting it done professionally?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I said I'd curtail retro game buying until Xmas... Should have known better.

A very expensive impulse purchase arrived today.

55ToKNul.jpg

Remember thinking full price was too much when it was released and waiting for the price to drop... The opposite happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Hopefully we'll see Border Down on Steam at some point if Strania does okay for G.rev. It's a game that deserves more recognition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd always put that into the 'hori shmups Retr0gamer thinks are a piece of ****' category.

The 'boarder select' thing is crap. The visuals and design are crap and wreak of euro shmup....yeah it's a piece of crap.

edit: Just to note, It's rare so I fully approve of this purchase :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah I really like it. Graphics are a bit naff and border select is a load of ballox but I think the gameplay is pretty good. Also I'll take any decent hori these days, they are a rare breed amid the countless bullet hell shooters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah I really like it. Graphics are a bit naff and border select is a load of ballox but I think the gameplay is pretty good. Also I'll take any decent hori these days, they are a rare breed amid the countless bullet hell shooters.

Now that you have invested in it a HD physical release will follow shortly, including an extras CD and a Soundtrack, and all for €20....

Under Defeat HD anyone? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Haven't played the sly series before so picked this up. Also the vita has been severely neglected as of late.

9E1D70C0-FA8B-4350-AC11-AB5BAE943876_zpscgujv9yh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Neither arcade nor retro but picked these up over the weekend.

12314037_10208497760664327_6077809335373254596_n.jpg?oh=55007e5af2dd6c54db041fa563108d66&oe=56EB3388

Really loving Guitar Hero's new interface... certainly brings something new to the table.

Also being able to play along to a streaming "Live" music TV station is kinda cool also. I'm so glad that paying for DLC is no longer a thing with this service and you can just play whatever they happen to have online to stream.

The Lego Dimensions set is all kinds of awesome though. My first time ever really building Lego too so that was kinda fun. Mainly spent stupid money on it in order to play the Doctor Who level(s) but the general story to the game is pretty good too.

I can see myself picking up one or two level packs each month to get the most out of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

MrVestek wrote: »
    ...My first time ever really building Lego too so that was kinda fun.

You never played with Lego as a kid?? The feck sort of childhood was that! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    ...My first time ever really building Lego too so that was kinda fun.

You never played with Lego as a kid?? The feck sort of childhood was that! :(
    A childhood spent watching Power Rangers and Star Trek.

Was never really into Lego when I was a kid really... then again we were too poor at the time for any of the sets so it kinda passed me by.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

A childhood spent watching Power Rangers and Star Trek.

Was never really into Lego when I was a kid really... then again we were too poor at the time for any of the sets so it kinda passed me by.

There was no such thing as Lego sets back when I was a kid - just different coloured bricks. Not the fancy (& crazy expensive) themed stuff like today. :)

Looking forward to seeing Dimensions in the flesh on Christmas day. I think Santa is also bringing the Back to the Future level pack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Great day for me , I got a job, a more or less new madcatz TE for 50 quid, and some mango.

hAQt9WF.jpg

fDL5cXC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

airmax87 wrote: »
    Great day for me , I got a job, a more or less new madcatz TE for 50 quid, and some mango.

Good work sir, definitely one of the best fruits out there ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement