Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Some lamp for €30 in fairness

inb4 100000 thanks on that post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Boudoir lighting level 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

download.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Lamp from Ann Summers ?

pls no bully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Lamp from Ann Summers ?

The fact it looks like a certain set of "beads" I presume? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Please tell me you've managed to wire the stick up to the sex lamp for vibration control.

Doge wrote: »
    The fact it looks like a certain set of "beads" I presume? :pac:
    it's my ma's lamp, i wouldn't know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Guys just a quick question.

Is it worth getting a composite cable for the ps2 to use on my HD TV? I just don't have the space for a crt but I know that's the better option.

I do have composite cables for my original Xbox and after the softmod it's incredible looking. I know I won't get an image like that, of course, but would it make much difference? Just too blurry or muddy or something on hdtv.

Also, any composite boxes to recommend me? Since I only have one composite connection at the back of the TV. Much rather not have to disconnect the original Xbox each time to play the ps2.

Also, not too sure, but those 'ps2 to hdmi' connection yokes, would one of them be worth a look into?

As alway, thanks for any info guys!

Lag would be my concern

• Advertisement

Lag would be my concern

Ah really? With both these connections?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Once your fancy TV can accept it I'd go for a PS2 RGB cable.
    Pretty cheap and a good picture.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Once your fancy TV can accept it I'd go for a PS2 RGB cable.
    Pretty cheap and a good picture.

I do have the standard RGB cable with a scart connection going into the TV, but maybe I should order a full on scart cable then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I do have the standard RGB cable with a scart connection going into the TV, but maybe I should order a full on scart cable then?

All you are getting there is composite which is pure ****e. You'll need a proper RGB cable to get a RGB signal. There's not a lot of difference between 480i and 480p and only a handful of games support 480p so I say go with RGB unless you want to see GT4 in 1080i.

Component cables are actually cheaper than RGB scart on the PS2 iirc, if you're getting chinese ones that is. (they'e graaand)

airmax87 wrote: »
    Component cables are actually cheaper than RGB scart on the PS2 iirc, if you're getting chinese ones that is. (they'e graaand)

Aliexpress, $8 delivered for RGB scart ordered.
    Would go with component but only have one connection and use the original Xbox with that cause it looks so good.

Cheers for all the advice guys, now I just wait a few months for it to arrive lol

Aliexpress, $8 delivered for RGB scart ordered.
    Would go with component but only have one connection and use the original Xbox with that cause it looks so good.

Cheers for all the advice guys, now I just wait a few months for it to arrive lol

The jump from composite/rf is such a big shock, especially with the PS2 and OG xbox, which have horrible video output on composite (the gamecube looks way better on composite than the other two)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

These two arrived today, looking forward to getting stuck into Area 88 but finding it hard to drag myself away from Dariusburst...

games.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Free stuff from a guy in work.

Has loads more PS1 and PS2 stuff for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That Dragon ball Z game is naff but the rest are all childhood favorites of mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Between Ed and Ollie's recent hauls, I'm considering changing jobs.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Between Ed and Ollie's recent hauls, I'm considering changing jobs.

Ive another bag of PS1/2 to go through.
    He said he had gameboy games also.

Worth asking around every office.

I'll be putting them on the martketplace for free or cheap anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

The only time I ever got shafted when purchasing a Retro Game was when I tried to buy Space Wars for the Vectrex from a French seller with a decent looking picture of a box.

However when the game arrived the inside of the box was filthy with some kind of uneaten food in it, and the overlay was scratched to bits and foody also!

I made the **** up of filing a claim and sending it back by standard post and didnt get a penny back.

So surely my second time buying it from a seller on the Vectrex Facebook group would be smooth and non problematic?

rhKUpAo.jpg

Minty box: check
    Minty manual: check
    Minty overlay: check

Minty cartridge: non existant!

Luckily the seller was sound and refunded me in full, so I got sll the above for free minus paypal fee.

Looks like 3rd time I will strike lucky when I buy an original cartridge.

For now the Vec Multi will do fine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Have a lovely Sharp Twin Famicom winging its way from Japan :) Also picked up a few of those multi game Famicarts.

Have a lovely Sharp Twin Famicom winging its way from Japan :) Also picked up a few of those multi game Famicarts.

Oh they are gorgeous ! Good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Don't actually have these in my hands yet but they've just been shipped. May have to head into work on my week off to pick them up but it'll be so worth it.

12341300_10208587399825250_5148508857048273915_n.jpg?oh=93f17941cc6885726f3b657cc757d3e8&oe=56E0E596&__gda__=1456992851_4b4bb454639cc469e78d40983770959e

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not Retro at all but, perusing the PSN store, I spotted all the Destiny DLC so far for a slight €25, rather than buy the whole pack I can just use my existing and cheap copy of the game for the PS4.
    Just spent an hour with it and its a lot of fun, I just did the single player campaign first time around so my first attempt at a Strike level was a real treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Don't actually have these in my hands yet but they've just been shipped. May have to head into work on my week off to pick them up but it'll be so worth it.

12341300_10208587399825250_5148508857048273915_n.jpg?oh=93f17941cc6885726f3b657cc757d3e8&oe=56E0E596&__gda__=1456992851_4b4bb454639cc469e78d40983770959e

Rage is on the way to me too :D
    Sickened I missed shinobi 3.
    Isn't a street fighter out real soon?

Hopefully the mixer will be fixed by then and I can wreck the neighbours heads with some streets of rage mixed in with powerglove and Gost :D

Image is probably massive so here's a link to the setup I started two days ago. Cabinet got murdered ha ha

[url] http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20151213_2331182.jpg [/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

From my very generous Secret Santa.

• Advertisement

Generous and handsome, you forgot handsome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement