Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    The lovely people in IKEA are to blame, it be called a 'Fredde Workstation'.

Nice and neat that is kerb. I bet you were praying those Ikea measurements were exact! Looks like you had a few mm to play with either side. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice and neat that is kerb. I bet you were praying those Ikea measurements were exact! Looks like you had a few mm to play with either side. :)

...my measurements weren't that good. a few mm between the walls yup but not the skirting boards. Needed to buy a 'multi tool' yokie to trim one a little for one of the legs to slot into :) All nice and neat though, even the better half was impressed which is a first.

AC/Plug adapter coming to move that amp in more, currently a Euro plug Chromecast Audio power adapter is hanging out of the switched power out of the amp. With it sorted will mean the amp and move in more be out of eye shot a little and give me back some desk space. Will see how the hot work station and soldering iron fit into the setup tomorrow if I get a chance.

Leaves me now to clean up the rest of the room - think my Naomi cab is going to be long term loaned to my work place along with that Atomiswave cab I bought awhile ago. Will see what i will do with the other consoles and the Sony TV, might keep something setup. I think I will move the XboxOne onto that desk though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Xbox One is a little extreme as a paper weight, no?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Xbox One is a little extreme as a paper weight, no?

It is as good as any PS4 paper weight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It is as good as any PS4 paper weight

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:eek:

I like to call mine the Bloodborne playing paper weight.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I like to call mine the Bloodborne playing paper weight.

Yeah, but there's always The Last Guardian... some day...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, but there's always The Last Guardian... some day...

I heard they chamged the name to Last Guardian: Forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Only get of a type in an age :) a new desk!
    373159.jpg

The lovely people in IKEA are to blame, it be called a 'Fredde Workstation'.

That's a sweet looking rig! Do you do a bit of music production or do you just really like your sound?

Doge wrote: »
    That's a sweet looking rig! Do you do a bit of music production or do you just really like your sound?

Just like to have a good set of speakers and since I will most likely hook up consoles on this desk then I might as well have a good setup :) the speakers/amp had been gathering dust not really being used other than testing Chromecast Audio units for while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Just like to have a good set of speakers and since I will most likely hook up consoles on this desk then I might as well have a good setup :) the speakers/amp had been gathering dust not really being used other than testing Chromecast Audio units for while.

What speakers are they? Also is that the amp in the bottom right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got me a New 3ds xl over the holidays. Paid full retail for it too !!! :D
    just need to get games now. Going through the free demos at the moment.

1913866_10153855053248276_7293854719096897150_n.jpg?oh=3e93366a9660923d64d48c44b8fb247c&oe=57078C4E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

airmax87 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the post offices where throwing this against walls or your man didn't put enough fcuking bubblewrap but anyways I'm very angry.

I'm just going to swap the case from a pal snes now..

9eozNrM.jpg

I have a spare PAL SNES shell, if you want one. If that's a Super Famicom, you might be able to keep the bits that make it a Super Famicom and use the SNES shell to replace the broken parts.

Time to find out if my holy grail purchase is a repro... 99% sure it is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Good luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My minds gone blank, what was it again?

Still not 100% sure if this is legit or a repro, some help would be nice.

373680.jpeg

There's writing on the rom chip, just hard to make out.

SSHVC-AIAJ-01

LH537j6n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

There's writing on the rom chip, just hard to make out.

SSHVC-AIAJ-01

LH537j6n

How does the sticker artwork look up close?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well the usual signs of a fake, ie eeproms, tsop adapters, dodgy wiring/soldering aren't there. And it's just a regular mask rom.

Have you compared it to a legit photo of the game board?

• Advertisement

Perfect really, in good nick but also has wear, you can see indents in it in the right light.

I'm looking for a photo of the game board but can't find one, are there any databases like the way the Neo geo has?

Master of the Universe

Snes central has a list of all the cart PCB types and photos of them here under PCB info.

http://www.snescentral.com/system.php

Edit - so cross reference the PCB serial code on the top left of the board. (the one part the flash happens to be obscuring in your photo! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm looking for a photo of the game board but can't find one, are there any databases like the way the Neo geo has?

Are you sure it's SSHVC-AIAJ-01 and not SSHVC-AIAJ-0?

Here's a pic of the PCB:

jrebgy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can't see because of the shiny, but does it have the Nintendo logo on the pcb on the left hand side like the others above?

Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    Can't see because of the shiny, but does it have the Nintendo logo on the pcb on the left hand side like the others above?

It does indeed. You can see it if you squint really hard :D

The serial on the chip (SSHVC-AIAJ-01) is that for the game, so I'd be more than sure it's legit.

I couldn't see in the bad light downstairs, there's no 1 on the end. The chip looks exactly like the one in that picture, exact same serial numbers on it.

Master of the Universe

If it's a fake then the pirates have officially gotten their hands on Nintendo production hardware and we're all boned. You can rest easy I reckon.

BTW, where'd you get that beauty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It looks fairly legit to me. The cart has sold a few times for just above the $200 mark in the US so I would say it's almost certainly legit.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help lads. Seems legit then, everything adds up. Was a bit worried that the PCB had 1990 on it but seeing the other PCB and the fact that the same PCB is used in a few late life SNES games is reassuring. Seen the game go for around the 500 dollar mark so took a chance on a new seller and won it for 120. Alarm bells went off because the seller is selling another that looks like a classic repro, the artwork is a bit off compared to others I've seen while the one I have lines up perfectly.

He was on to me today looking for feedback if it arrived, maybe selling a real one, getting good feedback and hoping he can sell some repro off the back of it???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement