Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

airmax87 wrote: »
    and some mango.

fDL5cXC.jpg
    One of my favourites, only read 1 volume but loved the anime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

One of my favourites, only read 1 volume but loved the anime
    I never considered reading manga ever (anime is handier :)) but I loved azumanga so much I bought this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok so not really videogame related but just picked this up from the Parcel Motel beside the job:

12311304_10208513600580315_3346560505307160368_n.jpg?oh=50c6ecf796573759365adaa4a4ad887a&oe=56F14554&__gda__=1459159664_e81447c61ee607739c749281d72f3edd

Universal remote control in the shape of a Sonic Screwdriver.
    Don't ask me how much I paid for it. One of my Christmas presents to myself.
    Can't wait to get home and start programming it. It's almost on prop replica levels of quality too.

Really happy with it.

Id hate to try and control my setup with that.
    I've had one of these for the last 7/8 years
    CRW_6752.jpg
    Paid 300e for the first one I had.
    when that got worn out after 6 years I got a brand new one on adverts for 30e !

It's bought more for the fact that it's a very close prop replica that doesn't cost silly money.

Being able to control stuff with it is just a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.

I'm not even the biggest fan of Medal of Honor or Prince of Persia. But I love having game series in bulk

V9o44RSh.jpg

.......and I couldn't turn down that Trilogy box. And it's in excellent condition :D

NQX6sPEh.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sands of Time is fantastic, well done

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Underneath the god awful emo aesthetic and the fact that it takes a complete dump on the brilliant original there's a very good game in Warrior Within. I really enjoyed the third game as well but the first for me will always be the best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sugarman wrote: »
    Need to blow off some steam...

..was watching something on ebay a few days, something I was after that doesnt pop up too much. Seller wouldnt ship to Ireland or N.I, mainland UK only. Grand, I have a work address I can ship to.

Watching the clock go down, bids are still very low, wait till its down a few seconds to throw mine in.

"Sorry, this seller does not ship to your address"

BAAAAALLLLS:mad:

...Never changed it:(

Happened to me twice when looking for Trip World. 3 years later I finally got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I think we need a No Get City thread for grieving purposes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Double post.

Went a bit mad on ps2 games recently thanks to CEX and Amazon, some 'gems' in here I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think CeX are actually starting to phase out their ps2 games :(

I think CeX are actually starting to phase out their ps2 games :(

Yeah I noticed that. Ps2 area was striped clean today, but was full yesterday at lunch time.

A few weeks back their psp section on liffy St was empty then a couple days later they had 100s of psp games and still have a good batch there now.

Same for the ps3 which I thought was very strange. I did ask why and one of the guys who works there said that if certain games don't sell down the country they send them to the bigger store to get rid of them, overflow I guess. Makes sense, and sure people buy online from them all the time.

Pity they don't have any Gamecube games there anymore but they tend to sell as soon as they are put on their systems. Used to find all the GCN gems in there up untill maybe last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they used to have some hidden gems in the (original) Xbox section too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up one of these recently. Its lot rougher than this one but being looking for an Apple II for a while now and this was dirt cheap :)

400px-Apple_IIc_Plus_(side).jpg

they used to have some hidden gems in the (original) Xbox section too.

They did! But more people are starting to collect for the OX over the past year or two so I think prices are starting to jump up. Was a good system.

I have a soft modded OX, but the temptation to collect for it is getting stronger all the time

😀, should have started years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up one of these recently. Its lot rougher than this one but being looking for an Apple II for a while now and this was dirt cheap :)

400px-Apple_IIc_Plus_(side).jpg

SOooo WHITE!!!
    My Eyes, They are burning!!!!
    They did! But more people are starting to collect for the OX over the past year or two so I think prices are starting to jump up. Was a good system.

I have a soft modded OX, but the temptation to collect for it is getting stronger all the time

😀, should have started years ago.

So, they're calling an Xbox an OX now... when did the kids start this gad'arn it!
    Where's my velocipede, I'm going to McBirney's to buy one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    SOooo WHITE!!!

So, they're calling an Xbox an OX now... when did the kids start this gad'arn it!

Fear not, the one I got is far from white !!

SOooo WHITE!!!

LOL I did, just there, trademarked! Sick of writing Original Xbox, so OX does it now for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Yeah I noticed that. Ps2 area was striped clean today, but was full yesterday at lunch time.

A few weeks back their psp section on liffy St was empty then a couple days later they had 100s of psp games and still have a good batch there now.

Same for the ps3 which I thought was very strange. I did ask why and one of the guys who works there said that if certain games don't sell down the country they send them to the bigger store to get rid of them, overflow I guess. Makes sense, and sure people buy online from them all the time.

Pity they don't have any Gamecube games there anymore but they tend to sell as soon as they are put on their systems. Used to find all the GCN gems in there up untill maybe last year.

A whole bunch sent to the new shop on Georges street cleaned out most stores.

99.9% of cube games are bought online as they appear (within minutes usually) appearing elsewhere. With a higher pricetag.

Also near Christmas sections get completely cleared out, Wii sections could have 5 games left at Christmas but be bursting at the seems at Halloween.

I lost my copy of FF7 (and ff9, and some other ps1 and 2 titles) when I moved about 5 years ago, and the steam version looks shyt on a 1920x1080 monitor, so I picked it up again for PS1 to play in glorious RGB SCART
    Maybe I'll actually finish it now.

y4TFU1C.jpg

Danonino. wrote: »
    A whole bunch sent to the new shop on Georges street cleaned out most stores.

99.9% of cube games are bought online as they appear (within minutes usually) appearing elsewhere. With a higher pricetag.

Also near Christmas sections get completely cleared out, Wii sections could have 5 games left at Christmas but be bursting at the seems at Halloween.

Oh yeah, d'oh! lol.

Whats the George's St branch like? Cex must be making a killing in Ireland, was in Gamestop at lunch there, (having a look, I never buy from them) their perowned prices are terribly high on some rubbish old games. And the price of 8th gen games is shocking, who pays that besides mammys who don't t know any better? Surely the mum's of Ireland aren't solely keeping GS open are they? Smiths and argos for new releases for me.

Also! Was in HMV, copy of Genji days of the blade second hand for €4, but stickers and hard security tape as far as the eye can see all over the box. Way so much sticky stuff HMV?

K, I'll stop now :)

CEX are most certainly making a killing off the amount of ps2 games I buy for my never ending backlog

I have no hope of ever, ever paying any more than lip service to the host of PS2 games I own.
    As we segue into the current gen, and the library of those starts to build my PS, PS2 and even PS3 games library is going to do little but lie there, and me having nothing to do with them all past see them and find satisfaction in owning them all, a bit like Smaug sitting on his trove, albeit with less singing about gold, fewer scales too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,223 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Collecting is a funny business. I've mountains of games I've never played (and probably never will play) but don't want to get rid of them :/

It's a weird one isn't it. So many trashy rubbish games out there for each system that I'll never, ever, play, but I just love going through them all every so often.

Don't know what it is. Must be the hoarder in me lol. Could be spending my money on worse things

Do you cackle as you go through them, while wearing an old overcoat and fingerless gloves?
    Because, if you do you've slipped into a Dickens' novel and you need to move along, fast!

Do you cackle as you go through them, while wearing an old overcoat and fingerless gloves?
    Because, if you do you've slipped into a Dickens' novel and you need to move along, fast!
    Y...you mean this is a bad thing? :-/

• Advertisement

I find myself playing a lot of crappy games just because they are current and then really regretting it because I could be playing much better games on older systems. Every time it's like 'oh an open world game but this one got good reviews!'. 80 hours later 'that was a 8 hour game stretched across 80 hours of the same old rubbish, why do I never learn'. Or else it's 'oh a Ninja Theory game that got mediocre reviews but player reviews and retrospectives are amazingly positive, maybe it will be another Nier!'. Then I realise after wasting my time it's just another mediocre Ninja Theory game. I'm trying to be a bit more canny about picking out what games to play and not getting caught up in the hype machine because lets face it, most triple A games these days with the odd exception are merely decent games bloated with filler way beyond play times that can support their gameplay and ideas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement