Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MrVestek wrote: »
    Y...you mean this is a bad thing? :-/

It is when you ask boys to dress up in disguise and steal to further enhance your trove,
    like what happened to this guy!
    n743233480_1080176_1389.jpg
    Sent out by a nefarious collector to find gaming ephemera that he will never play, the horror, the horror!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Remember I said I'd buy no more until Xmas... I lied. At the prices I got these it was hard to say no.

tSHbVZRl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You'll have to excuse two things:

The bad camera quality, and the stupid photoshop job I did :P

AJX4rh7l.jpg

Aside from that, I couldn't believe Auto Modellista was in my local CeX. I never saw it on store shelves growing up so it was a hidden gem for me. It isn't even that good but I love the art style of it!

playstation-50101-21362111784.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

You'll have to excuse two things:

The bad camera quality, and the stupid photoshop job I did :P

AJX4rh7l.jpg

Aside from that, I couldn't believe Auto Modellista was in my local CeX. I never saw it on store shelves growing up so it was a hidden gem for me. It isn't even that good but I love the art style of it!

playstation-50101-21362111784.jpg
    I got it in xtra vision celbridge second hand in 2006 or 7, I always seen it in the import section of games tm and boy was I dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

swung by one charity shop I hadn't visited in a while on my way home and got this for €5 :D
    12289604_10153786496463276_6195429755076850935_n.jpg?oh=ab8cfd4703dbe792baa2dcd052fb35ba&oe=56E13904

DS works fine but smells of fried onions strangely enough ... ... mmm....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

airmax87 wrote: »
    I got it in xtra vision celbridge second hand in 2006 or 7, I always seen it in the import section of games tm and boy was I dissapointed.

It was a gloriously beautiful game, full of lovely touches, like independently animated exhaust outlets, but for every hour, day or month they spent on the best in class visuals it was an hour, day or month they didn't spend on the handling, it was horrible to play, such a disappointing game.
    Reminds me of Vanishing Point on the PS and DC, I had the latter one and, despite lovely visuals they were terrible to play n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Got lucky today in a Charity shop, picked these up:

sat2_zpsnwevev4p.jpg

sat1_zpsrgcctsc5.jpg

All CIB, boxes are a bit battered too. The discs look well used but would I be right in saying they can be cleaned in Smyths?

Just need a Saturn now :(

good score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nice picks up !! Trying giving them a soapy wash before having them skimmed

I need to widen my charity shop searches..

• Advertisement

Trust me man, this is the best haul I got this year, twas a bad year for pickups!

Banjo guy putting everyone to shame!

I had a good couple of years yeah but yours tops any of my picks tbh :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The fact you picked up Virtual Hydlide totally negates the awesome of everything else you found :D

lol . I've got Hydlide 1& 2 sealed for the MSX. haven't told anyone because I couldn't live with the sh...

...oh balls!

Ouch! At least Virtual Hydlide is one of those so bad it's good games. Hydlide 1 and 2 are the spawn of the devil. It's up there with Spelunker as one of those terrible games that the Japanese bafflingly love.

Ha I never heard of it before but to be honest reading the back of the box I thought it sounded pretty good!!

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Ha I never heard of it before but to be honest reading the back of the box I thought it sounded pretty good!!

It's like a 32 bit Skyrim with randomly generated worlds and a main protagonist that runs like an angry nerd. It's also got high levels of crappiness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Nice Haul!! Simon shop will be the downfall of CEX :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

BGOllie wrote: »
    I had a good couple of years yeah but yours tops any of my picks tbh :)

That lot of gba games you picked up a while back is the best that I remember anybody getting around here. I think it will be a while before it's topped, it was an incredible get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

A surprise home delivery this evening from Parcel Motel(they must be doing Sat deliveries in December).

He did a great job getting the speccy colour palette onto print, some of the ink used inside is glorious :)

4IMihA2.jpg

Nice Dust cover backing :)
    uUkCJAw.jpg

yjRFv01.jpg

4XQgosQ.jpg

One or two more rewards to come from this Kickstarter, probably over the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Steve X2 wrote: »
    A surprise home delivery this evening from Parcel Motel(they must be doing Sat deliveries in December).

He did a great job getting the speccy colour palette onto print, some of the ink used inside is glorious :)

One or two more rewards to come from this Kickstarter, probably over the next week.

Wow! Very impressive, looks gorgeous! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I got mine midweek as well, Artcade is coming next, gonna need a bookcase

eddhorse wrote: »
    I got mine midweek as well, Artcade is coming next, gonna need a bookcase

Yeah, Artcade coming early next year. Been a long wait on that one.
    Hopefully he does the C64 book 1 upgrade soon as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yeah, Artcade coming early next year. Been a long wait on that one.
    Hopefully he does the C64 book 1 upgrade soon as well.

Yeah its a lot smaller than the amiga/spectrum books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Not really a new get more a find.
    Found these while i was pulling out the Xmas decorations the ps sounds like a babies rattle so is prob only fit for the bin
    Uw04O7u.jpg

I enjoyed that evil dead game actually. read bad reviews of it but I have good memories of it

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yeah its a lot smaller than the amiga/spectrum books.

I'm hoping he'll do a new updated book and offer it in hardback as well as an addon "mini" book. I got the Amiga and Speccy ones in hardback and the C64 just looks wrong next to them.
    I doubt he'll go that way unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Couple of games I ordered on Black Friday.

CEEB71D7-4930-4B11-A3BC-DF0D0DBBC86A_zpso5mx0kiz.jpg

I went in to buy FF9 and came out with this..
    for 30 quid

2w3t2yv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Some lamp for €30 in fairness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement