Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Doge wrote: »
    Its quite funny to see a cassette in the Gets thread! :D

We need more tape gets and less dvd in this section :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Arrived this evening, this one's been missing from my collection for far too long.

dcGisIO.jpg

Not the best in the series by a long shot, but I'll get some fun out of it in work tomorrow instead of, you know, working :)

Gz8pR4s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Cassette Pr0n

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

RGB scart cables for my dreamcast, and Shenmue II (THAT I FLEECED CEX ON).

Now I don't mind the stickers they give you, as I cover my trinitron in them, but they decided it'd be a good idea to give me transfer tatoos this time in the envelope..

63zARee.jpg

6eROmay.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Speaking of Shenmue...

These arrived into work when I was off last week.

1012596_10208648711037992_7154502737685974939_n.jpg?oh=64e2472d0450160aa998512891e798ce&oe=571762C5&__gda__=1457186042_e462e4ce57a64ba32620124e36d559ea

Can't wait to give them a listen! They're at home now still in the shrink wrapping just begging to be played.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Two soundtracks and a phone!
    Nice haul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Worth it for such a large high quality image of the SOR artwork alone!

Can actually make out 'green sewer dude's face :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

It's nothing compared to the beautiful high def quality of the SOR t-shirt I bought though...

Master of the Universe

It's nothing compared to the beautiful high def quality of the SOR t-shirt I bought though...

Why have I not seen this???

And more importantly, why haven't I been linked to a place to buy one?!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Why have I not seen this???

And more importantly, why haven't I been linked to a place to buy one?!

If you had followed through on your plan to go to cidey's beers last august you would have seen it in all it's "glory"! :P

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

37699774.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow seeing brand new shiny plastic on this cassette gave me a massive pang of nostalgia, could nearly smell the old Smyths in Galway where we used to be allowed pick out a C64 game after visiting relations:

YiLfU2K.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Dr Bob wrote: »
    got the mother of all ps1 charity shop hauls today.. see attached .

bugger that's what happens when you try and post that from a phone , while on a train traveling through the data black hole of Dublin 15.
    anyway nabbed these for a euro each last week..
    (my phones not great so the black marks are on the lens not the games
    372557.jpg
    Also this , 1 euro
    372558.jpg
    Its complete , first release , not platnum and has the Demo one disc included as well :)

I'm not sure if the post offices where throwing this against walls or your man didn't put enough fcuking bubblewrap but anyways I'm very angry.

I'm just going to swap the case from a pal snes now..

9eozNrM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jaysus, that's worse than people expect of Parcel Motel! (Though I've never had a problem with PM.)

Star Lord wrote: »
    Jaysus, that's worse than people expect of Parcel Motel! (Though I've never had a problem with PM.)

You'd think after being an eBay user since 1999 they would have packaging sussed, but no.. I've literally seen more layers of bubblewrap on ps2 games I've bought from adverts.

edit: what's even worse is , I payed more for the shipping than I did for the console itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The only thing I can say about that is when consoles are that badly yellowed, the plastic gets seriously brittle. You'd be surprised at what little force breaks them.

Myrddin wrote: »
    The only thing I can say about that is when consoles are that badly yellowed, the plastic gets seriously brittle. You'd be surprised at what little force breaks them.

Still no excuses for them , being a retro shop and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

airmax87 wrote: »
    Still no excuses for them , being a retro shop and all

Did you pay by Paypal? If so, you should have some recourse

Myrddin wrote: »
    Did you pay by Paypal? If so, you should have some recourse
    I've left some bad feedback and I'm going to wait to see if they message me over it atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I've left some bad feedback and I'm going to wait to see if they message me over it atm

Would you not have seen if you could have sorted it out with the seller before leaving negative feedback. Any decent seller would refund the whole amount, if they have been in business since 1999 this wouldn't be the first time they've seen something damaged in the post, I just don't like the leave negative feedback unless I get my money back thing, it's verging on feedback extortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

edit: what's even worse is , I payed more for the shipping than I did for the console itself

I bought an arcade stick a few years ago on ebay from an English seller.
    Cost me 99p & £9 postage.

It was wrapped in a light tesco plastic bag... not even a bit of bubble wrap. :mad:

Just listening to my new records while wrapping presents this morning...Didn't realise they came with extra artwork too! The data discs guys really went all out for these.

Very happy with my purchase!

372641.jpg

372640.jpg

You posted the Shemnue pic twice, the artwork looks amazing alright.

A
    You posted the Shemnue pic twice, the artwork looks amazing alright.
    Aye I realised that after I posted.

It's been rectified now.

Mate sold me his SNES, now to wait for my nintendo screwdriver thingie and rgb scart cables.
    Dunno what to do with the PAL mobo after I chuck the famicom one in.
    What's a fair price for these games btw ?

fkG5nC1.jpg

What do you play your vinyls on? Im keeping an eye on DD and Adverts for a decent player.

Thargor wrote: »
    What do you play your vinyls on? Im keeping an eye on DD and Adverts for a decent player.

I picked up a turntable designed for ripping vinyl to computer via USB but this one also has it's own preamp with audio out so I use that hooked up to my surround sound system.

The one I picked up a few years ago was about €100 but I'm sure you can find them a bit cheaper nowadays.

Vinyl has had a bit of a resurgence in the past few years so it shouldn't be too much hassle to put your hands on one.

Keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi too, they have turntables available from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I picked up a Record player/radio/CD and cassette player in AIM (the cash and carry) a couple of years ago for €50 (iTek is the model if I remember correctly, out of the house at the minute).

Saw the exact same one in Arnotts this summer for €170.

• Advertisement

I picked up a Record player/radio/CD and cassette player in AIM (the cash and carry) a couple of years ago for €50 (iTek is the model if I remember correctly, out of the house at the minute).

Saw the exact same one in Arnotts this summer for €170.
    MrVestek wrote: »
    I picked up a turntable designed for ripping vinyl to computer via USB but this one also has it's own preamp with audio out so I use that hooked up to my surround sound system.

The one I picked up a few years ago was about €100 but I'm sure you can find them a bit cheaper nowadays.

Vinyl has had a bit of a resurgence in the past few years so it shouldn't be too much hassle to put your hands on one.

Keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi too, they have turntables available from time to time.
    Yeah I was looking at those but they seem to be universally despised by the vinyl communities:

http://www.knowzy.com/Computers/Audio/Digitize_Your_LPs/USB_Record_Player_Turntable_Comparison.htm

Then again its a very snobby scene that probably hates anything for less than a grand. There were a few decent Sonys in our family for years that probably cost a fortune when they were bought, asked what happened to them and they'd all been taken to the collection points along with the CRT tvs around the time of the Saorview switch :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement